Post a reply

Re: Never Ending General Knowledge

Postby LDS

<laugh>

Similarly, one of my favourite bands didn't do so well in the singles charts generally, Fields of the Nephilim's highest chart position was No.28

Anyone here know their Nephilim well enough to remember the name of that awesome song?

Postby James Bentley

I quite enjoyed a bit of the Neph back in the day, but shockingly I can't remember any of their tracks by name. Now, if it was the Sisters of Mercy, that would be a different matter, I remember quite a few of theirs.

I realise this isn't helpful in any way.

Postby LDS

That might be of help to someone, if just to remind them what genre they were.

Don't worry, I wasn't expecting anyone to get this (if they do that's fine though), I have a more gettable question about them if no-one gets this after the obligatory 24hrs.

Postby chengdufan

Juddernaut88 wrote:I can't say I've heard of them. I will guess "The River"

You might be thinking of the Good Charlotte song, which is among my favourites.

Postby Juddernaut88

chengdufan wrote:

I remember that song, It also featured the lead singer from Avenge Sevenfold in it, the best part of the song was where he goes "On my ownnnnnnn"

Postby chengdufan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
chengdufan wrote:

I remember that song, It also featured the lead singer from Avenge Sevenfold in it, the best part of the song was where he goes "On my ownnnnnnn"

I was lucky enough to see Good Charlotte when they were fairly new on the scene. I went down to London for an Our Lady Peace gig and Good Charlotte were the supporting act. There were only about 30 people in attendance.

Postby LDS

The song was called Moonchild, and it's pretty good, well worth sticking out all the into stuff & making it to the end for all the guitar riffing and gruff-but-dreamy melodies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJWsDpA909c

So to the more real question:

They had someone quite famous, or, rather, infamous, direct some of their videos, a man by the name of Richard Stanley. Stanley has recently resurfaced as the director of the Nicolas Cage starred HP Lovecraft cult classic Colour Out of Space.

But he had another cinematic release in 1990.

It was a Terminator/Alien cash-in (rip-off?) art-house post-apocalyptic horror/sci-fi cult classic that has the notable feature of having cameo appearances from a whole host of rock legends:

Carl McCoy - lead singer of Fields of the Nephilim
Iggy Pop
Lemmy - from Motorhead

Here's McCoy in it:

Have you seen this one I wonder.

What is this film called?
Last edited by LDS on 10 May 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

LDS the name of the film is in the image url. Might want to remove it or upload to imgbb and use that url instead.

Postby HappyCamper

Watched a documentary about the island of doctor moreau film not too long ago. Crazy sounding film shoot.

I think his previous film was dust devil?

Postby Iranu

LDS wrote:LOL, nice catch.

I've used a different pic now

Did you know the answer anyway?

No I didn’t <laugh> just figured I’d check.

I’d never heard of it.

Postby James Bentley

I've seen it (long time ago now, can't remember a lot about it but think I quite enjoyed it). It's called 'Hardware'.

Postby James Bentley

LDS wrote:Yes, that's the one. Over to you.

One of my favourite pieces of computer hardware is the Sinclair ZX Spectrum (although I use an emulator these days). What is the resolution (in pixels) of its screen display?