Post a reply

Re: Never Ending General Knowledge

Postby Prop

LDS wrote:
Iranu wrote:Vernon Dursley?

Is correct!

HappyCamper wrote:used to love pie in the sky great programme

I also have strong nostalgia for it, but in my case it's weird as I can't remember ever watching it, but then I must have!

Was that the one with the large guy… Crabtree or something?

Postby Iranu

Which book is missing from the below list of Chronicles of Narnia novels?

The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Silver Chair
The Horse and His Boy
The Magician’s Nephew
The Last Battle

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:Which book is missing from the below list of Chronicles of Narnia novels?

The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Silver Chair
The Horse and His Boy
The Magician’s Nephew
The Last Battle

Murphy’s Fleshlight.

Postby Iranu

LDS wrote:Something Prince Caspian something something

Prince Caspian: The Return to Narnia is the full title but since I always knew it as Prince Caspian I think you’re more than close enough <laugh>

Over to you.

Postby LDS

While most countries that have monarchs as their head of state have kings or queens, some countries just have princes as their defacto head of state, such as Liechtenstein and Monaco.

Who was the last prince of the UK to also be the defacto head of state?

Postby SnookerEd25

LDS wrote:While most countries that have monarchs as their head of state have kings or queens, some countries just have princes as their defacto head of state, such as Liechtenstein and Monaco.

Oh, I don’t know. Going to plump for a Prince Regent; the one played by Hugh Laurie in Blackadder the Third (George IV? :chin:)

Postby LDS

SnookerEd25 wrote:
LDS wrote:While most countries that have monarchs as their head of state have kings or queens, some countries just have princes as their defacto head of state, such as Liechtenstein and Monaco.

Oh, I don’t know. Going to plump for a Prince Regent; the one played by Hugh Laurie in Blackadder the Third (George IV? :chin:)

That would be correct. After George III went completely bat-shit insane, George IV took took the reigns as prince regent.

Postby SnookerEd25

George III was portrayed by Nigel Hawthorne in ‘the Madness of King George’, which was the filmed adaptation of a successful stage play; why did the makers feel the need to change the title from that of the original stage play prior to release?

Postby James Bentley

It was because American film executives thought that the title "The Madness Of King George III" would be mistaken for a second sequel to the original "The Madness Of King George". The public would want to see the first two before going to this one.

Postby SnookerEd25

James Bentley wrote:It was because American film executives thought that the title "The Madness Of King George III" would be mistaken for a second sequel to the original "The Madness Of King George". The public would want to see the first two before going to this one.

Spot on Mr. B <ok>

Postby James Bentley

The author of "The Madness Of King George III", Alan Bennett, first found fame as a member of the Oxford Revue when they performed their satirical show "Beyond The Fringe" at the Edinburgh Festival in 1960. The Revue consisted of Bennett, Jonathan Miller and which two comedians?

Postby HappyCamper

What is the name of the extinct volcano in Edinburgh, the main peak of Holyrood Park, standing at c250m tall and located to the east of the city centre?

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:What is the name of the extinct volcano in Edinburgh, the main peak of Holyrood Park, standing at c250m tall and located to the east of the city centre?

Arthur’s Seat?

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerEd25 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:What is the name of the extinct volcano in Edinburgh, the main peak of Holyrood Park, standing at c250m tall and located to the east of the city centre?

Arthur’s Seat?

correct. nice place for a walk.

Postby SnookerEd25

Who penned the majestic work ‘le Morte d’Arthur’ in the 15th Century, from which much of the Arthurian legend as we know it today is taken?

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:I have no idea :(

Well. Thank you for your honesty <ok>

Not sure how else to respond :shrug:

Postby Iranu

Some dude from the Champagne region? If it’s who I’m thinking of I can’t remember his name anyway :chin:

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerEd25 wrote:It was Darth Maul. Correct, Judders <ok>

Sorry, sorry; it was not Darth Maul. Turns out Judders has fallen for an Internet hoax :hmmm:

Incorrect answer, I repeat INCORRECT ANSWER

THE QUESTION CONTINUES…