Re: Never Ending General Knowledge

Postby SnookerEd25

It’s Dundee, I think.

Aber = mouth of
Tay is the river that runs through Dundee

Postby Iranu

Yes yes I haven’t forgotten (for once).

I’m taking my time to think of a question.

Postby Iranu

What 1889 book is an account of its lead characters’ attempt to holiday up the River Thames?

Postby SnookerEd25

Three Men In A Boat (& not forgetting the dog) by Jerome K. Jerome

One of my favourites; highly recommend if you haven’t read it. I’ve even got an Audio version read by Hugh Laurie (the perfect voice for it) somewhere.

Postby Iranu

SnookerEd25 wrote:Three Men In A Boat (& not forgetting the dog) by Jerome K. Jerome

One of my favourites; highly recommend if you haven’t read it. I’ve even got an Audio version read by Hugh Laurie (the perfect voice for it) somewhere.

I have both read and listened to it! It’s great and yeah Laurie suits it perfectly.

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:same question as before, but with a proper answer!

Walsall

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerEd25 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:same question as before, but with a proper answer!

Walsall

this is apparently correct. not as northern as i thought. walsall being a market town in the west midlands.

Postby SnookerEd25

When I was a kid listening to Saturday afternoon football results, I used to get Walsall (as HC says a market town in the West Midlands) confused with Warsaw (a considerably larger conurbation then firmly behind the Iron Curtain)

Because I was clearly a bit of a thick kid, which other football league team did I also think were interlopers from a foreign land?