Post a reply

Re: Never Ending General Knowledge

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:Bristol?

Straight in there, shares a birthplace with the 2019 World Snooker Champion. :clap:

LDS not even in the right country :chuckle:

Postby HappyCamper

The Bristol based bus company Badgerline merged in 1995 with the Grampian Regional Transport Group to form what company, now a large multi national transport group listed on the FTSE 250 index?

Postby HappyCamper

Iranu wrote:Megabus

not megabus, a subsidiary of stagecoach founded in 2003

SnookerEd25 wrote:Stagecoach? :chin:

not stagecoach, founded in perth in the seventies.

Juddernaut88 wrote:Swansea

not swansea, which is a city in wales at least a thousand years old.

Postby HappyCamper

McManusFan wrote:Greyhound? Too American me thinks.

no. but interestingly greyhound lines usa were actually bought by the correct answer in 2007 and are now a wholly owned subsidiary.

Postby McManusFan

I think I remember a bus company called First Bus or something like that. They may have used to run the buses in York, but not sure.

Postby HappyCamper

Iranu wrote:Arriva?

not arriva, who are based in the north east of england and now owned by duetsche bahn.

McManusFan wrote:I think I remember a bus company called First Bus or something like that. They may have used to run the buses in York, but not sure.

correct! now called first group as they have branched into multiple rail franchises in the uk and abroad,

Postby McManusFan

HappyCamper wrote:
Iranu wrote:Arriva?

not arriva, who are based in the north east of england and now owned by duetsche bahn.

McManusFan wrote:I think I remember a bus company called First Bus or something like that. They may have used to run the buses in York, but not sure.

correct! now called first group as they have branched into multiple rail franchises in the uk and abroad,

Stone me! Give me a minute to think up a question.

Postby Iranu

McManusFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:ARPA?

Not ARPA, the Australian Rehabilitation Providers Association. Or anything sharing those initials.

<laugh> I was thinking the ARPANET but I guess that’s not technically a website.

CERN?

Postby McManusFan

Iranu wrote:
McManusFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:ARPA?

Not ARPA, the Australian Rehabilitation Providers Association. Or anything sharing those initials.

<laugh> I was thinking the ARPANET but I guess that’s not technically a website.

CERN?

Bingo!

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:
Iranu wrote:Megabus

not megabus, a subsidiary of stagecoach founded in 2003

SnookerEd25 wrote:Stagecoach? :chin:

not stagecoach, founded in perth in the seventies.

Juddernaut88 wrote:Swansea

not swansea, which is a city in wales at least a thousand years old.

:lol:

Postby HappyCamper

Which satire by Voltaire has the sub title the Optimist, the work has been adapted as a 20th C operetta with music my Leonard Bernstein?

Postby vodkadiet1

HappyCamper wrote:Which satire by Voltaire has the sub title the Optimist, the work has been adapted as a 20th C operetta with music my Leonard Bernstein?

Candide?

Postby HappyCamper

vodkadiet1 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:Which satire by Voltaire has the sub title the Optimist, the work has been adapted as a 20th C operetta with music my Leonard Bernstein?

Candide?

correct. obviously a man of culture :hatoff:

Postby vodkadiet1

HappyCamper wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:

Candide?

correct. obviously a man of culture :hatoff:

Tthe best of all possible worlds...