Post a reply

Re: Never Ending General Knowledge

Postby Iranu

Alan Rickman won a Best Supporting Actor BAFTA for his role in what 1991 film?

Postby HappyCamper

Nineteen ninety one saw the eruption of Mount Pinatubo, at force 6 on the volcanic explosivity index the second largest of the 20th century, in which country? Relief efforts were complicated by the simultaneous arrival of Typhoon Yunya in the affected area.

Postby HappyCamper

chengdufan wrote:Philippines

correct, it's the philippines! part the so called 'ring of fire' of high seismic activity around the pacific ocean.

Postby chengdufan

Who is the current president of The Philippines? Known amongst other things for his extreme war on drugs.

Postby chengdufan

James Bentley wrote:It's something like Duerte, don't know his first name, sorry. If that's not close enough, feel free to be strict!

Duterte is the correct answer; over to you Jim!

I think his first name is Rodrigo. He's in the news quite often here. His relationship with China isn't good, I believe.

Postby Prop

chengdufan wrote:
James Bentley wrote:It's something like Duerte, don't know his first name, sorry. If that's not close enough, feel free to be strict!

Duterte is the correct answer; over to you Jim!

I think his first name is Rodrigo. He's in the news quite often here. His relationship with China isn't good, I believe.

He’s the guy that’s tackling the drug problem by having all the drug addicts murdered, isn’t he. Route one, to say the least.

Postby James Bentley

Quite a few of Philip K. sausage's writings have been adapted into films. Which 1990 film is based on his 1966 short story "We Can Remember It For You Wholesale"?

Postby HappyCamper

Memory, the Heart is a 1937 self portrait in oil-on-metal by which surrealist? It represents the torment caused by an affair between the artist's spouse and sibling.

Postby chengdufan

The city of Chichen Itza in Yucatan, Mexico was built by which ancient civilization?

Postby Prop

chengdufan wrote:
Prop wrote:The Maya

Correct!

Bit of a guess!

One important surviving artefact of the Maya civilisation is the Popol Vuh. What is it?