Post a reply

Re: Never Ending General Knowledge

Postby Iranu

Not Caesar. This man wasn’t a military leader. Details of his life are unclear but many works of the same “genre” are credited to him.

Postby HappyCamper

the fantasy comic book series fables, created by bill willingham, was originally published by which imprint of dc comics, used to publish works with more adult content than dc's main lines?

Postby LDS

Iranu wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:aesop?

An absolute act of theft from HC there!

That was the intention, lol, I never would have been able to scroll through all the old authors.

HappyCamper wrote:the fantasy comic book series fables, created by bill willingham, was originally published by which imprint of dc comics, used to publish works with more adult content than dc's main lines?

Vertigo.

Postby Iranu

LDS wrote:
That was the intention, lol, I never would have been able to scroll through all the old authors.

Okay.

Postby HappyCamper

LDS wrote:Vertigo.

correct. noted for also publishing works such as y, the last man, 100 bullets, and the invisibles.

Postby HappyCamper

i never read that one. remember a bit of a non-controversy over harry potter having a similarity.

Postby LDS

HappyCamper wrote:i never read that one. remember a bit of a non-controversy over harry potter having a similarity.

Yes, the two are completely unrelated & Gaimen has never contested Rowling. I suspect any similarity was likely simple osmosis. Rowling would have been 25 in 1990 & so might well have seen or even read one at some point and then forgotten about it, but then it was still there in her subconscious when she wrote the first Potter book.