Post a reply

Re: Never Ending General Knowledge

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:David Albert?

No. He’s an old man who lives near me; I never knew he was a physicist :chin:

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:Schwarzschild?

I have not heard of this gentleman; I have heard of Gruffaloschild, but he is a different entity entirely.

Incorrect, in any case.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerEd25 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:Schwarzschild?

I have not heard of this gentleman; I have heard of Gruffaloschild, but he is a different entity entirely.

Incorrect, in any case.

He is most famous for the Scwarzschild radius, essentially the size of a body of mass below which it is so dense it becomes a black hole.

Postby chengdufan

SnookerEd25 wrote:Matthew Broderick directed himself in ‘Infinity’, a biographical drama about the life of which physicist?

What era are we looking at?

Postby SnookerEd25

chengdufan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Matthew Broderick directed himself in ‘Infinity’, a biographical drama about the life of which physicist?

What era are we looking at?

The (relatively) modern era; 20th century.

Here is a clue : the film was based on two books about the gentleman, one of which was entitled ‘Surely you’re joking, Mr. ———-‘

Postby SnookerEd25

Still no correct answers, and I’m beginning to despair of Islander’s literary knowledge :grrr:

Postby James Bentley

If it's not Challenger, as HappyCamper said (and I think it is), then I'll try Columbia as it's the only other one that I can recall that ended in disaster.

I remember the Challenger disaster, I'd have been about 14 and was quite into space stuff. It was absolutely shocking, especially so as it was all broadcast on TV. Must have been kind of similar to the assassination of JFK for the generation before.

Postby James Bentley

Juddernaut88 wrote:This quiz seems to have died down in the past few days :(

Maybe McManusfan forgot he set the question?

Postby chengdufan

I'm going to google the answer so we can move the quiz along. Back in a minute

Postby McManusFan

Sorry, I could have sworn I said Happy Camper was correct. I probably forgot to press submit like a ninny, and I've been away for a long weekend. Apologies again, and over to Happy Camper.

Postby HappyCamper

What was the name of the dog launched into space on the Soviet Sputnik 2 spacecraft, she became the first recorded terrestrial animal to orbit the Earth on the mission?