Post a reply

Re: Never Ending General Knowledge

Postby HappyCamper

that skyscarper, it's not the burj khalifa but the other one whose name i can't remember.

so must be the united arab emirates.

Postby chengdufan

HappyCamper wrote:that skyscarper, it's not the burj khalifa but the other one whose name i can't remember.

so must be the united arab emirates.

That's right!

It's the Burj Al Arab in Dubai

Postby HappyCamper

inspired by the form a caravel, the vasco da gama tower is located on the waterfront in which european city?

Postby HappyCamper

chengdufan wrote:Lisbon?

correct. vasco da gama was a portuguese navigator and explorer. though you probably ken that.

Postby chengdufan

Which team won the Rugby World Cup in the only year that Portugal qualified for the tournament?

Postby chengdufan

Judders, gentle reminder that your next question has to be related to the previous one in some way <ok>

Postby Juddernaut88

chengdufan wrote:Judders, gentle reminder that your next question has to be related to the previous one in some way <ok>

Can it be on another sport or will it have to be Rugby?

Postby chengdufan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Judders, gentle reminder that your next question has to be related to the previous one in some way <ok>

Can it be on another sport or will it have to be Rugby?

Anything to do with South Africa, Portugal, rugby, or a World Cup, I'd say.

Postby Juddernaut88

South Africa hosted the 2010 FIFA football world cup. They managed to win 1 group stage game.
Which team did they beat?

Postby chengdufan

Juddernaut88 wrote:South Africa hosted the 2010 FIFA football world cup. They managed to win 1 group stage game.
Which team did they beat?

This is a very good question. I was into my football in 2010 and watched all the matches, but I can't remember who they beat. I'll need to sleep on it.

What I remember most is the Jabulani ball! My team bought an official one and played with it in practice. It was like playing with the old plastic windblower, ridiculous!

Postby HappyCamper

it was france.

the french players had a wee meltdown over something and the clown domenech was in charge.

Postby Juddernaut88

HappyCamper wrote:it was france.

the french players had a wee meltdown over something and the clown domenech was in charge.

Correct :hatoff:

Postby HappyCamper

the official ball of the 2010 fifa world cup, the adidas jabulani, has a name meaning 'be happy!' in which african language?

Postby HappyCamper

all good guesses but.

not sotho, national language of lesotho and one of eleven official languages of south africa.

not afrikaans, which evolved from dutch and is also one of eleven official languages in south africa.

not fante, a dialect of akan spoken primarily in ghana.