Post a reply

Re: Never Ending General Knowledge

Postby LDS

Back to films,

The Mission was a big film in the early 1980s, as it starred the new hot talent on the block Jeremy Irons and also the legendary Robert De Niro.

However, one of the co-stars was quite unknown at the time but would go on to become one of the biggest names/stars in Hollywood.

Who was this?

Postby chengdufan

Friendly reminder that answers from myself and Juddernaut88 on the never ending general knowledge quiz need confirmation one way or another

Postby LDS

No, neither are correct.

Buscemi, while being a good actor, isn't someone who tends to lead films, so wouldn't be one of the biggest names/stars in Hollywood. A big star, for sure, but a bit of an undershoot here.

Tom Cruise is the right tier of actor but seems like an odd fit for being a good guess for being alongside Irons and DeNiro in a movie.

While Buscemi seems like a good fit to be in a film with DeNiro as they both have fame appearing in Italian Mafia type stuff, both Buscemi and Cruise have never been in a film with DeNiro as far as I can see after a cursory glance at their IMDBs. Although the star we're looking for also wouldn't be an obvious fit for a DeNiro movie either.

Postby LDS

And just as a warning, I don't think I'm going to be giving clues for this one as I feel it's not that big an ask for people to guess at top tier Hollywood stars. If anything, this isn't massively different from guessing a number, in fact it should be somewhat easier than that even, as we can guess the likely age of the big name, which doesn't leave all that many options.

Postby chengdufan

Prop wrote:
chengdufan wrote:How would one 'walk the dog'?

With a Yoyo.

Indeed, but how?

Postby Prop

chengdufan wrote:
Prop wrote:

With a Yoyo.

Indeed, but how?

It’s the name of a trick where you apply spin to the yoyo and let it spin itself across the floor/ground, giving the impression that you have a dog on a lead.

Postby chengdufan

Prop wrote:
chengdufan wrote:
Prop wrote:

With a Yoyo.

Indeed, but how?

It’s the name of a trick where you apply spin to the yoyo and let it spin itself across the floor/ground, giving the impression that you have a dog on a lead.

Correct, if a little lacking in detail

Postby James Bentley

Prop wrote:Who sang Walk Like a Man?

Loads of people. But Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons sang it first, and Divine did a hi-NRG cover version in the 1980s that was quite something.

Postby Prop

James Bentley wrote:
Prop wrote:Who sang Walk Like a Man?

Loads of people. But Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons sang it first, and Divine did a hi-NRG cover version in the 1980s that was quite something.

The original was what I was after. Over to you <ok>

Postby Prop

HappyCamper wrote:open the door,
get on the floor,
everybody walk the dinsoaur!

That’s the one! Can’t think of the artist though. Stumped.