Post a reply

Re: Never Ending General Knowledge

Postby vodkadiet1

Which London Underground station has the most stairs? At least a hundred more than any other.

Postby mick745

Dan-cat wrote:Hampstead

Hampstead wasn't good enough for you was it? You had to go poncing off to Barnsley with your coal mining friends.

Postby SnookerEd25

mick745 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Hampstead

Hampstead wasn't good enough for you was it? You had to go poncing off to Barnsley with your coal mining friends.

pmsl

Postby Prop

Dan-cat wrote:W00t!

'Did the earth move for you Nancy' is a line from which popular song?

Very meta, Dan. Money’s Too Tight, by Simply Red.

Postby Prop

On which tv show was there a parody character of Mick Hucknall, along with Michael Jackson, Mel B and Craig David?

Postby Iranu

As James Bentley says, Elton John’s Candle In The Wind 1997 is the best-selling single in the UK.

But what is the best-selling debut single in the UK?

Postby chengdufan

Iranu wrote:As James Bentley says, Elton John’s Candle In The Wind 1997 is the best-selling single in the UK.

But what is the best-selling debut single in the UK?

I'll have wild stab at Vanilla Ice, Ice Ice Baby

(Pop music isn't my forte)

Postby Iranu

None of those. Interesting logic going for talent show winners. They have tended to have huge sales in the past.

Postby Iranu

... Baby One More Time was the 5th best-selling debut single, and the biggest single of 1999.

Postby chengdufan

Iranu wrote:None of those. Interesting logic going for talent show winners. They have tended to have huge sales in the past.

The guy who beat Gareth Gates? Can't remember his name!

Postby James Bentley

chengdufan wrote:
Iranu wrote:None of those. Interesting logic going for talent show winners. They have tended to have huge sales in the past.

The guy who beat Gareth Gates? Can't remember his name!

Will Young. But I don't think that's right either, because strictly speaking, I think it has to be "Do They Know It's Christmas?" by Band Aid.