Post a reply

Re: Never Ending General Knowledge

Postby James Bentley

LDS wrote:Is it something like Marky Marqe? (not hangman choices)

It's not that, but it is along those sorts of lines.

Postby James Bentley

LDS wrote:Jamey James?

No. But as you're getting so close, I'll add the correct letters in from your guess:

_ A S E Y / _ A S E M

Postby James Bentley

HappyCamper wrote:Casey Casem then ?

Near enough, it's spelled Casey Kasem. I can't believe none of you have heard of him!

Postby HappyCamper

First written for soloist DJ Yoda, Concerto for Turntable and Orchestra No 1 was a 2006 composition by which London born contemporary classical composer? He is the grandson of one of Russia's most celebrated 20th century composers.

Postby chengdufan

HappyCamper wrote:First written for soloist DJ Yoda, Concerto for Turntable and Orchestra No 1 was a 2006 composition by which London born contemporary classical composer? He is the grandson of one of Russia's most celebrated 20th century composers.

Shostakovich?

Postby HappyCamper

Clue:
The composers given name is shared with an arch angel.
The grandfather's compositions include Peter and the Wolf, and the ballet Romeo and Juliet.

Postby HappyCamper

James Bentley wrote:Peter and the Wolf was Prokofiev, I'm pretty sure.

sergei prokofiev did write peter and the wolf. care to hazard a guess at his grandson's name.

Postby James Bentley

HappyCamper wrote:
James Bentley wrote:Peter and the Wolf was Prokofiev, I'm pretty sure.

sergei prokofiev did write peter and the wolf. care to hazard a guess at his grandson's name.

Gabriel?

Postby HappyCamper

correct. gabriel prokofiev has written two concerti for turntables and orchestra. they're quite good.

Postby James Bentley

Literally the only archangel I could think of!

Nobel Prize-winning author Gabriel García Márquez's 1985 novel "Love In The Time Of Cholera" was made into a 2007 film by which British director?

Postby HappyCamper

kevin567 wrote:Our overriding goal is to assist individuals and families impacted by substance use and dependency disorders to find a clean and clear way of living that addresses the entire person: children rehab services. children rehab services

very noble cuase.

Postby HappyCamper

I saw the film at the pictures. Starred Javier Bardem. Was good. But I've forgotten who directed it.

I'll guess Sam Mendes, as that was the first name that came to my head.