Post a reply

Re: Never Ending General Knowledge

Postby Prop

LDS gets it with Clapton. And HappyCamper earns bonus points naming the make and model. Of course it could only be a Strat!

Over to LDS...

Postby Prop

I should know this. And I do.

He played on While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

Postby LDS

Yes, that's it. Clapton plays the titular weeping guitar.

Guitar World wrote:Clapton's performance was ranked 42nd in Guitar World's 2008 list of the "100 Greatest Guitar Solos"

Wikipedia wrote:Harrison and Clapton often performed the song together live, during which they shared the lead guitar role over the closing section.

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:Goerge Harrison was by far the most successful solo Beatle in the 70s

Until Ringo got the Thomas gig in the eighties <ok>

Postby Juddernaut88

4 other quizzes need answering too but ideally never ending quiz, missing vowels quiz and identify the match :)

Postby Prop

Great track. Love a bit of George. <ok>

Clapton was famous for playing in Cream, who released Sunshine Of Your Love in 1967.

Who played an impromptu cover of this track while performing on the LuLu Show in 1969?

Stopping halfway through their own song, the frontman said “We’d like to stop playing this rubbish, and dedicate a song to the Cream, regardless of what kind of group they may be in. We dedicate this to Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce.”

Postby HappyCamper

Described as the best in the world by the Wall Street Journal, Hendricks Gin is distilled in Girvan in which historic county of the United Kingdom?

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:Described as the best in the world by the Wall Street Journal, Hendricks Gin is distilled in Girvan in which historic county of the United Kingdom?

Renfrewshire?

Postby SnookerEd25

Yeh, think I was mixing Girvan up with Govan...

Should be thinking Northern Ireland, I feel, so I’m going to try Antrim? :chin:

Postby HappyCamper

Prop wrote:It’s definitely south west Scotland. Ayreshire?

Yahtzee! Created by William Grant & Sons Ltd whisky makers.

Postby Prop

HappyCamper wrote:
Prop wrote:It’s definitely south west Scotland. Ayreshire?

Yahtzee! Created by William Grant & Sons Ltd whisky makers.

I knew I was close!

Hugh Grant was infamously caught with his pants down and arrested for committing ‘lewd conduct in a public place’ in LA back in 1995.

What’s the name of the lady of the night he was caught with? Real or assumed name acceptable.

Postby Prop

Dan-cat wrote:Divine Brown.

*edit

That’s the one. And to think he had Liz Hurley at home. The mind boggles!

Postby Iranu

Hugh Grant was on the podcast WTF With Marc Maron a few weeks back. Seems like a pretty cool guy.

Postby Dan-cat

Because, unfortunately, humans are weak, and er... human. Sure he had prime steak at home, but we all know what it's like to have the desire to pop out for a naughty burger.

What was the name of the first film that Hugh and Liz produced out of their Simian Films stable?

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:Hugh Grant was on the podcast WTF With Marc Maron a few weeks back. Seems like a pretty cool guy.

Always loved Hugh and yes that is great listen.

I thought the way he handled the whole Divine Brown thing - by basically going on Letterman and saying 'I had a few drinks and f*cked up' was a study in how to own a scandal like that.

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:Of course Dan pops up out of nowhere to answer the public sex question.

rofl

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:Hugh Grant was on the podcast WTF With Marc Maron a few weeks back. Seems like a pretty cool guy.

Always loved Hugh and yes that is great listen.

I thought the way he handled the whole Divine Brown thing - by basically going on Letterman and saying 'I had a few drinks and f*cked up' was a study in how to own a scandal like that.

It’s a good podcast in general <ok> have you listened to any Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend?

And yeah I agree. It’s crazy how much rubbish he got for that considering what people do these days and it barely raises an eyebrow!