Post a reply

Re: Who has beaten Ronnie O'Sullivan in triple crown events

Postby Holden Chinaski

Empire State Human wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Mad that Dennis Taylor once beat Ronnie in the Masters.

I'm reminded of a review of Ronnie's autobiography.

This article is incorrect. What Ronnie said about Dennis sitting in his chair might be true.

If you skip to 44:00 minutes in the video below, you will see the chairs are next to each other with no table in between:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LzaNEiP8Rs

Postby Empire State Human

Holden Chinaski wrote:This article is incorrect. What Ronnie said about Dennis sitting in his chair might be true.

If you skip to 44:00 minutes in the video below, you will see the chairs are next to each other with no table in between:

Yes, they are always tinkering with the set-up at the Crucible. I just found it funny how Taylor referred back to that Masters match he won after being criticised. Some matches have a weird after-life when they're brought up years later for petty stuff nobody remembers.

Taylor got results against just about everyone at one time or another, so no surprise he beat Ronnie.

Postby Andre147

badtemperedcyril wrote:Cliff Wilson was the first name that sprung to mind actually. What an absolute legend he was!

Also, Parrott had his pants down at the Crucible, 13-3. That was sweet. People say Ronnie was just a kid then but he'd already won the UK. :)

And?

He was still 18.

Postby badtemperedcyril

Andre147 wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:Cliff Wilson was the first name that sprung to mind actually. What an absolute legend he was!

Also, Parrott had his pants down at the Crucible, 13-3. That was sweet. People say Ronnie was just a kid then but he'd already won the UK. :)

And?

He was still 18.

Underestimate Parrott at your peril

Postby Andre147

badtemperedcyril wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

And?

He was still 18.

Underestimate Parrott at your peril

Nothing of the sort, Parrot was one of the great players of the 90s.

But Ronnie was still a teenager, if he were older yes Parrot might have still won, but not by that 13-3 scoreline. Would certainly be a lot closer.

Postby SnookerArcher

badtemperedcyril wrote:Parrott was Ronnie’s bogey man

Yes I've never seen anyone say that, the H2H is incredibly bad for Ronnie.

55/58, Cliff Wilson, David Gray and Drew Wilson escaped me as I"m not knowledgeable of pre 2010 snooker though I've been around long enough to see Jimmy lose all those finals.

Postby HappyCamper

Ronnie79 wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:57/58

Got about 50 from memory and another few from who did well in that tournament. 2002 Uk was a complete guess and another UK I didn't get.

I doubt you got Terry Murphy

You don't need to enter full names. So entering just 'Murphy' for Shaun would satisfy the quiz.

Postby Juddernaut88

HappyCamper wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:57/58

Got about 50 from memory and another few from who did well in that tournament. 2002 Uk was a complete guess and another UK I didn't get.

I doubt you got Terry Murphy

You don't need to enter full names. So entering just 'Murphy' for Shaun would satisfy the quiz.

Yep I did that and was so pleased to end up getting Terry Murphy lol

Postby Andre147

Very few could have remembered Terry Murphy, but you don't have to put first name and surname, and Shaun Murphy is much more well known, but I don't think Shaun had actually beaten Ronnie in a Triple Crown event, which seems odd because the other Murphy has.