Post a reply

Re: Never Ending Quiz

Postby HappyCamper

must be andy hicks the other week. he won four deciders then got spanked by hawkins.

Postby vodkadiet1

HappyCamper wrote:must be andy hicks the other week. he won four deciders then got spanked by hawkins.

Yes sir!!

:cracker:

Postby HappyCamper

below is a portrait in mixed media by julian dyson of a snooker player, with markings of the players name covered up. simply name the player.

Postby HappyCamper

that is indeed the 2002 scottish open champion, stephen lee.

Postby James Bentley

Yes, it's not exactly photorealistic, but Stephen Lee came instantly to mind as soon as I saw it.

Which player's first Crucible appearance ended in a 13-8 defeat to a 65 year old Fred Davis?

Postby Reg Varney

Neal Foulds, on commentary, was talking about a 77-year old Fred Davis playing Ronnie and taking a frame off him during O'Sullivan's first season on tour recently.

So we'll be looking around 1980ish. I'll guess at Jimmy White.

Postby chengdufan

James Bentley wrote:Which player's first Crucible appearance ended in a 13-8 defeat to a 65 year old Fred Davis?

Kirk Stevens?

Postby James Bentley

chengdufan wrote:
James Bentley wrote:Which player's first Crucible appearance ended in a 13-8 defeat to a 65 year old Fred Davis?

Kirk Stevens?

Correct! I wanted to say that Judders was quite close with his guess but thought that might have been a bit of a giveaway. It was 1979 and Kirk had just defeated John Pulman 9-0 to qualify, only to be beaten by an even older player!

Postby chengdufan

Bit of a guess!

Who did Kirk beat in the final of the 1983 Canadian Professional Championship?

Postby Reg Varney

I'm sure it's not going to be the obvious but might as well eliminate him, The Grinder himself, Clifford Thorburn Esq.

Postby SnookerEd25

All of the obvious have been eliminated, and a bit too early for Alain Robidoux I think; therefore must be a left-field answer.

Is it Island favourite Frank Jonik?

Postby chengdufan

SnookerEd25 wrote:All of the obvious have been eliminated, and a bit too early for Alain Robidoux I think; therefore must be a left-field answer.

Is it Island favourite Frank Jonik?

:clap: It was indeed Bionic Jonik

Postby SnookerEd25

Oh buck. So I was. Completely forgot I had entered this round :emb:

Better get things moving again.

Who beat Steve Davis in his final attempt at getting to the Crucible? It was also his final professional matach.

Postby Juddernaut88

2016 was the year. I'm not certain about the player. Let's go with Mark King?

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:2016 was the year. I'm not certain about the player. Let's go with Mark King?

No, the gentleman in question has more hair than Mark King; not a lot, but more.

Postby SnookerEd25

Correct. It was Spoilsport O’Brien. But we’re both wrong about the score; I thought it was 10-6, but just checked and it was actually 10-4.

:clap: