Post a reply

Re: Never Ending General Knowledge

Postby LDS

HappyCamper wrote:Timothy Hunter?

Is correct.

He appeared in 128 comics between 1993 and 2005, the longest running of these being the on-going The Book of Magic series which ran for 75 issues between 1995-2001.

I guess the world just ain't big enough for two "normal, bespectacled teenage boys who have lost their mothers, and discover that they are destined to become powerful magicians while gaining an owl as a pet."

Postby HappyCamper

which of the five mana colours of the magic: the gatherting trading card game is an attack oriented class built around fast gameplay, and typified by creature summons and spells causing direct damage?

Postby HappyCamper

McManusFan wrote:Wild guess: red

not that wild; it's correct. the other four colours are white, black, blue, and green.

Postby McManusFan

Fluke! Now I know how Judd trump must feel.

New question:
Mars in known as the 'red planet', which compound is responsible for the red colour?

Postby SnookerEd25

McManusFan wrote:
New question:
Mars in known as the 'red planet', which compound is responsible for the red colour?

Blood.

Postby Iranu

Sticking with the space theme:

The boundary between the observable and unobservable universe is known by what two-word name?

Postby chengdufan

SnookerEd25 wrote:STAR TREK ?

Deary me, Ed. Ridiculous answer!

Quantum Leap

Postby rekoons

Iranu wrote:Sticking with the space theme:

The boundary between the observable and unobservable universe is known by what two-word name?

It's something with 'horizon', but can't think of the other word...

Postby rekoons

I think an event horizon has got something to do with black holes, if you get too close and cross this line (the event horizon) you're lost and can never escape the pull of the black hole. even light itself isn't fast enough to avoid getting sucked in.

the useless stuff I remember from reading books... <laugh>

and ofcourse it's also a movie.

Postby Iranu

rekoons wrote:I think an event horizon has got something to do with black holes, if you get too close and cross this line (the event horizon) you're lost and can never escape the pull of the black hole. even light itself isn't fast enough to avoid getting sucked in.

the useless stuff I remember from reading books... <laugh>

and ofcourse it's also a movie.

Yeah event horizon is a more general term I think but usually used in relation to black holes

Postby Iranu

McManusFan wrote:Is it something weird like Causal Horizon? As anything outside of our observable bubble cannot have had any impact on us.

Interesting thinking but no.

It’s a word that can have “matter” and “antimatter” putnin front of it, and is a commonly used word in some areas of physics.