Post a reply

Re: 2 Word Clue

Postby chengdufan

Ronnie O'Sullivan

Postby Prop

chengdufan wrote:Ronnie O'Sullivan

And it looks like Chengdufan has done it! Would you like to explain it to Iranu? <laugh>

Postby chengdufan

Prop wrote:

And it looks like Chengdufan has done it! Would you like to explain it to Iranu? <laugh>

But it's so simple!
Can I just leave it and let him figure it out himself?

Postby James Bentley

I have absolutely no idea why that's right :-(

Postby Prop

chengdufan wrote:
Prop wrote:

But it's so simple!
Can I just leave it and let him figure it out himself?

That’s entirely your choice :-)

What you saying, Iranu??!

Postby Prop

James as well?! Yep, you’ll also kick yourself <laugh>

Postby Iranu

I don’t think I’m gonna get it, certainly not while I’m working so you might as well say

Postby Prop

Well the first bit was identifying the two actors: James Nesbitt and Liam Neeson.

The easy bit was googling ‘James Nesbitt and Liam Neeson’ to immediately identify the film they’d done together…

‘Five Minutes of Heaven’

In terms of snooker, this points straight to Ronnie’s fastest ever 147, which could quite aptly be described as five minutes of heaven.

Postby James Bentley

Oh I see! I didn't think to look for a film they'd done together, I was trying to wrangle their names into something approaching an answer. D'oh.

Postby Iranu

Huh. I actually did that google, found the film and thought “nah, bit tenuous.”

Postby chengdufan

This could be a tricky one. I'm 99% sure extra clues will be needed, so apologies in advance:

Crocodile Dundee

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:Huh. I actually did that google, found the film and thought “nah, bit tenuous.”

Pffft. Well I thought it was marvellous! <laugh>

Postby Prop

Jimmy Michie?

Postby Prop

Crocodile > Crocodile Shoes (Jimmy Nail) > Jimmy

Dundee > Mick (Dundee - Crocodile Dundee) > Michie

Postby chengdufan

Not Jimmy Michie. Good thinking but you're on the wrong track for both clues

Postby Iranu

Paul Hunter?

Postby chengdufan

Not Paul Hunter

Postby Iranu

Terry Griffiths?

Crocodile Dundee > Paul Hogan > Hulk Hogan, real name Terry Bollea

Dundee > Leigh Griffiths, current Dundee United striker

Postby chengdufan

Iranu wrote:Terry Griffiths?

Terry Griffiths is correct!
I was thinking Steve Irwin's wife, Terri, for Crocodile, but there you go :-)

Postby Iranu

chengdufan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Terry Griffiths?

Terry Griffiths is correct!
I was thinking Steve Irwin's wife, Terri, for Crocodile, but there you go :-)

Ah I did look at Steve Irwin but didn’t think to check his wife.

And yet I couldn’t get Ronnie O’Sullivan even after literally having the answer in front of me rofl

Postby AlfGit

Prop wrote:‘Five Minutes of Heaven’

In terms of snooker, this points straight to Ronnie’s fastest ever 147, which could quite aptly be described as five minutes of heaven.

Nah, after five minutes, he was only on 134. :chin:

Interestingly, the famous 5:20 maximum actually only took 5:09 from the moment he first struck the white to the moment the last black dropped. I think Dennis Taylor said it was 5:20 and nobody bothered to check.

Postby Prop

AlfGit wrote:

Interestingly, the famous 5:20 maximum actually only took 5:09 from the moment he first struck the white to the moment the last black dropped. I think Dennis Taylor said it was 5:20 and nobody bothered to check.

This is true :-) Let’s be honest, if someone was ever to comprehensively fact-check Dennis they’d have their hands full. I remember when he pointed Patsy Fagan out in the crowd, gave it the obligatory “he’s a great friend of mine, hope you’re well Patsy”, only it wasn’t Patsy, just some random guy that looked a bit like him <laugh>

Postby AlfGit

Prop wrote:
AlfGit wrote:

This is true :-) Let’s be honest, if someone was ever to comprehensively fact-check Dennis they’d have their hands full. I remember when he pointed Patsy Fagan out in the crowd, gave it the obligatory “he’s a great friend of mine, hope you’re well Patsy”, only it wasn’t Patsy, just some random guy that looked a bit like him <laugh>

I remember that too. It wasn't very long ago. There was also an occasion when he was emcee for some reason, and introduced Mark Allen into the arena as Mark Williams. <doh>

Postby Iranu

Pelican Neigh

Postby Iranu

Not Thep

Postby Prop

Ross Muir?

Postby Iranu

Not Ross Muir.

The first word is definitely the bigger one. The second is more a bit of extra context.

Postby LDS

Alex Higgins?

The fun explanation: The Pelican Brief is a famous film, so brief might mean looking for a player known for speed. Alex Higgins used to be a jockey. Neeeeigh.

Postby Iranu

Not Alex Higgins but interesting thinking :hatoff: