Post a reply

Re: Never Ending Quiz

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:My bad. Mixed it up with your highest break <doh>

I did once have a 50+ when I was 19 but don't count that because there was a fluked blue in the middle.

My highest break included a couple of flukes, but I usually don't get anywhere near 50, SO IT COUNTS!!! <laugh>

Postby Juddernaut88

When I made my highest break of 30 the next shot I fluked a red and knocked the black near the middle pocket but the cueball went in off :( so it could have been a 38 for me which I would happily have counted even with the fluke lol.
Last edited by Juddernaut88 on 29 Jul 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:When I made my highest break of 3p the next shot I fluked a red and knocked the black near the middle pocket but the cueball went in off :( so it could have been a 38 for me which I would happily have counted even with the fluke lol.

Rightly so. If I ever made a century break (yeah right), I wouldn't discount it because there was a fluke involved. If we followed that law, Cliff Thorburn's first ever Crucible 147 'wouldn't count' :shrug:

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:When I made my highest break of 3p the next shot I fluked a red and knocked the black near the middle pocket but the cueball went in off :( so it could have been a 38 for me which I would happily have counted even with the fluke lol.

Rightly so. If I ever made a century break (yeah right), I wouldn't discount it because there was a fluke involved. If we followed that law, Cliff Thorburn's first ever Crucible 147 'wouldn't count' :shrug:

Good post :) I don't know how to do the "emoj" of that on phone lol

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:How old was I when I first picked up a snooker queue?

You must have been pretty strong to hold all those people.

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:How old was I when I first picked up a snooker queue?

You must have been pretty strong to hold all those people.

It was only SF

Postby Ck147

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

Good post :) I don't know how to do the "emoj" of that on phone lol

I have to try and remember all the codes on my crappy tablet too....think you want colon shrug colon - no spaces
:shrug:

Postby Juddernaut88

I don't know the codes of any of the smiles to be honest <laugh> I'm on the laptop now so nice and easy, Hopefully I'll remember that laughing one going forward!

Postby Dan-cat

Did I really write queue instead of cue? SMH :-)

Clue: It's lower than 10...

...and people really count flukes in their high break?! It wouldn't cross my mind to do so unless I made close to that number regularly. I've come over all Eddie Charlton haven't I! He went on a crusade to have flukes banned

Postby Juddernaut88

Dan-cat wrote:Did I really write queue instead of cue? SMH :-)

Clue: It's lower than 10...

...and people really count flukes in their high break?! It wouldn't cross my mind to do so unless I made close to that number regularly. I've come over all Eddie Charlton haven't I! He went on a crusade to have flukes banned

7?
I think maybe you should do a poll on whether people should count flukes or not on breaks, I feel at least 80% of users on here will agree that flukes count and count them in their breaks :-)

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:
Raphael98 wrote:5?

yes. :-D

But didn't play again till I was 13 or so.

Goodness. Whatever happened in your initial foray into the game to incur a 12-year ban? :chin:

Taking this into account, and remembering your post about how you threw a pool match, I'm beginning to think you're a bit of a wrong 'un! :shock:

Postby Ck147

Wattana?

Postby HappyCamper

what is next line in the sequence?

michael white;
n/a;
mark king;
michael white, michael georgiou;
jimmy robertson, matthew selt;

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:what is next line in the sequence?

michael white;
n/a;
mark king;
michael white, michael georgiou;
jimmy robertson, matthew selt;

Anthony Hamilton?

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:neither correct, but i like your thinking.

Yeh, I thought it was something to do with maiden ranking titles, but couldn’t work out why Michael White appeared twice.

Awaiting the answer with interest :chin:

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:Michael White?

Good effort. Hope it is right.

Like ‘Only Connect’, this :chin:

Postby HappyCamper

Empire State Human wrote:Michael Holt?

Ranking winners who failed to reach the crucible in the same year?

Yahztee!

Reigning Shootout champion Holt failed to make the World Championships this year.

The others were:
Robertson - European Masters
Selt - Indian Open
White - Indian Open and Paul Hunter Classic
Mark King - Northern Ireland Open
Michael Georgiou - Shootout