Post a reply

Re: The Greatest Hits Quiz!

Postby HappyCamper

McManusFan wrote:Is 10 just "Big in Japan"?

it is. a short lived liverpudlian punk band whose members would go on to have success with the the likes of the klf, frankie goes to hollywood, & the lightning seeds amongst others.

Postby McManusFan

HappyCamper wrote:

it is. a short lived liverpudlian punk band whose members would go on to have success with the the likes of the klf, frankie goes to hollywood, & the lightning seeds amongst others.

Ah, I knew of the song Big in Japan, but not the band.

Postby SnookerEd25

McManusFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Ah, I knew of the song Big in Japan, but not the band.

The song was by Alphaville.

Do I get a point? :chin:

Postby HappyCamper

McManusFan wrote:3) House in Japan
4) Breakfast in Japan

these are both so painfully close.

Postby HappyCamper

McManusFan wrote:3) Japanese house
4) Japanese breakfast

both correct.

the japanese house is the stage name of amber mary bain, an ivor novello award nominated indie songwriter from buckinghamshire.

japanese breakfast are a dream pop band from philadelphia, pa. founded by michelle zauner.

Postby SnookerEd25

Say, anybody know how the scoreboard is looking? :chin:

Postby Prop

SnookerEd25 wrote:Say, anybody know how the scoreboard is looking? :chin:

Terribly - it has no eyes :sad:

Postby HappyCamper

maybe you should spend less time thinking about the scoreboard and more time answering the questions!

Postby Juddernaut88

Most of us don't know the answers. It also helps to know who has answered the most without having to keep scrolling back. If McManusfan has answered 6 correct answers that means he can't be caught and wins the round. I will have a look soon and do the job Happycamper should have done himself in the past 6 weeks!

Postby Juddernaut88

01) Adolescent Sex- Japan (McManusfan)
02) First Of All- Japanther (Judders)
03) Touching Yourself- Japanese house (McManusfan)
04) Be Sweet- Japanese breakfast (McManusfan)
05) Bee Cage
06) Trad Velecido
07) The House That Heaven Built- Japandroid (McManusfan)
08) Summer Sun Skateboard
09) Endless Rain- X-Japan (McManusfan)
10) Suicide A Go Go- Big In Japan (McManusfan)
Last edited by Juddernaut88 on 06 Jul 2024, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerEd25

I was never troubling the scorers on this one so, selfishly, wasn’t really bothered about a table :chuckle:

But thanks, Judders <ok>

Postby mantorok

Ladies and Gentlemen,

If I could have your attention for just a moment, I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to someone who has truly made our quiz run smoothly and successfully. We all know that a well-organized scoreboard is crucial to keeping the excitement and competitive spirit alive throughout the event. Today, that important task was in the very capable hands of our good friend, Judders.

Judders, your dedication and attention to detail have not gone unnoticed. Updating the scoreboard might seem like a small task to some, but we know it's a job that requires accuracy, patience, and a great sense of timing. Thanks to you, everyone here has been able to enjoy the thrill of the competition without any hitches.

Your efforts have ensured that each team's progress was tracked accurately and fairly, adding to the overall enjoyment and integrity of the quiz. It's people like you, who work diligently behind the scenes, that make these events so much fun and so memorable for all of us.

So, on behalf of all the participants and organizers, I want to say a massive thank you, Judders. We appreciate all that you do, and we're grateful for the energy and enthusiasm you bring to our quizzes.

Let's give Judders a big round of applause!

Thank you.

Postby LDS

01) Adolescent Sex- Japan (McManusfan)
02) First Of All- Japanther (Judders)
03) Touching Yourself- Japanese house (McManusfan)
04) Be Sweet- Japanese breakfast (McManusfan)
05) Bee Cage - Notable for having 3 eyeballs
06) Trad Velecido - famously once ate a labrador while juggling peanuts.
07) The House That Heaven Built- Japandroid (McManusfan)
08) Summer Sun Skateboard - Had 3 successive no.1 hits on Iceland's independent triangle players chart.
09) Endless Rain- X-Japan (McManusfan)
10) Suicide A Go Go - 2 band members died in an aeroplane crash, after recruiting 2 more, 2 proceeded to die in a hovercraft collision incident.

Postby SnookerEd25

Is no.10 the Fraudulent Life Insurance Claimers? :chin:

Postby HappyCamper