Topic locked

Xiao Guodong -China Champion !!

Postby Wildey

http://www.110sport.tv/News/547-DELIGHT ... TITLE.aspx

110sport’s Xiao Guodong was crowned Chinese champion after defeating Yu Delu 5-4 in the final of the Chinese National Championship.

The tournament featured players such as Ding Junhui and Liang Wenbo but in the end it was Guodong who showed his class to triumph.

The 21-year-old trailed his opponent in the final 4-2, however he produced an excellent comeback to take the final three frames and clinch his first ever national title.

“When I was 4-2 down, I still had the belief that I could use my experience to win the match – I always have hope,” beamed Guodong after sealing victory.

“I am so happy to have won the national championship for the first time. I have been in the before and I think my experience helped me greatly.

“I prepare for every tournament very well. I just focus on every shot and take the match one frame at a time. When I played in the final before I often got carried away thinking about winning the title. This time I just concentrated on my game and that helped my dream come true.”

Re: Xiao Guodong -China Champion !!

Postby Bourne

“When I was 4-2 down, I still had the belief that I could use my experience to win the match – I always have hope,”

Good to know there are players out there with cojones and belief, good on him <ok>