Topic locked

*Championship League Winners Group 2010*

Postby Bourne

Wednesday 24th March and Thursday 25th March

Winners Group Table (W/L):

1st Stephen Maguire (5/1)
2nd Mark Allen (4/2)
3rd Neil Robertson (4/2)
4th Marco Fu (3/3)
5th Judd Trump (2/4)
6th John Higgins (2/4)
7th Jamie Cope (1/5)


Semi-Finals:

Stephen Maguire 0-3 Marco Fu
Mark Allen 3-2 Neil Robertson

FINAL:

MARCO FU 3-2 MARK ALLEN

FIXTURES:

DAY ONE - WEDNESDAY, MARCH 24
TABLE 1 (all times are approximate)
11am: Stephen Maguire 2-3 John Higgins
12.15pm: Neil Robertson 2-3 Mark Allen
Not before 2pm: John Higgins 2-3 Judd Trump
3.15pm: Mark Allen 3-2 Jamie Cope
Not before 6pm: John Higgins 1-3 Marco Fu
7.15pm: Judd Trump 3-0 Jamie Cope

TABLE 2 (all times are approximate)
11am: Judd Trump 2-3 Marco Fu
12.15pm: Jamie Cope 1-3 Stephen Maguire
Not before 2pm: Marco Fu 0-3 Neil Robertson
3.15pm: Stephen Maguire 3-0 Judd Trump
Not before 6pm: Neil Robertson 3-2 Jamie Cope
7.15pm: Mark Allen 3-0 Marco Fu

DAY TWO - THURSDAY, MARCH 25
TABLE 1 (all times are approximate)
11am: Stephen Maguire 3-2 Mark Allen
12.15pm: Marco Fu 3-0 Jamie Cope
Not before 2pm: John Higgins 0-3 Jamie Cope
3.15pm: Judd Trump 2-3 Neil Robertson
Not before 6.30pm: Play-off - Stephen Maguire 0-3 Marco Fu
7.45pm: Final - MARCO FU 3-2 MARK ALLEN

TABLE 2 (all times are approximate)
11am: John Higgins 1-3 Neil Robertson
12.15pm: Judd Trump 0-3 Mark Allen
Not before 2pm: Stephen Maguire 3-2 Neil Robertson
3.15pm: John Higgins 3-2 Mark Allen
4.30pm: Stephen Maguire 3-0 Marco Fu
Not before 6.30pm: Play-off - Mark Allen 3-2 Neil Robertson

Marco Fu has qualified for the Premier League.
Last edited by Bourne on 25 Mar 2010, edited 26 times in total.

Re: *Championship League WINNERS GROUP 2010*

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:I would like Trump or Robbo to win, Robbo probably has more chance of a WC to the event so i'll shade towards Trump.


Allen or Trump <cool>

Re: *Championship League WINNERS GROUP 2010*

Postby Alex0paul

case_master wc wrote:
Bourne wrote:I would like Trump or Robbo to win, Robbo probably has more chance of a WC to the event so i'll shade towards Trump.


Allen or Trump <cool>


Agreed.

Cope wouldn't be able to handle the League.

Re: *Championship League WINNERS GROUP 2010*

Postby Wildey

TABLE 1 (all times are approximate)
11am: Stephen Maguire v John Higgins

im guessing but being first match on thats not approximate ;)

Re: *Championship League WINNERS GROUP 2010*

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:TABLE 1 (all times are approximate)
11am: Stephen Maguire v John Higgins

im guessing but being first match on thats not approximate ;)

I'm willing to bet with you my life that they don't start at exactly 11:00:00GMT ...

Re: *Championship League WINNERS GROUP 2010*

Postby Wildey

case_master wc wrote:
Bourne wrote:I would like Trump or Robbo to win, Robbo probably has more chance of a WC to the event so i'll shade towards Trump.


Allen or Trump <cool>


this is trumps WC Last chance of the season to shine the others has some other appointment in april ;)

Re: *Championship League WINNERS GROUP 2010*

Postby Rocket_ron

The Cueist wrote::chin:Trump is a chump,No personality either,Liang Wenbo on the other hand has a good chance and so does Ding. Who i will be going to see on 20th april morning session. :ahh:

I like wenbo alot and i hoe he is a future world champion

Re: *Championship League WINNERS GROUP 2010*

Postby Rocket_ron

The Cueist wrote:r-ron i can tell you know your snooker mate when you say Wenbo is a future world champ, <ok>

I think he will be a multiple winner as he is fearless and getting better and better. :D

when he gets motoring he is a joy to watch, he will overtake ding as asia number one and he will beat ding to the world crown. i hope he gets inside top 16.
I watched him play the other week at qualifiers in sheffield and he is formidable.

Re: *Championship League WINNERS GROUP 2010*

Postby Casey

rocket_ron wrote:
The Cueist wrote:r-ron i can tell you know your snooker mate when you say Wenbo is a future world champ, <ok>

I think he will be a multiple winner as he is fearless and getting better and better. :D

when he gets motoring he is a joy to watch, he will overtake ding as asia number one and he will beat ding to the world crown. i hope he gets inside top 16.
I watched him play the other week at qualifiers in sheffield and he is formidable.


:wave: He will never overtake Ding. No all round game and a poor record against the real top 4, he has potential but an awful long way to go

Re: *Championship League WINNERS GROUP 2010*

Postby The Cueist

r-ron,I think Wenbo will give Ronnie a run for his money as he played a final with him last year,It is of course a big ask for him to nobble Ronnie in round 1.

It all depends which Ronnie turns up in Sheffeild. ;)

Re: *Championship League WINNERS GROUP 2010*

Postby Rocket_ron

The Cueist wrote:
It all depends which Ronnie turns up in Sheffeild. ;)

Dont let wild see you say thay, buck me he will go berserk

however, i agree if the right ronnie turns up he should sort out the men from the boys

Re: *Championship League WINNERS GROUP 2010*

Postby The Cueist

<laugh> See what you mean but wild knows me like a bad penny and he knows i speak my mind.

I am a Ronnie fan at heart,He just annoys me with the marmite he talks when he loses,Needs to learn to take it like a man. <ok>

Re: *Championship League WINNERS GROUP 2010*

Postby Rocket_ron

The Cueist wrote:<laugh> See what you mean but wild knows me like a bad penny and he knows i speak my mind.

I am a Ronnie fan at heart,He just annoys me with the marmite he talks when he loses,Needs to learn to take it like a man. <ok>

aye, when he loses its like a broken record i just mute to tv <laugh>
glad we agree on so much <ok>

Re: *Championship League WINNERS GROUP 2010*

Postby The Cueist

rocket_ron wrote:
The Cueist wrote:<ok> It is nice r-ron and i only agree with people who talk sense lad. <ok>

thanks, welcome to the forum i can see me and you will get along well :excited:


Absoluteley mate,So can i as you are a sensible poster with a sense of humour coupled with good snooker knowledge. <cool>

Btw how old are you,I am 39 with a mental age of 21. <laugh>

The older i get the worse i get,I am a deliberate wind up at times ,But only in jest,I love snooker ,Woman,Beer and Ganja.

Followed by cars and music of all knds from rock n roll to drum and bass and rave. <cool>
What are your interests r-ron.

Re: *Championship League WINNERS GROUP 2010*

Postby Rocket_ron

The Cueist wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
The Cueist wrote:<ok> It is nice r-ron and i only agree with people who talk sense lad. <ok>

thanks, welcome to the forum i can see me and you will get along well :excited:


Absoluteley mate,So can i as you are a sensible poster with a sense of humour coupled with good snooker knowledge. <cool>

Btw how old are you,I am 39 with a mental age of 21. <laugh>

The older i get the worse i get,I am a deliberate wind up at times ,But only in jest,I love snooker ,Woman,Beer and Ganja.

Followed by cars and music of all knds from rock n roll to drum and bass and rave. <cool>
What are your interests r-ron.

im 25 and married, comming up 5 years in may.
I dont have many hobbys tbh, snooker playing & watching, watching & playing tennis and just watching darts and golf.
as regards music i love all sorts except hiphop and heavymetal. but indie and r&b and pop is fine (basically chart music)

Re: *Championship League WINNERS GROUP 2010*

Postby The Cueist

Good lad r-ron,I was married for 20 years and we split in november 09,There is no bitterness and we have four children whom we both idolise and our very proud of. :ahh:

I have a son of 18 who is at college on a city and guilds plumbing course and 3 beatiful daughters who i dote on,The oldest is taking her exams and she wants to be a beautician,She is intelligent and liveley and very pretty.

Our next youngest is a top of the class pupil and says she wants to be a teacher.

Our youngest wants to be a ballerina and loves all kinds of dancing.

It is great when you start a family r-ron and to watch them grow through the years,I help my kids all i can,Not just money but encouragement and my time i have for them.


It is fair to say i am a very proud father. <ok>

Re: *Championship League WINNERS GROUP 2010*

Postby Rocket_ron

The Cueist wrote:Good lad r-ron,I was married for 20 years and we split in november 09,There is no bitterness and we have four children whom we both idolise and our very proud of. :ahh:

I have a son of 18 who is at college on a city and guilds plumbing course and 3 beatiful daughters who i dote on,The oldest is taking her exams and she wants to be a beautician,She is intelligent and liveley and very pretty.

Our next youngest is a top of the class pupil and says she wants to be a teacher.

Our youngest wants to be a ballerina and loves all kinds of dancing.

It is great when you start a family r-ron and to watch them grow through the years,I help my kids all i can,Not just money but encouragement and my time i have for them.


It is fair to say i am a very proud father. <ok>

im very impressed, sorry to hear about spliting up but if no bitterness then thats ok in a way.
plumbing corse, real happy for him to get a good trade behind him, i know of a few plumbers never out of work and got plenty of money.
if i did it again i would have been a plumber or electrician instead i chose joinery which is a good trade but when them machine get your fingers theres no remorse as i can prove that with the tip of my wedding finger.
also your daughter as a teacher thats a fine job to have, what sort of teaching does she want to do?
its nice that you support your family the best you can. <ok>

Re: *Championship League WINNERS GROUP 2010*

Postby The Cueist

Thanks r-ron, :) She wants to be an English teacher . :D

Sorry to hear about your fingertip mate,I know a few mechanics who have done the same.

I have set and run massive 400 ton platen presses that cut out profiles in plastic and cardboard sheets,Some people have been decapitated by these machines.

I can turn mill and drill and have been a jig maker,I know what machines can do.

I am just about okay at carpentry,But i am heavy handed when it comes to working with wood which requires a deft touch to attain accuracy and a neat touch,Well done mate a good trade to be in,If i ever need some doors hanging :D

Electric planes are dangerous but routers are lethal and i cant use one to save my life they scare the marmite out of me,One slip and its gone if you know what i mean.

Anyway mate it is time for me to hit the sack,Nice taking to you and speak tomorrow. <ok>

Goodnight fella. :zzz:

Re: *Championship League WINNERS GROUP 2010*

Postby Rocket_ron

The Cueist wrote:Electric planes are dangerous but routers are lethal and i cant use one to save my life they scare the marmite out of me,One slip and its gone if you know what i mean.

well it was a spindle moulder i had my accident on, a spindle moulder is like a router upside down and lots bigger
Image