Topic locked

My 6Reds Diary

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Good day everyone.

Matt, from the prosnookerblog.com website asked me to put together a 6Red Diary.

Have a read below & I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I did playing.

http://prosnookerblog.com/2010/01/01/jo ... mment-4672

Its only part one, with part 2 being published tomorrow (Sunday 3rd Jan).

Here is part 2. Hope you enjoy it too.

http://prosnookerblog.com/2010/01/02/jo ... -part-two/

I hope your all well.

John
Last edited by JohnFromLondonTown on 02 Jan 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Re: My 6Reds Diary

Postby Roland

Entertaining read. Did Higgins really pick you out from the crowd to ask you to buy him a drink? Not saying I don't believe you, but it's strange behaviour don't you think? Unless he spotted you were looking at him in a way only people who remember his glory days look at him, and his brain twigged there was a free drink to be had by such people!

Anyway, good stuff.

Postby Casey

Very Interesting read indeed, you obviously enjoyed yourself which is what its all about. As for Alex, typical hustler behaviour, no doubt he probably knew the bar wouldn't give him a tab. God loves a tryer and we all love Alex. :bowdown:

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

I think your being a 'tad' unfair on the Alex fella lads. When he left the table, walked into the crowd, some people were getting out of his way because the man has previous for getting people ejected who he thought were putting him off. The only reason I didn't want him coming near me was because if he had of told me where to go, there was a good chance he would have felt my dissapointment. Not in a physical way. I was standing at the back, leaning up against the wall when he came over to me. Maybe he came over to me because I was the only Snooker player there, as in dressed, ready for action. I don't know why he came over to me, but he did. For the next few days while I was there, everytime we passed he made a point of stopping for a chat.

Anyway, Matt has just posted part 2 on his blog, which I'll put into the OP.

Some Darts eh?

Postby Roland

Fantastic darts match yes. I've got the next one paused on Sky+ while I'm here so I can fast forward through the adverts :ahh:

Alex has always fascinated me. I got his autograph when I was about 8 and he was so nice to me and I saw him play a few times in the 80's and to me he was doing nothing wrong. It was only years later and reading books and watching documentaries with him in that I realised what was really going and what he's really like. It's not surprising a lot of people step aside if he walks towards them. I wouldn't, I'd buy him a few drinks and when his lip starts to snarl I'd know it was time to make my excuses and leave <laugh>

I'll read part two later on. Looking forward to reading your perception of Mark Williams

Postby Casey

John, I wasn’t criticising Alex, I have no doubt he still has a presence about him. Sure many people are afraid of his actions, others admire and I am certainly an admirer of his.
His life has been consumed by a horrible addiction, his body diminished by cancer, BUT…..he has lived such an interesting life, a life full of triumph as well as adversity. He makes no apologies for the way he is and I certainly respect him for that.
I am sure it was nice to get to stop and chat to him, a more interesting character would be hard to find.