Topic locked

Re: 6 Reds World Championships

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Bourne wrote:Mark Joyce with a sub 5 minute maximum, I told you this guy is special <cool>

I had a beer with him Bourne & watched one of his matches, solid player, He's good mates with Nigel Bond.

Postby Wildey

just to clear up one thing they refered to you as John mcbride from ireland ....

i know you live there but i thought you english ??

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:just to clear up one thing they refered to you as John mcbride from ireland ....

i know you live there but i thought you english ??

Doherty defeated fellow IRISHMAN 4-1 John McBride in the first of his five group matches at the INEC arena.

:chin: <laugh>

They put me down as Irish but I hope you can tell from my username where I'm from. :)

Hopefully the above will copy over as these are photos taken of me when I was playing Ken.

I don't know how to do it. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Did you watch any of it yesterday. Did you see the announcer forgot Andrew Paggett's name? <laugh>

And the commentator said Reane Evens was going out with Mark Allen, then corrected himself. Then later said; "Oh, we've just heard they've split up. Sorry about that."

<doh>

yes i watched a few frames but its Christmas time lots to do so didnt see them all. who was the comentator that forgot Allen split up with reane....

i herd Dave Hendon and Mike Hallett .....jesus christ if Hendon got that wrong he will get stick on his blog <laugh>

Postby Wildey

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:They put me down as Irish but I hope you can tell from my username where I'm from. :)

Hopefully the above will copy over as these are photos taken of me when I was playing Ken.

I don't know how to do it. <laugh>

if you want advice on how to do something pm me <ok>

btw did you see Stephen Hendry ? was he nice or is my dreams going to get smashed <laugh>

wildJONESEYE wrote:btw did you see Stephen Hendry ? was he nice or is my dreams going to get smashed <laugh>

Stephen Hendry is a quiet enough chap, but he's all right. I was standing beside him watching him playing poker one of the nights I was on the beer. Nothing wrong with him wild. <ok>

I just pm'd you by the way. :)

Postby Wildey

sorry had some things to do like eat lol but i pmd you back

im glad to hear Stephen is a descent chap ....hes always pretty much kept himself to himself throughout his career

I'm not too sure if this will work but I'll give it a go. Its some pictures taken of me playing Ken.

Can some let me know if they can see them please?

Postby Wildey

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:I'm not too sure if this will work but I'll give it a go. Its some pictures taken of me playing Ken.

cant see it

but being the kind hearted friend of the stars i am heres one i did for you.

wildJONESEYE wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:I'm not too sure if this will work but I'll give it a go. Its some pictures taken of me playing Ken.

cant see it

but being the kind hearted friend of the stars i am heres one i did for you.

That's nice of you to do wild, Thanks. I know that you know that its not my area of expertise. <laugh>

How do you do it? Sorry for asking. :?

Postby Bourne

Looks like Williams 5-0 ...

Hawkins takes the 5th frame on the black, still needs the next 4 ...

Postby Wildey

Mark Davis first 6 Red World Champion just like Joe Davis first 15 Red World Champion.

that name is legendary with snooker.

wildJONESEYE wrote:Mark Davis first 6 Red World Champion just like Joe Davis first 15 Red World Champion.

that name is legendary with snooker.

Good point wild, never thought of that.

Postby Wildey

JOHN

has playing again and rubbing shoulders with top players again dont forget you played Doherty and Williams they are top notch.

has it fired a desire to play again and try your hand at the PIOS...i know it gave you a buzz mate.

wildJONESEYE wrote:JOHN

has playing again and rubbing shoulders with top players again dont forget you played Doherty and Williams they are top notch.

has it fired a desire to play again and try your hand at the PIOS...i know it gave you a buzz mate.

Of course its lovely to be looking down a cue again but I'm married now & a Dad & I wouldn't swap that for the world. Plus I'm not good enough anyway. <laugh>

I'll continue to play amateur, get involved in the odd Pro-Am again here & there, but that'll be about it.

Postby Bourne

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:JOHN

Of course its lovely to be looking down a cue again but I'm married now & a Dad & I wouldn't swap that for the world. Plus I'm not good enough anyway. <laugh>

I'll continue to play amateur, get involved in the odd Pro-Am again here & there, but that'll be about it.

You only live once, give it one more go ;)

Postby Wildey

yes its a hard life with family at your age to start again as it is.

Postby Roland

Nice photos. Shame you don't fit into the old waistcoat like you used to ;)

Seriously, the bottom right one of you and Ken looks very cool <ok>

Postby That Cue Arm!

Sonny wrote:Nice photos. Shame you don't fit into the old waistcoat like you used to ;)

Seriously, the bottom right one of you and Ken looks very cool <ok>

True that's one for the album <ok>

Congrats on the tourny you had.. from what i've read sounds like it was a blast <laugh>

all the best in future tournys <cool>

Postby SnookerFan

rebecca wrote:Did any of you's watch the final?

Please say ye didnt.

:ashamed: rofl

Had I not already had plans, I might've done. I guess I could've asked them to put it on in the pub.

Sonny wrote:Nice photos. Shame you don't fit into the old waistcoat like you used to ;)

Yeah, your bang on the money there. <laugh>
One of the first things I noticed when I started back playing, was how I needed to use the rest a lot more due to the Ilbs being put on. Feck it, it happens. :shy:

Postby Wildey

jesus if you having to use the rest a lot before long stephen lee will be breaking off with a rest <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

rebecca wrote:Did any of you's watch the final?

Please say ye didnt.

:ashamed: rofl

People on a snooker forum, having watched a snooker match. Imagine that. <doh>