Topic locked

Re: 2010 Wuxi Classic

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:So how many ranking points does Ding get for winning this ?

sod all lol

meantime Murphy making a fist of this winning 3 frames on the spin and he is at the table in frame 14 on a break of 16.

Postby Alex0paul

Is this on TV or an internet stream anywhere?

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:Is this on TV or an internet stream anywhere?

cant find it anywhere

ive tryed TVU Player yesterday nothing to be seen :-(

Postby Wildey

Ding is making heavy weather of this match i think hes been in 3 times and hes only on 5 points.

now he is in for another chance on a break of 8 could this be it ?

no its not it and murphy at the table.....this is not a definition of one chance snooker Ding will struggle to win and if Murphy wins this frame i cant see Ding winning.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:So how many ranking points does Ding get for winning this ?

sod all lol

meantime Murphy making a fist of this winning 3 frames on the spin and he is at the table in frame 14 on a break of 16.

What a waste of time then ! Come on Shaun <ok>

Postby Wildey

Losing from 8-2 up on home soil would not be what the doctor ordered for Ding these are the tournaments he should put away and build up his portfolio of titles just like Davis and Hendry did.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:8-3 and I'm off out. Congratulations to Ding, can't see him losing from here. If Murphy gets a second wind and gets to something like 8-6 he'll start to go for impossible pots and let Ding in again. Murphy is in first in the next but surely it's too late now.

8-8 with murphy at the table on a break of 6 <ok>

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:Losing from 8-2 up on home soil would not be what the doctor ordered for Ding these are the tournaments he should put away and build up his portfolio of titles just like Davis and Hendry did.

Knockabout exho.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Losing from 8-2 up on home soil would not be what the doctor ordered for Ding these are the tournaments he should put away and build up his portfolio of titles just like Davis and Hendry did.

Knockabout exho.

that = 30% of tournaments Steve Davis has won

players if they think that will be heading down the Higgins road in to investigations they are there to be won if you want to be considered a great you bucking win them <ok>

Postby Wildey

Shaun Murphy after a great comeback embarrasses Ding Junhui in front of his own people Murphy wins 9-8.

Postby Bourne

Well done on winning your biggest title in a couple of years Shaun <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Well done on winning your biggest title in a couple of years Shaun <ok>

well who knows ding might have lost out on his only tournament this season. you cant look a gift horse in the mouth and hand it back the snooker gods will kick you in the balls lol

Postby Wildey

lets get one thing straight to be fair we dont know how many clear cut chances ding had to wrap it up because from what i can gather there was no coverage nowhere.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:Well done on winning your biggest title in a couple of years Shaun <ok>

well who knows ding might have lost out on his only tournament this season. you cant look a gift horse in the mouth and hand it back the snooker gods will kick you in the balls lol

He lost 0-6 to Allen in front of his home fans last year, didn't do him much harm <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

He lost 0-6 to Allen in front of his home fans last year, didn't do him much harm <laugh>

losing 6-0 is easier to take than losing from 8-2 down.....

so the snooker gods wouldn't have felt like he needed punishing last season lol

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

losing 6-0 is easier to take than losing from 8-2 down.....

so the snooker gods wouldn't have felt like he needed punishing last season lol

He won 8 frames in this, none in the last one. You do the maths bro <ok>

Postby Wildey

he was never in last seasons final was he lol he was 1 frame away this time id take 18-0 over 18-17 any day in a world final.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:he was never in last seasons final was he lol he was 1 frame away this time id take 18-0 over 18-17 any day in a world final.

You're a funny guy wild, great value :D

Postby Wildey

its not a joke im serious i can take a hammering better than a close match as a fan and definitely better if i was a player.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:its not a joke im serious i can take a hammering better than a close match as a fan and definitely better if i was a player.

This isn't a world final remember rofl

Postby Alex0paul

Pathetic from Ding

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:its not a joke im serious i can take a hammering better than a close match as a fan and definitely better if i was a player.

doesent matter.

lets cancel all the PTC lets cancel the welsh open lets cancel the world open lets limit the tour to about 3 tournaments and sod them <ok>

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:

doesent matter.

lets cancel all the PTC lets cancel the welsh open lets cancel the world open lets limit the tour to about 3 tournaments and sod them <ok>

Wouldn't go that far but the fact you're comparing this to a world final is what makes me laugh !

Postby Wildey

are they professional or not ?

if they want to be treated as pros if they want to make a living out of snooker and be classed as pros they better compare it to a world final.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:are they professional or not ?

if they want to be treated as pros if they want to make a living out of snooker and be classed as pros they better compare it to a world final.

You are sweet :redneck:

Postby SnookerFan

I can kind of take wild's point. Though some tournaments are clearly more prestigious then others, it doesn't mean you snake hiss about and don't try in the others. The reason Hendry won so many tournaments in his prime was because he hated losing, whether it's in the final of the worlds, or whether it's playing in practice against his gran. If anything, he comes across as not wanting to lose at snooker more then he wanted to win at times...

Nobody is saying the Wuxi classic, that they invented a couple of years ago, carries no ranking points and only has like 6 full time professionals in is as presitigious as the World Championships, but if you're going to enter the tournament why enter it then turn up and not try. We're all complaining there aren't enough snooker events on. Obviously some tournaments are seen as more prestigious, and you can understand them giving a little bit extra. But if I had paid to watch a player, and they turned up with the attitude; "Sod this tournament, it's nothing", I wouldn't be happy at wasting my money. Nor would I respect that player as much.... Top players should take each tournament they enter seriously, or not enter it at all.

Postby Wildey

winning becomes a habit the confidence players gets from steamrolling players in invitational carries you through to ranking tournaments and the confidence you get from ranking tournaments gives you confidence in the big uns.

the reason hendry became successful the same with Davis losing just did not sit comfortably no matter who they played and where.

they were brought up on invitational tournaments Steve is the record holder of Tournament wins because of these types of tournament but thats never mentioned and in years to come it will not be mentioned.

Ding has Reached 10 Finals in his career 3 of them is in this tournament but when the tally is counted up in 20 or 25 years nobody will give a toss when they compare ding as one of the greatest players of all time.

young players has to rack these events up to be compared to Davis and Hendry.

Postby paperbackwriter

I agree that professional players should give their best in every tournament they decide to enter for all the reasons mentioned- to build their self-confidence, to show their respect for people who paid to watch them and because it should be natural for them to just want to be the best and win.
But here the defeat seems to be even more significant because Ding was leading 8-2 and at this point he should feel the need to finish it and stress his superiority in this match even if he didn't care so much (especially minding the place).

Though of course I didn't watch the match and I understand that it's hard to stay 100% concentrated all the time. I imagine that Ding might have let the win slip totally accidentally, because of few moments of deconcentration (and then it became too late and he started to be nervous or something)- not because there's anything wrong with his committment.