Topic locked

Re: Championship League Winners Group!!!!

Postby Wildey

won 7 out of 8 matches in this group his only defeat was against Mark Selby who finished bottom of the group

Postby Tubberlad

Casey wrote:Wow, really well done Stevens. When was the last time he was in the league?

Not sure if he's ever been in it, but he should have been in 2005... he was definitely one of the best players in the world at the time, O'Sullivan was first, but Williams, Hendry & Higgins were doing nothing extraordinary.

Postby kostasmad

Something is wrong....Stevens last win was in 2006 in th N.Ireland trophy (invitationasl then to top -16) and not the pot black of 2005

Postby SnookerFan

kostasmad wrote:Not only that...he has won 13 for the3 last 14 games in cl...It doesnt get any better than that...

PL, back to top-16 and most important back on form....Couldnt believe i would say that again, but he is back.... :D

It doesn't get any better then winning 13 games out of 14, you say? :chin:

Postby Wildey

kostasmad wrote:Something is wrong....Stevens last win was in 2006 in th N.Ireland trophy (invitationasl then to top -16) and not the pot black of 2005

that was in 2005

Postby Tubberlad

kostasmad wrote:Something is wrong....Stevens last win was in 2006 in th N.Ireland trophy (invitationasl then to top -16) and not the pot black of 2005

I was present when he won the NIT, definitely in 2005, the Potblack came after that

Postby GJ

i always said it wasnt important for the world champion as he is naturally confident stevens isnt

<ok> :wave:

Postby GJ

gallant

I thing a few things the death of his dad and best mate hit him hard and he wasnt puting in the practice for a few years

since barry has taken over and the new events have changed stevens

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:I'm actually pleased for him. Snooker needs players like Stevens to keep puching the top few. It was always a mystery why he disappeared.

Not a mystery. He kept losing. <laugh>

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:I'm actually pleased for him. Snooker needs players like Stevens to keep puching the top few. It was always a mystery why he disappeared.

Not a mystery. He kept losing. <laugh>

stevens hata :wild2:

Postby randam05

Why does snooker need a player like stevens?????????????????????????????????? I DONT UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!

Hes nothing special? Its the same as watching carter for me <ok>

Postby GJ

stevens has a far better playing style than carter and the boring dullard hamilton

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:Why does snooker need a player like stevens?????????????????????????????????? I DONT UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!

Matthew Stevens hatah! :zzz:

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:
randam05 wrote:Why does snooker need a player like stevens?????????????????????????????????? I DONT UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!

I dont HATE him, I just dont see the huge fascination? I would like to know why everyone BUMS him? Reasons please :)

Postby GJ

quality break bulder and makes it look effortless at his best form which is returning

Postby randam05

GJ wrote:quality break bulder and makes it look effortless at his best form which is returning

Not as good a breakbuilding as hendry ronnie and doesnt make it look as effortless as williams, ronnie, ding and a few others so why big him up for than them?

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I dont HATE him, I just dont see the huge fascination? I would like to know why everyone BUMS him? Reasons please :)

It's just that he used to be good. He won a UK Title, and a Master title, and appeared in to Crucible finals. He's done bugger all in the past few years, though. But when he does qualify for a tournament, he provides an interesting first round match. Like when I saw John Higgins at The Crucible, I was even more excited when I saw he was playing Matthew Stevens. As the qualifier could've been some Nobby the idiot.

Don't get me wrong, though. If he's in the top-16, I don't see him doing anything spectacular. It's just nice to see somebody who used to be quite good go the right direction up the rankings. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Randam

thats just the key different people enjoy watching different style of player.

thats why in snooker you got different styles,speed of play,grinders and flair playing together side by side on a level playing field when you at the table you own it and nobody can dictate how you play or how fast.......thats why im against shot clocks its dictatorship.

Postby Roland

Only just seen this result. Congrats to Stevens. Just goes to show how practice and that win against against Fergal has brought him back from the dead in snooker terms.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Only just seen this result. Congrats to Stevens. Just goes to show how practice and that win against against Fergal has brought him back from the dead in snooker terms.

Fergal hatah! :wild2: