Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Group Stage Best of 3

<doh>

:emu:

just 2 more frames it could be a ranking event :fart:

This is already Hearn's outline for the 2012 Crucible final. <laugh>

Re: Chinalife Xingpai Hainan Classic

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote: <laugh> someone else is as excited as me! good :) as not many others willwatch it cause they arent full snooker fans, we can chat about it all day long yh snooker fan :D although ill be at college first few days so will record. But at the weekend we can watch and boast to everyone about how good it is <ok>

How can they not be excited about a NEW TELEVISED SNOOKER tournament. With top players in it! <doh>

Yeah, I'm going to see if I can get some recording action going. <laugh> We'll see what happens. I'll be up at 6am at the weekends watching it. It'll just be me and you on here chatting about it. I'll be running between the lounge and the computer in my bedroom every time anything happens. <laugh>

:ba:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote::emu:

I know. I know. Expressing an interest of snooker on this forum isn't exactly the done thing. Don't worry, there's a TV and Film and Music board on here too. You know, in c ase you get bored discussing snooker. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Is this actually on Eurosport? I just checked the listings in the TV Guide, and on the Sky Listings, but it didn't say. I know Eurosport don't care about such things, but I wondered where we got the idea it was from. :huh:

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Is this actually on Eurosport? I just checked the listings in the TV Guide, and on the Sky Listings, but it didn't say. I know Eurosport don't care about such things, but I wondered where we got the idea it was from. :huh:

http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... ooker.html

It is on there I checked yesterday. On the thursday of next week around 11am till 3pm I think.

And im glad me and you will be talking about it SF! seems noone else is interested <doh>

And i know! its almost not a snooker forumn, the life threads and all that get more interest than a televised new tournament with quality players! whats the matter with these so called snooker 'fans'.

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Is this actually on Eurosport? I just checked the listings in the TV Guide, and on the Sky Listings, but it didn't say. I know Eurosport don't care about such things, but I wondered where we got the idea it was from. :huh:

http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... ooker.html

It is on there I checked yesterday. On the thursday of next week around 11am till 3pm I think.

And im glad me and you will be talking about it SF! seems noone else is interested <doh>

And i know! its almost not a snooker forumn, the life threads and all that get more interest than a televised new tournament with quality players! whats the matter with these so called snooker 'fans'.

****cough cough ****

Postby Tubberlad

I can't say I'm hugely interested Randam, I'm not even aware of who's in the field! Focus is on Cheltenham at the moment, but I'll keep an eye out. Once the horses are over with, that's when the World Championship REALLY starts to get me excited :)

Postby SnookerFan

Tubberlad wrote:I can't say I'm hugely interested Randam, I'm not even aware of who's in the field! Focus is on Cheltenham at the moment, but I'll keep an eye out. Once the horses are over with, that's when the World Championship REALLY starts to get me excited :)

I think the problem is the best of 3s. That isn't interesting. If it was an old fashioned best of nine, or longer, featuring top players, then I'd be more excited to watch it. Like I say I'll be up at 6am Saturday and Sunday.

But, I have cheapo Virgin TV, that doesn't come with that Sky Plus like ability to tape things. So I can't record it when I'm at work. Might see if anybody is interested in taping it for me and watching it with me, or I might just check out the results and watch the semis and final. And that one frame shoot out thing they seem to be doing, just to use up the time.

Postby SnookerFan

wheelsofsteel wrote:
wheelsofsteel wrote:200,000

Are they sure its pounds and not lira

it now appears to be only £100,000

in other words a paid holiday

Obviously lacking in prestige, and only a few group stage best of three matches mean little. But, last season we were complaining that the professionals had little opportunity to play. So can't complain too much.

If this was a ranking event, I'd be a little put out that it was such a short-arse format. But as a well paid series of exhibition matches, I have no problem with it. And it's televised. So we get to see it.

Don't really see what we are belly aching about. It's not a massive Power Snooker type change in the rules. Just a few frames of snooker getting on the telly, and the players a chance to play and earn money. What's wrong with that?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:I can't say I'm hugely interested Randam, I'm not even aware of who's in the field! Focus is on Cheltenham at the moment, but I'll keep an eye out. Once the horses are over with, that's when the World Championship REALLY starts to get me excited :)

I think the problem is the best of 3s. That isn't interesting. If it was an old fashioned best of nine, or longer, featuring top players, then I'd be more excited to watch it. Like I say I'll be up at 6am Saturday and Sunday.

But, I have cheapo Virgin TV, that doesn't come with that Sky Plus like ability to tape things. So I can't record it when I'm at work. Might see if anybody is interested in taping it for me and watching it with me, or I might just check out the results and watch the semis and final. And that one frame shoot out thing they seem to be doing, just to use up the time.

what does it matter if its best of 3 :|

its not a ranking tournament,its not a main tour WSA Event.

its a extra event promoted by 110sport that they going to televise <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:what does it matter if its best of 3 :|

It doesn't much, that's my point. Obviously, longer matches are more entertaining, but as you say it's not a ranking event. More an exhibition event, so it doesn't really matter that much. It doesn't have any radical rule changes, or anything. It's snooker, that we weren't expecting to be televised last week, so it's all good. :)

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:what does it matter if its best of 3 :|

It doesn't much, that's my point. Obviously, longer matches are more entertaining, but as you say it's not a ranking event. More an exhibition event, so it doesn't really matter that much. It doesn't have any radical rule changes, or anything. It's snooker, that we weren't expecting to be televised last week, so it's all good. :)

:D <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

I've decided this week, that Thursday and Friday I am going to do some getting up early to watch an hour and a half or so of snooker before I go to work. :D

Here's my plan. Lay my clothes, and deodrant out in my living room the night before. Maybe a box of cereal and stuff too, for my breakfast. I don't usually get up to 6:45am, so dressing and breakfast eating won't present a problem. I can get a good hour and a half, or hour and forty five minutes of snooker watching before work whilst dressing and eating. <ok>

Shaving and showering provides more of a problem. Sometimes, due to laziness I skip one of the other in the morning. (I know, my poor work colleagues.) What I might do, is shave and bathe the evening before. Then I can look a bit scruffy two days running, hopefully nobody will notice and I won't smell too bad. <laugh>

If I have my alarm go off at 5:50am, I could turn my computer on before matches start, and tear in whilst the Incredible India adverts are on, and give my verdict online.

Who's with me?

Postby Smart

Smart wrote:S/fan

If its any comfort to you, I shave the night before and I do this once every 2 nights - not every night. I also shower the night before, as I am up at 5.38am every morning and out the door by 6am. :wave: :idea:

I dont eat breakfast at home, but eat in work. :santa:

Postby SnookerFan

If its any comfort to you, I shave the night before and I do this once every 2 nights - not every night. I also shower the night before, as I am up at 5.38am every morning and out the door by 6am. :wave: :idea:

Yeah, but I am a hairy bastard. If you saw me naked, you'd think I was an extra from a werewolf movie.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:

Yeah, but I am a hairy bastard. If you saw me naked, you'd think I was an extra from a werewolf movie.

Q: can I take your word for that......................?

Postby SnookerFan

wheelsofsteel wrote:talking of hair, wasn't Ronnie supposed to be playing in this?

No, he never intended to go. Whether he was scheduled or not is a different matter. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Being that I'm not going to be able to watch the 11am sessions, unless I get it taped, then these are the matches I am interested in.

Thursday

6am

John Higgins v Peter Ebdon
Stephen Hendry v Li Yan
Allister Carter v Marco Fu
Graeme Dott v Ricky Walden
Neil Robertson v Mark Allen
Jamie Cope v Jin Long

Friday

6am

Ding Junhui v Yu Delu
Marco Fu v Tian Pengfei
Shaun Murphy v Allister Carter
Peter Ebdon v Li Yan
John Higgins v Stephen Hendry
Mark Allen v Jamie Cope

What matches do we think will make it onto television? Granted, under best of 3 conditions, we're not going to see totally gripping matches. But that aside, some matches there are of interest. Higgins vs Hendry, for one. Though you'd assume in China Ding vs Yu Delu will be televised. Will Tian Pengfei prove any good, or will his win over Ronnie last year be more because Ronnie was more off colour? Neil Robertson vs Mark Allen could be a good interesting.

What matches do people think will get on telly?