Topic locked

Re: Chinalife Xingpai Hainan Classic

Postby Monique

Morning guys!
Enjoyed it very much ... would have loved Ebbo to win it ;)
Sitting in my lounge in Athens with my Mac on my lap watching on streaming with british Eurosport comments. International life !

Postby randam05

Monique wrote:Morning guys!
Enjoyed it very much ... would have loved Ebbo to win it ;)
Sitting in my lounge in Athens with my Mac on my lap watching on streaming with british Eurosport comments. International life !

That sounds lovely monique! athens eh ;)

I was thinking id like ebbo or taylor to win!

Good stuff from dennis here really! im sat here with jade giggling as some of the pots hes pulling out. So funny dennis <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Athens is a dump, to be fair. Though I hear they've improved it a lot since they had the olympics.

Anyway, for some of us, work calls. :-( Looks like Ali has got that frame won anyway, so I am off. :wave: Same time tomorrow?

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:Athens is a dump, to be fair. Though I hear they've improved it a lot since they had the olympics.

Anyway, for some of us, work calls. :-( Looks like Ali has got that frame won anyway, so I am off. :wave: Same time tomorrow?

And he got it :-( good try from den there though!

Same time tomorrow SF :) have a nice day

Postby randam05

Monique wrote:Great to see Dennis enjoying it so much and geez did he make Ali work for this first frame!

He played some great shots! developing the red over the middle from the green, knocked in some long ones and obviously got the good snooker, but lost it :-(

Postby Monique

So it seems that Marco Fu and Mark Allen have pulled out. Marco replaced by Dennis and Mark by Cao Yupeng.
I find it "amusing" that someone felt the need to make a comment about ROS absence (while he was never supposed to play in it) but no one did say a word on those two withdrawals.

Postby Bourne

Monique wrote:So it seems that Marco Fu and Mark Allen have pulled out. Marco replaced by Dennis and Mark by Cao Yupeng.
I find it "amusing" that someone felt the need to make a comment about ROS absence (while he was never supposed to play in it) but no one did say a word on those two withdrawals.

Exho :wave:

Postby Monique

Bourne wrote:
Monique wrote:So it seems that Marco Fu and Mark Allen have pulled out. Marco replaced by Dennis and Mark by Cao Yupeng.

Exho :wave:

Indeed but they still sold the tickets on the basis of a certain line-up and when you know how much it costs for the chinese average fan it's still not nice. Now I won't necessarily point at the players. There have been previous events where players where "announced" while they actually never agreed to play in them... and that is somthting I know for fact in two recent cases.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Great to see Dennis enjoying it so much and geez did he make Ali work for this first frame!

his experience isnt in doubt to make it tough but he cant score anymore.

Postby SnookerFan

No, the Ronnie "withdrawal" meant nothing, as he wasn't scheduled to be in it. I'll be honest, I didn't know those two pulled out. Is that why Dennis was in it then?

As always, it depends on the circumstances. If they pulled out last minute due to changing their minds, then that seems a bit odd. Being that there doesn't seem to be any compulsion to play in this event. Not wanting to be there is one thing, but if you agree to go, you should need a legitimate reason to pull out. But without knowing if they had one or not, it's hard to criticise.

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:Bloody work. :mood: At least there isn't much coming in at the moment. So, did Ali Carter pick up his inevitable win yet?

He did <ok> :-( nevermind.

Postby wheelsofsteel

Ronnie was supposed to go then didn't want to, Mark Allen has a touch of the Ronnie's (the word from China). No idea about Fu. Maybe after all these years he turns out not to be from Hong Kong but Barnet

Postby Monique

wheelsofsteel wrote:

Ronnie was supposed to go then didn't want to, Mark Allen has a touch of the Ronnie's (the word from China). No idea about Fu. Maybe after all these years he turns out not to be from Hong Kong but Barnet

Well Allen and Fu were announced in the line-up in the original 110 article, ROS wasn't. That's all I pointed at. And it does make a difference for the fans. Now they both may have a valid reason and I don't really care BTW. So Dennis is replacing Marco and Cao is replacing Mark. Happy for Dennis as he's clearly enjoying it.

Postby randam05

Im glad den is there, why not? its not a ranking event and its traditional snooker rules so why not have a bit of a laugh and give something for den to look forward to in snooker. <ok>

And who cares if allen and fu didnt turn up? I cant see why they wouldnt want to enter, but still having world no.1 and 3 entering is good :)

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Robbo's PET BUNNY FACT beat Robbo 2-1 :redneck:

What? Robbo has a pet bunny who also plays snooker, and it's called Fact? :huh: <laugh> Who was he actually playing?

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:So, anything else interesting happen? I stopped watching after frame 1 of the Dennis Taylor match. (Never thought I'd be saying that in 2011. <laugh> )

carter made two 50 odd breaks.

But at the end of the first frame taylor needed a snooker, got it and carter fouled so taylor could win, went for a long one and left it :-(

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:So, anything else interesting happen? I stopped watching after frame 1 of the Dennis Taylor match. (Never thought I'd be saying that in 2011. <laugh> )

carter made two 50 odd breaks.

But at the end of the first frame taylor needed a snooker, got it and carter fouled so taylor could win, went for a long one and left it :-(

Yeah. I saw that bit. Just didn't see the second frame. Here, who is playing tomorrow?

Postby SnookerFan

Anybody got the full results to this? I can't even find it on the Eurosport website. I know Higgins beat Ebdon 2-1, because I watched it. I also know that Ali Carter beat Dennis Taylor 2-0. But what else happened? :huh:

Postby Monique

Group matches:

John Higgins 2-1 Peter Ebdon
Allister Carter 2-0 Dennis Taylor
Neil Robertson 2-1 Cao Yupeng

Stephen Hendry 2-0 Li Yan
Graeme Dott 2-0 Ricky Walden
Jamie Cope 2-0 Jin Long

Ding Junhui 0-2 Graeme Dott
Shaun Murphy 2-1 Tian Pengfei
Neil Robertson 1-2 Jamie Cope

Peter Ebdon 1-2 Stephen Hendry
Ricky Walden 0-2 Yu Delu
Cao Yupeng 1-2 Jin Long

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:Group matches:

John Higgins 2-1 Peter Ebdon
Allister Carter 2-0 Dennis Taylor
Neil Robertson 2-1 Cao Yupeng

Stephen Hendry 2-0 Li Yan
Graeme Dott 2-0 Ricky Walden
Jamie Cope 2-0 Jin Long

Ding Junhui 0-2 Graeme Dott
Shaun Murphy 2-1 Tian Pengfei
Neil Robertson 1-2 Jamie Cope

Peter Ebdon 1-2 Stephen Hendry
Ricky Walden 0-2 Yu Delu
Cao Yupeng 1-2 Jin Long

Monique. You are a woman that would be worth taking as a wife. :bowdown:

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:Going for that early night now, I'm shattered. Good night, friends. I'll see you tomorrow morning for some snooker viewing. :wave:

Sleep well <ok> speak tomorrow morning rise n shine! :)