Topic locked

Re: Chinalife Xingpai Hainan Classic

Postby SnookerFan

This is a Britain vs China match, so there are two teams.

Ali Carter just won the first frame against Tian Pengfei, to make it 1-0 to the touring side. :D He made an 80+ break in seven minutes. No messing about. :D

Postby SnookerFan

Dott beat Yupeng, in a frame that wasn't advertised above. :huh:

Dott won the frame 55-49, but each had a couple of chances to win. There was some weird drilling noise that caused a distraction for Yupeng, otherwise he might have won.

Postby SnookerFan

Jin Yong beats team captain John Higgins, despite there being a lot of banging going on somewhere. (Are they building a house there?)

2-1 the scoreline now.

Postby SnookerFan

Neil Robertson wins a frame for Team Non China. (Or the International All Stars as the commentators called them.) :D He did miss frame ball, but it mattered naught. He took it in the end.

3-1.

Postby SnookerFan

Yu Delu has the best name on tour. :bowdown:

But he muffed his chance when on a shot, he accidentally brushed the white and caused a foul. The International Alliance of Megastars are now 4-1 up, with only Stephen Hendry vs Ding Junhui left. So the most intriguing frame, is also a dead frame. After this frame, the final follows. :D

Postby SnookerFan

Ding makes a 117 to make it a 4-2 loss for the home team.

The commentators have just said a new frame has been added to the exhibition game. Feck knows why, as Team China can't win. They don't even know who is going to be in the frame.

Ooooh, it's a Mystery Frame. How exciting. :bowdown:

Postby SnookerFan

Rocket_ron wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:IT'S TIME FOR THE FINAL, sweeties! :D

come on cope!!!!!!!!! :D

Somebody else watching. :ba: Rocket Ron. :wave:

1-1. Cope seemed to lose focus in the second frame. But it was a good century he made. :D

Postby SnookerFan

Rocket_ron wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:IT'S TIME FOR THE FINAL, sweeties! :D

come on cope!!!!!!!!! :D

Ah, I see. You are off to Sheffield today are you? :D Enjoy that. I'm not lucky enough, so I'll continue watching the China Snookering. Enjoy your day. I want updates.

Higgins goes 2-1 over Cope.

Postby SnookerFan

Cope had two good chances to win that frame, and he through them away. :sad:

3-1 to Higgins, Cope looks dejected. I just don't think he's got any fight in him.

Postby SnookerFan

Casey wrote:Higgins just can't stop winning :bowdown:

You're right, he's really hit form.

I hope his form doesn't run out by The Crucible time. That would be a shame.

Postby randam05

Mine didnt record! so im furious now :( very upset angry, dissapointed, sad but theres some on at 1.15 so hope thatscool.

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:Mine didnt record! so im furious now :( very upset angry, dissapointed, sad but theres some on at 1.15 so hope thatscool.

See, should've got up at 6am with us hard nuts. :D

Not what I was saying at 5:55am today, when my alarm went.

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:
randam05 wrote:Mine didnt record! so im furious now :( very upset angry, dissapointed, sad but theres some on at 1.15 so hope thatscool.

<laugh> Son have you seen it to the end SF?

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

<laugh> Son have you seen it to the end SF?

Just had lunch with my dad and brother, saw the last frame and a half of the Higgins win.

"You have a second bunch of flowers, John Higgins. You are a lucky man tonight." <laugh>

Postby randam05

Hahahaha i was wetting myself! then the 20ft cheque and the 10tonne trophy! That was hilarious <laugh>

But Higgins is an incredible man, just superb. Finishes off with back to back centuries and he looks to have won every match before playing. The crucible will be his again <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:Hahahaha i was wetting myself! then the 20ft cheque and the 10tonne trophy! That was hilarious <laugh>

But Higgins is an incredible man, just superb. Finishes off with back to back centuries and he looks to have won every match before playing. The crucible will be his again <ok>

John Higgins last four at The Crucible.

2007 Won
2008 Didn't
2009 Won
2010 Didn't

:eek: I see a pattern.

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:
randam05 wrote:Hahahaha i was wetting myself! then the 20ft cheque and the 10tonne trophy! That was hilarious <laugh>

John Higgins last four at The Crucible.

2007 Won
2008 Didn't
2009 Won
2010 Didn't

:eek: I see a pattern.

<laugh> well spotted <ok> nah but seriously, he looks unbeatable from any position at the moment.

Postby Monique

He looked very strong last year also, had been GP semi finalist, UK finalist, won the Welsh, was defending champion, then lost in round 2 to Steve Davis of all people. Not taking anything from Steve but, honestly Higgins wasn't at his best to say the least.
The Crucible brings its sown pressure and it's always hard to predict.

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:He looked very strong last year also, had been GP semi finalist, UK finalist, won the Welsh, was defending champion, then lost in round 2 to Steve Davis of all people. Not taking anything from Steve but, honestly Higgins wasn't at his best to say the least.

Good job us three are the only people who watched this tournament. <laugh> The Higgins haters would have a field day with that quote.

It'd be nice to see Higgins have a fourth, for his dad. But at the same time it'd be nicer to see a Selby or a Ding win their first. But I'll also be wanting Mark Williams to win. It'd mean a lot to him, considering his drop in the rankings, and his loss to Higgins in Telford.

Can they all just win? All four of them? <laugh>

Postby Monique

It's not about hating Higgins. He is very strong at the moment although his match against Carter could have gone the other way had Carter got the run of the balls, as you must know because you watched it. He also lost to Dott in Wembley in round 1. So he is not unbeatable. Nobody is and the Crucible is rather special. Over the last 7 years, Higgins has won it twice but he has also lost in round 2 four times and in round 1 once ... so it's a bit of all or nothing there for him.

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:
Monique wrote:He looked very strong last year also, had been GP semi finalist, UK finalist, won the Welsh, was defending champion, then lost in round 2 to Steve Davis of all people. Not taking anything from Steve but, honestly Higgins wasn't at his best to say the least.

Good job us three are the only people who watched this tournament. <laugh> The Higgins haters would have a field day with that quote.

It'd be nice to see Higgins have a fourth, for his dad. But at the same time it'd be nicer to see a Selby or a Ding win their first. But I'll also be wanting Mark Williams to win. It'd mean a lot to him, considering his drop in the rankings, and his loss to Higgins in Telford.

Can they all just win? All four of them? <laugh>

I want dominic dale to win.Full stop. :love: