Topic locked

Re: Chinalife Xingpai Hainan Classic

Postby Monique

randam05 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Monique wrote:He looked very strong last year also, had been GP semi finalist, UK finalist, won the Welsh, was defending champion, then lost in round 2 to Steve Davis of all people. Not taking anything from Steve but, honestly Higgins wasn't at his best to say the least.
The Crucible brings its sown pressure and it's always hard to predict.

Good job us three are the only people who watched this tournament. <laugh> The Higgins haters would have a field day with that quote.

It'd be nice to see Higgins have a fourth, for his dad. But at the same time it'd be nicer to see a Selby or a Ding win their first. But I'll also be wanting Mark Williams to win. It'd mean a lot to him, considering his drop in the rankings, and his loss to Higgins in Telford.

Can they all just win? All four of them? <laugh>

I want dominic dale to win.Full stop. :love:

It's then we'll need the tape ... :innocent:

Postby randam05

Monique wrote:
randam05 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Monique wrote:He looked very strong last year also, had been GP semi finalist, UK finalist, won the Welsh, was defending champion, then lost in round 2 to Steve Davis of all people. Not taking anything from Steve but, honestly Higgins wasn't at his best to say the least.
The Crucible brings its sown pressure and it's always hard to predict.

Good job us three are the only people who watched this tournament. <laugh> The Higgins haters would have a field day with that quote.

It'd be nice to see Higgins have a fourth, for his dad. But at the same time it'd be nicer to see a Selby or a Ding win their first. But I'll also be wanting Mark Williams to win. It'd mean a lot to him, considering his drop in the rankings, and his loss to Higgins in Telford.

Can they all just win? All four of them? <laugh>

I want dominic dale to win.Full stop. :love:

It's then we'll need the tape ... :innocent:

<laugh> I would faint if he won the WC. Probs run to the crucible and bow down to him :bowdown:

Postby randam05

simplysnooker wrote:
randam05 wrote:<laugh> I would faint if he won the WC. Probs run to the crucible and bow down to him :bowdown:

Well he better not win it next year then!

<laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Good event this, I enjoyed it. Be nice to see a couple more of this sort of thing dotted through the year.

Reckon they could start it an hour or so earlier? <laugh> Really early morning snooker, so I could fit it all in before work. :D

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:Good event this, I enjoyed it. Be nice to see a couple more of this sort of thing dotted through the year.

Reckon they could start it an hour or so earlier? <laugh> Really early morning snooker, so I could fit it all in before work. :D

I enjoyed it too and im glad someone else did! <ok> was nice to follow it with you SF. Hopefully see more tournies like this!

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:I enjoyed it too and im glad someone else did! <ok> was nice to follow it with you SF. Hopefully see more tournies like this!

Ahh, snugglebottoms. :love:

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:
randam05 wrote:I enjoyed it too and im glad someone else did! <ok> was nice to follow it with you SF. Hopefully see more tournies like this!

Ahh, snugglebottoms. :love:

rofl :love:

Postby Wildey

i watched a bit of this ill be honest not much of it i was more interested in live scoring TBH.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:i watched a bit of this ill be honest not much of it i was more interested in live scoring TBH.

IT WAS BEST OF 3's FOR MOST IF IT

:zzz:

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:i watched a bit of this ill be honest not much of it i was more interested in live scoring TBH.

i dont mind best of 3s for a event like this but matches as short dont do it for me excitement wise im just who cares if you win you win if you lose you lose

Postby randam05

Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:

i dont mind best of 3s for a event like this but matches as short dont do it for me excitement wise im just who cares if you win you win if you lose you lose

Wild, as a snooker fan how can you be more interested in some numbers than watching the actual snooker itself? <doh> beyond me!

Plus the semis were best of 9 and best of 13 final. Better than the PTCS.

Postby SnookerFan

We still arguing about this? There were only two days of best of 3s, then we had semis and a final. As randam05 says, the latter stages were longer then the PTCs will be. So, it wasn't like we had a week long best of three tournament. That would've dragged.

Personally, I would've preferred to watch the World Championship qualifiers, but as my man there says, they weren't televised. They were just a list of numbers updating. This was sufficient as a four-day exhibition event. Only two of those were best of threes, which obviously has no place at a ranker, but was okay here.

I don't see what the big deal was, it was quite good. And even the Team International vs Team China bit was good as well. As a collective game, even though it was obvious who was going to win.

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:We still arguing about this? There were only two days of best of 3s, then we had semis and a final. As randam05 says, the latter stages were longer then the PTCs will be. So, it wasn't like we had a week long best of three tournament. That would've dragged.

Personally, I would've preferred to watch the World Championship qualifiers, but as my man there says, they weren't televised. They were just a list of numbers updating. This was sufficient as a four-day exhibition event. Only two of those were best of threes, which obviously has no place at a ranker, but was okay here.

I don't see what the big deal was, it was quite good. And even the Team International vs Team China bit was good as well. As a collective game, even though it was obvious who was going to win.

Team internation vs team china bit? Oh that must have been the bit that didnt record! :sad:

Obviously word quallies would have been better, but we couldnt watch them, so this snooker was good! <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:
Team internation vs team china bit? Oh that must have been the bit that didnt record! :sad:

Obviously word quallies would have been better, but we couldnt watch them, so this snooker was good! <ok>

Yeah. Scroll back a couple of pages for my play-by-play analysis. <laugh>