Topic locked

Re: Championship League Group 4!!!!

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:Hendo preparing well for the battle against the future next week <ok>

Yup. Hendry there losing to Marco Fu, the recent Masters finalist. Preparing well for Judd Trump, who recently, ermm.... did.... well.... :huh:

Trump is on the up, Hendry is on the down. Losing match after match here is going to do no good for his confidence at all, so a player with so much momentum like Trump will have no problems taking the old boy out :dance2:

mate hendry cant go as low as Trumps Best <ok>

Postby Bourne

Trump's best will probably result in Hendo retiring as he realises the game has moved on soooo much in the last few years, so the best Hendo can hope for is a scrappy 5-4 win for Trump where JT is a long way from his best, because he'll still be good enough to beat Hendo even playing at 40%.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Trump's best will probably result in Hendo retiring as he realises the game has moved on soooo much in the last few years, so the best Hendo can hope for is a scrappy 5-4 win for Trump where JT is a long way from his best, because he'll still be good enough to beat Hendo even playing at 40%.

That should be on the egg on face thread ......

sonny could you move this please im just waiting to rub his nose right in the yoke of the egg in question next month <ok>

Postby Wildey

Ebdon 3-1 Stevens
Allen 3-1 Fu

Latest Table

--------------------------P W L F A
Marco Fu----------------4 3 1 10 6
Ali Carter----------------3 2 1 7 3
Matthew Stevens--------3 2 1 7 4
Mark Allen--------------3 2 1 6 5

Peter Ebdon-------------4 1 3 6 10
Mark King---------------3 1 2 3 8
Stephen Hendry---------3 0 3 4 9

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:Trump's best will probably result in Hendo retiring as he realises the game has moved on soooo much in the last few years, so the best Hendo can hope for is a scrappy 5-4 win for Trump where JT is a long way from his best, because he'll still be good enough to beat Hendo even playing at 40%.

That should be on the egg on face thread ......

sonny could you move this please im just waiting to rub his nose right in the yoke of the egg in question next month <ok>

You're saying this on the thread which states Hendry has lost 3 out of 3 matches today
So the egg's on your face mate :wave:

Postby Tubberlad

I think Trump should beat Hendry in Berlin actually... anything less than a win would be a disappointment.

Postby SnookerFan

Tubberlad wrote:I think Trump should beat Hendry in Berlin actually... anything less than a win would be a disappointment.

I still say it's a 50/50 match that could go either way. I think the idea that Hendry is still a force in the game, or that Judd Trump if the future of the game are both :wave: opinions though.

Postby Tubberlad

SnookerFan wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:I think Trump should beat Hendry in Berlin actually... anything less than a win would be a disappointment.

I still say it's a 50/50 match that could go either way. I think the idea that Hendry is still a force in the game, or that Judd Trump if the future of the game are both :wave: opinions though.

Yeah, I don't think either are true. I think Trump will have success, and who knows, may be World Champion somewhere down the line. But he's a far cry from Ding as far as a prospect goes, IMO.

Postby Wildey

Prepare to be disapointed ...

and Bourne the 3 players Hendry Lost to today are Better players than Trump will ever be <ok>

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:

and Bourne the 3 players Hendry Lost to today are Better players than Trump will ever be <ok>

:seif:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

:seif:

:)

Postby Bourne

A week to go, and i'm not ashamed to say ... i'm pumped up !!! If it's not on TV then I will be in a bad mood for the rest of the year <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:A week to go, and i'm not ashamed to say ... i'm pumped up !!! If it's not on TV then I will be in a bad mood for the rest of the year <ok>

This is the British Eurosport LIVE Transmition for that session

9.00am-12.00pm

Session Matches

Ding Junhui v Matthew Stevens
Stephen Hendry v Judd Trump
Liu Song v Daniel Wells
Anthony McGill v Mario Wehrmann
Robert Milkins v Lasse Munstermann

Postby Wildey

Todays Order of Play

10.30am
Mark King v Mark Allen
Ali Carter v Stephen Hendry

11.45am
Marco Fu v Matthew Stevens
Peter Ebdon v Mark Allen

Not before 1.30pm
Ali Carter v Matthew Stevens
Mark King v Stephen Hendry

2.45pm
Peter Ebdon v Stephen Hendry
Ali Carter v Mark Allen

4pm
Mark King v Marco Fu

Not before 5.30pm
Semi Finals

6.45pm
Final

Postby sundaygirl

I watched Matthew yesterday on bet365.
King he beat 3-0 but King was woeful
Allen he beat 3-1 played very well best of all the matches I saw.
Hendry started very well won the first in a single visit then fell apart...
Ebdon 1-1 Stevens, Ebdon in a snooker gives away points and then leaves a free ball. Matthew chooses yellow as his red (it was all he needed) misses and leaves Ebdon snookered on the last red by the yellow...
To his credit Ebdon won the next and the match in style.

To watch on bet365 you have to have credit in an account with them so I put £5 treble on Stevens to win, however I thought Allen would be the problem match. Worth a fiver to hear Clive Everton commentating again.
Don't know if I'll get to see any more apparently I have to go to work today :wild2:

Postby Wildey

to be fair Hendry did not fall apart against Stevens

Stephen Hendry 2-3 Matthew Stevens
76-0 (Hendry 76), 28-53 (Stevens 37), 66-67 (Hendry 66, Stevens 35), 74-30 (Hendry 74, Stevens 30), 21-82 (Stevens 76)

that was the most consistent break-building from Stephen as ive seen this season

Postby Casey

Its worth reminding guys that Hendry has only lost twice in the first round of a ranking event in the last two years, both times to Martin Gould. To predict a Trump W/O is naive.

Postby Bourne

Casey wrote:Its worth reminding guys that Hendry has only lost twice in the first round of a ranking event in the last two years, both times to Martin Gould. To predict a Trump W/O is naive.

He's never faced Trump in those R1 matches though, until next week.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Casey wrote:Its worth reminding guys that Hendry has only lost twice in the first round of a ranking event in the last two years, both times to Martin Gould. To predict a Trump W/O is naive.

i know what a bummer he would only have lost once then <ok>

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Wild
I'm gona freakin' enjoy bumping these quotes !

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:

True. I think it will be an enjoyable match for both players; I am a fan of Trump and I hope he can progress in the game. The top 16 is a real possibility for him next season.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Wild
I'm gona freakin' enjoy bumping these quotes !

people have been waiting for 3 years to bump my quotes up its never going to happen <ok>