Topic locked

Re: Championship League Group 2!!!!

Postby randam05

wildJONESEYE wrote:but hasn't cope just been bloody useless he should have put Robbo away 3-1

not being funny, but isnt cope always useless? ive seen him play OKAY once since 2006..whats all the hype? he misses blacks of spots for fun!

Postby Bourne

randam05 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:but hasn't cope just been bloody useless he should have put Robbo away 3-1

not being funny, but isnt cope always useless? ive seen him play OKAY once since 2006..whats all the hype? he misses blacks of spots for fun!

Don't think many people have hyped him up recently, and he's actually been moving up the rankings quite steadily.

Postby Monique

Cope is a very frustrating player. Potting wise he's got all the talent in the world, but does he have the brains to back it? I doubt that very much and he's now in his 10th year as a pro so it's not as he is still climbing the learning curve. Also, speaking of temperament, his is very poor: he drops his head too often far too early and it's not an "on the day" thing, it's pretty much his usual behaviour.
TBH the only "excitement" I ever had from watching Cope is sheer frustration at such a raw talent being wasted ...
Maybe he's badly lacking confidence and should see a sport psychologist. I've met him in tournaments and he came across as very, very shy man barely speaking even when with his fellow pros.

Postby Wildey

i tend to agree Cope has reached his level in the game cant see him breaking in to the top 8.

Postby Smart

Monique wrote:Cope is a very frustrating player. Potting wise he's got all the talent in the world, but does he have the brains to back it? I doubt that very much and he's now in his 10th year as a pro so it's not as he is still climbing the learning curve. Also, speaking of temperament, his is very poor: he drops his head too often far too early and it's not an "on the day" thing, it's pretty much his usual behaviour.
TBH the only "excitement" I ever had from watching Cope is sheer frustration at such a raw talent being wasted ...
Maybe he's badly lacking confidence and should see a sport psychologist. I've met him in tournaments and he came across as very, very shy man barely speaking even when with his fellow pros.

yep, agree totally. He looks ill at ease as if he does not totally believe he should be there. Even at Gloucester in a lesser tourney where you expect players to be more relaxed he looked on edge, flustered, not enjoying the competition.

Frustrating cos he can't half play :idea:

Postby Wildey

O'Sullivan 3-2 Carter
Higgins 3-1 Robertson

Latest Table

----------------------------P W L F A
Ronnie O'Sullivan-------4 4 0 12 4
John Higgins-------------4 4 0 12 6
Mark Williams-----------4 3 1 11 4
Ali Carter-----------------4 1 3 7 9

Shaun Murphy---------- 4 1 3 7 11
Neil Robertson-----------4 1 3 6 11
Jamie Cope---------------4 0 4 2 12

Postby SnookerFan

You guys are ever so helpful to those of us that can't be watching it. I have found out that the winner of Ronnie and Carter is either Ronnie or Carter. :huh:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:And Carter secures his 1st ever win over Ronnie.

im convinced you are blind look up 1 post <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:

I am sure you are immune to humour. rofl :bum:

Postby Wildey

Mark Williams 3-0 Ronnie O'Sullivan

Latest Table

Mark Williams-----------5 4 1 14 4
Ronnie O'Sullivan-------5 4 1 12 7

Shaun Murphy---------- 4 1 3 7 11
Jamie Cope---------------4 0 4 2 12

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

parden me for not laughing at a pathetic attempt at a joke that was as useless as pulling teeth <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

parden me for not laughing at a pathetic attempt at a joke that was as useless as pulling teeth <doh>

<laugh> <laugh> Sorry, Mr. Wild. :wave: Didn't realise it was your time of the month.

Postby Wildey

what exactly was funny in confusing people who won or lost :chin:

hardly in the top million humorous lines of today never mind of all time.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:what exactly was funny in confusing people who won or lost :chin:

Witz and Le Bourne said that Carter had won, you and Monique said that Ronnie had won, so I made a joke. Sorry for upsetting you with this ultra-controversial throwaway line.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:what exactly was funny in confusing people who won or lost :chin:

Witz and Le Bourne said that Carter had won, you and Monique said that Ronnie had won, so I made a joke. Sorry for upsetting you with this ultra-controversial throwaway line.

you did not upset me that line was humourous

however this line "And Carter secures his 1st ever win over Ronnie." from witz i was replying to not you lol

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:It was just an attempt to jinx Carter.
Sure if itd been your chum GJ who'd done it, itd have been funny though....

No! You upset Wild. Apologise immediately. :wild2:

Postby Wildey

Cope 3-2 Murphy

Latest Table

Shaun Murphy---------- 5 1 4 9 14

Jamie Cope---------------5 1 4 5 14

Williams,Ronnie and Higgins is in the play offs there's one place on offer and with a win over Higgins in his last match Cope amazingly still in with a shout of it. although with 2 matches in hand Carter or Robertson are the realistic candidates but 5th place gets to play in Group 3 end of this month so there's 2 out of Murphy,Carter,Robertson and Cope going out tonight.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:It was just an attempt to jinx Carter.
Sure if itd been your chum GJ who'd done it, itd have been funny though....

No! You upset Wild. Apologise immediately. :wild2:

seems pointless jinxing after the match over its like lifting the lid after snake hissing <laugh>

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:Cope 3-2 Murphy

Latest Table

Shaun Murphy---------- 5 1 4 9 14

Jamie Cope---------------5 1 4 5 14

Williams,Ronnie and Higgins is in the play offs there's one place on offer and with a win over Higgins in his last match Cope amazingly still in with a shout of it. although with 2 matches in hand Carter or Robertson are the realistic candidates but 5th place gets to play in Group 3 end of this month so there's 2 out of Murphy,Carter,Robertson and Cope going out tonight.

:D :idea: :D :idea: :D :idea: :D :idea: :D :idea: :D :idea:

:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

:D :idea: :D :idea: :D :idea: :D :idea: :D :idea: :D :idea:

:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: