Topic locked

Re: Championship League Group 2!!!!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Mark Williams Wins 3-2 against Ronnie O'Sullivan and Joins Mark Selby in the Winners Group.

Ronnie O'Sullivan will play in Group 3 Later this Month

Group 3 January 24th and 25th

Ronnie O'Sullivan
John Higgins
Shaun Murphy
Ali Carter
Mark Allen
Peter Ebdon
Marco Fu

I thought you only got a second chance? I must've misunderstood. I was under the impression that if you'd played in Group 1 and Group 2, you couldn't do so again. Obviously not. Seems a bit unfair that people in Group 1 get more goes then somebody coming in late.

Ronnie vs Ebdon, hey. Big grudge match.

you can go all the way through Group 1 to 7 Picking up Cash.....

Ronnie gained nothing from beating Williams today because hes in the PL he gained more out of getting £200 then get more ESSEX Based Practice against some of the best players on the planet.

thats why i hate this format.

Postby Witz78

think Ronnie picked up £5,300 for his troubles the last few days, nice little earner and as you say winning this event is not really important to him so he may fancy doing "a Carter" since the event is on his doorstep and gaining paid match practice prior to tournaments.

Interestingly last season i remember he was in one of the CL groups and he lost every game, almost all by a 0-3 scoreline which was a bit of a joke to be honest, obvious he knew he didnt need to worry about a PL place and probably got out of bed on the wrong side and thought "you can stick yer CL up yer jacksie!"

Postby Wildey

cope got £500 for 2 days work that works out at £1,250 for a 5 day working week.

Postby Wildey

thats roughly £32 a hour in a 8 hour shift well above the minimum wage :)

Postby GJ

vodkadiet wrote:This league is another load of Barry Earn bull marmite!

:afro:

Postby Witz78

vodkadiet wrote:This league is another load of Barry Earn bull marmite!

that comment of yours is a loada Vodka Diet bull marmite :D

Try telling that to the players in this weeks groups. Worst case scenario its been vital top level match practice for them ahead of the Masters. And most have picked up a decent few grand for their troubles <ok>

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:Has Ebdon ever played in the PL?

He was offered a place for the shot clock the year he won the UK (as all UK champions are invited) However he turned it down as he was living abroad.

Postby SnookerFan

JR did it! wrote:

He was offered a place for the shot clock the year he won the UK (as all UK champions are invited) However he turned it down as he was living abroad.

Did he not play the year he was World Champion?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
JR did it! wrote:

we are talking shot clock which was started in 2005 and he was UK Champ in 06.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
JR did it! wrote:

we are talking shot clock which was started in 2005 and he was UK Champ in 06.

Mate, you can tell I never watch the PL. <laugh>

Postby Tubberlad

SnookerFan wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Mark Williams Wins 3-2 against Ronnie O'Sullivan and Joins Mark Selby in the Winners Group.

Ronnie O'Sullivan
John Higgins
Shaun Murphy
Ali Carter
Mark Allen
Peter Ebdon
Marco Fu

I thought you only got a second chance? I must've misunderstood. I was under the impression that if you'd played in Group 1 and Group 2, you couldn't do so again. Obviously not. Seems a bit unfair that people in Group 1 get more goes then somebody coming in late.

To put it mildly, the format is absolutely non-sensical <ok>

Postby PLtheRef

SnookerFan wrote:

Ronnie O'Sullivan
John Higgins
Shaun Murphy
Ali Carter
Mark Allen
Peter Ebdon
Marco Fu

You're thinking of pointless.

The way it operates is that the bottom two in the groups are eliminated and dont go on. That is why the tournament is seeded, which makes more sense than Wildcard spots in the tournament.

Postby SnookerFan

PLtheRef wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Ronnie O'Sullivan
John Higgins
Shaun Murphy
Ali Carter
Mark Allen
Peter Ebdon
Marco Fu

You're thinking of pointless.

The way it operates is that the bottom two in the groups are eliminated and dont go on. That is why the tournament is seeded, which makes more sense than Wildcard spots in the tournament.

That is a pointless answer, I'll give that. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

jadechelsea wrote:dose anyone now if Ronnie won last night or not ?

Mark Williams won beating Ronnie 3-2 in the final <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:

And Ali Carter?

Postby Witz78

LeBourne wrote:El Capitano :afro:

one of my mates who plays on the local snooker circuit has been christened with the unfortunate nickname of "El Crapitano" rofl

Postby Witz78

LeBourne wrote:Was he a kamikaze pilot during the war ?

Kamikaze pilots never returned to the airport once they set off.

He usually never returns to the table after he breaks off rofl

Postby jadechelsea

wildJONESEYE wrote:

cool thanks wild :)

Postby vodkadiet

Witz78 wrote:think Ronnie picked up £5,300 for his troubles the last few days, nice little earner and as you say winning this event is not really important to him so he may fancy doing "a Carter" since the event is on his doorstep and gaining paid match practice prior to tournaments.

Interestingly last season i remember he was in one of the CL groups and he lost every game, almost all by a 0-3 scoreline which was a bit of a joke to be honest, obvious he knew he didnt need to worry about a PL place and probably got out of bed on the wrong side and thought "you can stick yer CL up yer jacksie!"

Sums up Ronnie and his fans this comment.

Ronnie is a money hussy who cares nothing for the sport and cannot see past the end of his big nose.

You're right in that he wouldn't travel outside Essex for this heap of junk tournament(if you can call it a tournament).

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:
Witz78 wrote:think Ronnie picked up £5,300 for his troubles the last few days, nice little earner and as you say winning this event is not really important to him so he may fancy doing "a Carter" since the event is on his doorstep and gaining paid match practice prior to tournaments.

Sums up Ronnie and his fans this comment.

Ronnie is a money hussy who cares nothing for the sport and cannot see past the end of his big nose.

You're right in that he wouldn't travel outside Essex for this heap of junk tournament(if you can call it a tournament).

Bit harsh. It is a crap tournament, but Ronnie is playing in it. Fair enough it's up the road from where he lives. But I don't feel we can criticise Ronnie for not playing in tournaments when he can't be bothered, and then blame him when he does play. Especially in a tournament as small as this.

Postby Monique

Sums you up nicely Frame.
@witz Ronnie played in group 2 last year won his 2 first games then lost all others heavily. Selby was playing in the same group, did barely better and both were relegated only to be the Masters finalists the week thereafter.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Sums you up nicely Frame.
@witz Ronnie played in group 2 last year won his 2 first games then lost all others heavily. Selby was playing in the same group, did barely better and both were relegated only to be the Masters finalists the week thereafter.

So Robbo wins the masters this year ;)