50%
Terrible failure
38%
Didn't see it/Don't care
13%

Total votes : 16

Re: Power Snooker: Success or Failure ?

Postby Casey

Other sports spend millions in getting racism out of the fans/venues.

Yet some fans and players come out and talk about how great the crowd and event where even after they racially abused a certain player....disgrace

Postby Roland

We don't know what was said and it's only a table tennis player who hinted there was anything.

I just read something where Ronnie said it's taking snooker back its roots <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:We don't know what was said and it's only a table tennis player who hinted there was anything.

I just read something where Ronnie said it's taking snooker back its roots <laugh>

so they were sitting on Bear Crates and Smoking like steam trains <laugh>

Postby GJ

case_master wrote:Other sports spend millions in getting racism out of the fans/venues.

Yet some fans and players come out and talk about how great the crowd and event where even after they racially abused a certain player....disgrace

CASE <cool>

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Ominous signs as far as the future of Power Snooker is concerned ??

POWER SNOOKER NO MORE???

Weird that, isn't it? Why would they sell it, if they felt confident the table would be used again? Maybe though it just means they are redisigning the table for the next tournament. Time will tell.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Ominous signs as far as the future of Power Snooker is concerned ??

POWER SNOOKER NO MORE???

Weird that, isn't it? Why would they sell it, if they felt confident the table would be used again? Maybe though it just means they are redisigning the table for the next tournament. Time will tell.

strange one yeh. one thing i think they would alter in future would be to have the cloth in the PowerZone a differentc colour to the rest of the table to make it stand out.

Postby Roland

I like sandy gold coloured cloths as well as red wine. Maybe sandy would be too bright for tv. Grey works just as well.

Postby SnookerFan

Who remembers that time, for one of the BBC tournaments, they had a lot of ideas suggested to improve the game? Most of them were pretty stupid. But, by far, the most pointless one was whether to change the colour of the cloth or not. <laugh>

They asked some of the players, most of which couldn't give a buck. Jimmy White said he thought it was an outrage, because the cloth had always been green. But he thought everything they suggested was an ourtage. If they'd have asked if getting in more sponsors was a good idea, he'd have probably said no.

Anyway, after several days of inane chatter, and wondering if changing the baize from green to blue would bring in thousands more fans, they got round to asking Steve Davis his opinion. Steve said, that the reason it was green, was that when it first went onto television they tried several different colours, and green showed the colours of the ball up the best. So it would probably stay green. It was like, "Glad we didn't ask you first, Steve. It might have rendered days worth of chat unneccessary." <doh> <laugh>

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:Who remembers that time, for one of the BBC tournaments, they had a lot of ideas suggested to improve the game? Most of them were pretty stupid. But, by far, the most pointless one was whether to change the colour of the cloth or not. <laugh>

They asked some of the players, most of which couldn't give a intercourse. Jimmy White said he thought it was an outrage, because the cloth had always been green. But he thought everything they suggested was an ourtage. If they'd have asked if getting in more sponsors was a good idea, he'd have probably said no.

Anyway, after several days of inane chatter, and wondering if changing the baize from green to blue would bring in thousands more fans, they got round to asking Steve Davis his opinion. Steve said, that the reason it was green, was that when it first went onto television they tried several different colours, and green showed the colours of the ball up the best. So it would probably stay green. It was like, "Glad we didn't ask you first, Steve. It might have rendered days worth of chat unneccessary." <doh> <laugh>

LOL yes, and I also remember some hot debate about the colour of the carpet... which ended up I think with the conclusion that a dark shade of red was the best "contrast" with the green baize both for television and for the players' eyes.

Postby SnookerFan

They were discussing bringing a shot clock in as well, but they've mentioned that a few times. Another brainwave was putting a black dot on the cueball like they do in billiards, to help players line up a shot. Jimmy White hated that idea too.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:They were discussing bringing a shot clock in as well, but they've mentioned that a few times. Another brainwave was putting a black dot on the cueball like they do in billiards, to help players line up a shot. Jimmy White hated that idea too.

Jimmy <cool> :) <cool> :)

Postby gallantrabbit

They asked some of the players, most of which couldn't give a intercourse. Jimmy White said he thought it was an outrage, because the cloth had always been green. But he thought everything they suggested was an ourtage. If they'd have asked if getting in more sponsors was a good idea, he'd have probably said no.

Snookefan I thinks you is writing a lot of cods mate. What have you got against JImmy anyway?
This just isn't the sort of thing that would raise Jimmy's blood pressure. Don't know your info source but I believe you should review it..

Postby Roland

Jimmy White seems to be up for anything as long as they don't change the colour of the cloth which personally I find really bizarre. Changing the cloth colour is one thing you can do to make an event stand out without affecting the nature of the game.

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:Jimmy White seems to be up for anything as long as they don't change the colour of the cloth which personally I find really bizarre. Changing the cloth colour is one thing you can do to make an event stand out without affecting the nature of the game.

Jimmy :)

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:They asked some of the players, most of which couldn't give a intercourse. Jimmy White said he thought it was an outrage, because the cloth had always been green. But he thought everything they suggested was an ourtage. If they'd have asked if getting in more sponsors was a good idea, he'd have probably said no.

Snookefan I thinks you is writing a lot of cods mate. What have you got against JImmy anyway?
This just isn't the sort of thing that would raise Jimmy's blood pressure. Don't know your info source but I believe you should review it..

The bit about him not want sponsortship was comic exaggeration to make a point. Of course I don't think he felt that. The rest was from memory. No need to get your panties in a wad. <laugh>

Postby wheelsofsteel

Sonny wrote:Jimmy White seems to be up for anything as long as they don't change the colour of the cloth which personally I find really bizarre. Changing the cloth colour is one thing you can do to make an event stand out without affecting the nature of the game.

was this the same Jimmy White who changed the colour of his surname to Brown? rofl

Postby SnookerFan

wheelsofsteel wrote:

was this the same Jimmy White who changed the colour of his surname to Brown? rofl

That's a point. He doesn't matter what colour his name is, as long as the cloth stays green, dammit. rofl