50%
Terrible failure
38%
Didn't see it/Don't care
13%

Total votes : 16

Re: Power Snooker: Success or Failure ?

Postby GJ

Power Snooker was never intended to replace proper snooker. And it won’t.

dave hendon

:bowdown: <cool>

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:We all knew that deep down

2 ON HERE DIDNT

<laugh>

Postby Wildey

half the audience was there by invitation others was there out of fascination others liked it but wont go again others liked it might go one more time and then the yobs who loved it.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Half the audience were there by invitation

Where's your source ?

just before i switched off the roving reporter talked to one of the audience a lady darts player and she said."i should be home practising for the next tournament but when i got the invitation i had to come to see what was it all about"

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:Half the audience were there by invitation

Where's your source ?

just before i switched off the roving reporter talked to one of the audience a lady darts player and she said."i should be home practising for the next tournament but when i got the invitation i had to come to see what was it all about"

So you think there were two people in the audience ?

Postby Wildey

i said half was invited by the organisers sitting on the tables getting snake hissed....they warent snooker fans.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:No source then ?

OK <ok>

no

obviously real fans was there in the balcony proberbly if i lived next door to the o2 id have gone but then demand a full refund for subjecting me to such rubbish :redneck:

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:this thread is complete comedy <laugh> rofl :idea:

well the whole thing was a joke <ok>

Postby Witz78

god sake, some folk need to take a chill pill and calm down. Talk about getting your knickers in a twist.

So yous hate Power Snooker, OK we heard you the first (second, third, fourth.........) time but why get so worked up over it.

It will never replace snooker but its a bit of fun on the side and may attract new fans to the sport so whats the harm?

Postby Tubberlad

Witz78 wrote:god sake, some folk need to take a chill pill and calm down. Talk about getting your knickers in a twist.

So yous hate Power Snooker, OK we heard you the first (second, third, fourth.........) time but why get so worked up over it.

It will never replace snooker but its a bit of fun on the side and may attract new fans to the sport so whats the harm?

Absolutely no harm at all <ok>

Postby Roland

My thoughts will be on the blog shortly. This is the discussion topic linked hence the purge of abusive trash posts

:santa:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:god sake, some folk need to take a chill pill and calm down. Talk about getting your knickers in a twist.

it will never be played again either <ok>

and BTW it will NEVER atract new fans.

new fans will tune in get a headache with all the stupid idiotic rules and tune off....it did nothing for snooker

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:

it will never be played again either <ok>

only down snooker clubs... i bet you can buy a power ball and a diamond rack and take it with you... i have already spoke to some mates about playing it.

they like the idea of playing points and not frames... i think it maybe a hit in some snooker halls

Postby Bourne

davehendon David Hendon
I hear Matthew Syed has absolutely torn into Power Snooker in The Times tomorrow - he was there. Will be worth a read no doubt.
1 minute ago

Postby GJ

Ultimate_snooker wrote:
Sonny wrote:http://www.snookerisland.com/blog/power-snooker-computer-game-snooker/

very good and balanced write up there sonny...Top marks

:bum:

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:http://www.snookerisland.com/blog/power-snooker-computer-game-snooker/

<ok> EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS BUT I COULDNT BE BOTHERED TO WRITE ALL THAT rofl

AS FOR THE BOOZED UP SHOUT OUTS, I DISAGREE, LET THEM STAY, IN MOST OTHER SPORTS THE CROWD CAN HECKLE AND BOO PEOPLE, THEYVE PAID GOOD MONEY SO SHOULD BE ENTITLED TO DO THAT, THESE SO CALLED PROFESSIONALS SHOULD BE ABLE TO RISE ABOVE IT.

Postby Tubberlad

Sonny: that is an excellent article, fair play. A lot of time and effort put in by the looks.

Computer game snooker? Yeah, that's a very accurate observation. There were a few little touches I did like:

* The barstool style seats were certainly a clever little idea, and suited this perfectly

* Any event which encourages a players character to shine can only be praised. This event did that. It was nice to see more a more extroverted side to the likes of Ali Carter & in particular Ding Junhui. How GREAT was it to see him visibly enjoying himself on a snooker table? The guy is one of the best players I've seen, and I'd like to see him having a ball as he fulfills his undoubted ability.

* The Powergirls... well, I was always going to mention this. In truth, if they had gone out wearing fuckall, it would have looked out of place and disjointed more than a turn-on, this is snooker and not wrestling. They were still hot and that's all that mattered.

* Coverage: we have snooker on ITV, and this has got a LOT of people talking, which is great. Some hate it, some love it.

*The lighting for when the powerball was potted. Again, a VERY clever little idea. Maybe this could be incorporated into entering the powerzone rather than shouting it out every 50 seconds.

Overall, I've made no secret of my dislike for this. I went making plans with the girlfriend for the night during the Carter-Selby game, when I had no intention of going out prior to that. BUT, this has gone down well with a lot of people, and love it or hate it, I think it's got a future.

Postby Bourne

Nothing wrong with people criticising it on the first go either, because it was the first and errors were always gona be made. But it's a learning process. <ok>