50%
Terrible failure
38%
Didn't see it/Don't care
13%

Total votes : 16

Re: Power Snooker: Success or Failure ?

Postby Witz78

the proof of the pudding will be seen soon enough. If ITV arent interested in screening any "normal" snooker, only Power Snooker then as far as im concerned it tells us that the game as it is, doesnt hold appeal to cross over into a new generation of fans / target audience.

And those mocking the Power Snooker event, yous would be advised the now to post your reviews of the Sky Shootout event right now as yous obviously will hate that, pre-judge it, so post your criticisms right now so it saves yous having to watch it come January.

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:If ITV think that then quite frankly they can buck off.

:clap:

And to think i thought witz was now a sensible poster <laugh>

Postby Witz78

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:he is talking bullocks now ......

that's my problem with new ideas and innovations in snooker thers idiots talking rubbish afterwords.

when they do 5 aside football with no offside there's no talk of making the FA Cup a 5 aside competition but for some reason water on the brain or whatever makes people talk rubbish after "different" ideas in snooker. <doh>

who said owt about tampering with the equivalent Premier event in the snooker calendar?

Under my proposals, the 12BET.COM ( rofl ) Power Snooker Trophy would be a further addition to the calendar and carry ranking points similar to a "normal" ranker and be matches would be 45 minutes long with a similar roll on roll off format to the World Open and id chose a venue for the matches which has a crowd fully 360 degrees around the table with high steeped teired seating and plenty of drinking, crowd interaction and atmosphere with music being played at regular intervals similar to what happens during ice hockey matches.

For me its a breaths of frsh air of a format and im not surprised to see that Ronnie thrived in that pub style atmosphere. This for me takes snooker back to its roots to an extent and im 100% behind its future success.

Postby Wildey

kids are the future of the sport if power snooker environmental aren't kid friendly and Saturday was not by a long chalk how the bloody hell does it focus on target audience ?

from what i could gather the target audience was yobs and hooligans...

Postby Witz78

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Bourne wrote:If ITV think that then quite frankly they can buck off.

:clap:

And to think i thought witz was now a sensible poster <laugh>

ill have the last laugh on this one guys, just yous wait and see. PowerSnooker is here to stay, bigger and better things await <ok>

Ive never been more serious and honest about anything before. Ive a new enthusiasm for the sport and welcome the latest developments from Gunner, Ronnie and Hearn regarding Power Snooker.

Postby Wildey

im not saying this sort of thing cant work afterall Big Break ran for 10 years but you got to do it right the whole feel of it for me was wrong before we even got to the second match never mind the snake hiss heads at night.

it did nothing for snooker

Matthew Syed is a snooker Reporter im just waiting for the Headlines to come out from ass hole Jernos

"Snooker Sold itself to the Devil out of Desperation"

"Snooker the dying Sport on its Last Gasp Desperate plea for support"

that is how power snooker came over to the masses and Barry Hearn is right to have distance himself from it without dismissing it as well.

i expect a statement soon saying something on the Lines of It needs a overhaul to be acceptable in the New way i want to take snooker forward.

Postby Rocket_ron

witz has a good point..however the only thing i would say is... it wouldn't belong on the pro tour, if its to grow it would have to have its own tour with its own rankings and sponsers. it needs to be totally separate from real snooker
But i do support powersnooker and i hope to see more of it on its own tour.

Ultimate_snooker :)

Postby Roland

It's not a new sport, it won't have a tour and it won't have ranking events that mean anything. It's a gameshow, it's a computer game made real and it's entertainment. It is not serious snooker and nor will it ever be, it's a bit of fun and that's it. And it should remain invitational and one off days and feature top snooker and pool players.

Postby Monique

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:im not saying this sort of thing cant work afterall Big Break ran for 10 years but you got to do it right the whole feel of it for me was wrong before we even got to the second match never mind the pass water heads at night.

it did nothing for snooker

Matthew Syed is a snooker Reporter im just waiting for the Headlines to come out from ass hole Jernos

"Snooker Sold itself to the Devil out of Desperation"

"Snooker the dying Sport on its Last Gasp Desperate plea for support"

that is how power snooker came over to the masses and Barry Hearn is right to have distance himself from it without dismissing it as well.

i expect a statement soon saying something on the Lines of It needs a overhaul to be acceptable in the New way i want to take snooker forward.

Matthew Syed was very much the exception. Stop your drivel Wild. As a show and entertainment it was good, even if indeed the crowd was too raucous in the end and that has to be addressed. Some of the top players got to show a different side of themselves. They also did showcase their skills and talent, Ronnie in particular. And it can only help snooker that its top contenders display their skills on telly; in any case it certainly won't harm it.
It's not a new sport, it's a new game. The refs loved it. The players loved it. Selby said it was good fun. Murphy was enthusiast. Ding was smiling!

As for the atmosphere and the behaviour of some in the audience ... well I suppose you'd never bring a kid to a soccer match ;) That's 1000% worse. Oh... and ... don't ever go and listen what's going on in a playground. :john:

Postby Roland

Stop your drivel Wild.

<laugh>

Yeah wild, he who has more posts in this topic than anyone else yet didn't watch it so can't comment.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:
Stop your drivel Wild.

<laugh>

Yeah wild, he who has more posts in this topic than anyone else yet didn't watch it so can't comment.

I can understand where Wild is coming from to an extent, even if has a tendancy to get -erm- overexcited. It's all well and good saying Power Snooker is a bit of fun, and not a replacement for real snooker but it was promoted in a lot of the paper's as the Future of Snooker. They had players such as Ronnie and Murphy telling us this. Praising it, fine, but the future of snooker? Of course not.

Us as fans know they're talking bullocks when they say this. But, it's quite scary that there are players that think this way.

I've nothing against Power Snooker as having the odd event, and not being taken too seriously. We weren't snake hissed off when they had Big Break. This is what it's equivalent to in my eyes. But if the top players of the time came out and said Big Break was the future of snooker, and some fans started suggesting we add ranking points to it, they'd have been laughed at.

Power Snooker wasn't as naff as the rules suggested it was, and in small doses (maximum two or three times a season) I see no problem. It's the fanny people are talking in the press that's getting on my nerves. Fun though it was, Power Snooker is clearly not what some players think it is.

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:It's not a new sport, it won't have a tour and it won't have ranking events that mean anything. It's a gameshow, it's a computer game made real and it's entertainment. It is not serious snooker and nor will it ever be, it's a bit of fun and that's it. And it should remain invitational and one off days and feature top snooker and pool players.

it would be a shame if they didn't go any further with power snooker...6reds has a world championships so why not power snooker?

Ultimate_snooker
Supporter of: Power snooker, Six-red Snooker & 9-ball Pool

Postby randam05

Im quite bored of the power snooker talk now.

Im not a great fan of it, nor the 6 reds. But aslong as it doesnt affect any other tournaments..(which it hasnt just yet) then im fine with them and I think they are a fine 'bi-product' of the snooker tour.

Postby Wildey

Monique

Do you think that rubbish worked because it did not work at all mathew syed was not the exeption and the only reason some liked It because Ronnie liked it well ive got a mind of my own and dont follow the trend.

as i said it could work but not like that with that shitty useless formula.

Postby GJ

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:Monique

Do you think that rubbish worked because it did not work at all mathew syed was not the exeption and the only reason some liked It because Ronnie liked it well ive got a mind of my own and dont follow the trend.

spot on wagner <cool>

Postby Wildey

Ultimate_snooker wrote:
Sonny wrote:It's not a new sport, it won't have a tour and it won't have ranking events that mean anything. It's a gameshow, it's a computer game made real and it's entertainment. It is not serious snooker and nor will it ever be, it's a bit of fun and that's it. And it should remain invitational and one off days and feature top snooker and pool players.

it would be a shame if they didn't go any further with power snooker...6reds has a world championships so why not power snooker?

Ultimate_snooker

6 Red the Fad of 2009 has cooled off now ...there was 6 Red Tournaments all over the place last year nobody that interested in that either today..

Postby GJ

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:
Ultimate_snooker wrote:

Ultimate_snooker

6 Red the Fad of 2009 has cooled off now ...there was 6 Red Tournaments all over the place last year nobody that interested in that either today..

ultimate aka r ron posts nonsense why do you even bother replying to him

:)

Postby SnookerFan

Though, you're right, to be honest. We've all given our opinion on this now. Some did, some didn't, some aren't fussed one way or the other. No need to tourist off each other about it. I didn't like the World Open that much, but know a lot of people did. We all have our preferances, no need to get personal.

Those of us who hate it and think it's just a fad needn't bother have a go at those that liked it. If it's a fad it'll be gone in a couple of years anyway, why get so cross?

Postby GJ

randam05 wrote:Each to their own, dont disrespect others opinions on here.

ultimate is an actor who seems to have multiple personalities so i take his comments with pinch of salt

:wave:

Therefore apart from him i respect everyones views on here even witz :) <laugh>

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:Each to their own, dont disrespect others opinions on here.

agree

and my opinion is power snooker is crap rubbish that needs to go through a overhaul or it will be binned.

lets hope nobody will overhaul it <ok>

Postby Bourne

Yeh guys by all means hate on the competition or the format or whatever but try to keep the personal insults to a minimum <ok>

Postby Monique

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:Monique

Do you think that poo worked because it did not work at all mathew syed was not the exeption and the only reason some liked It because Ronnie liked it well ive got a mind of my own and dont follow the trend.

Wild, you are entitled your opinion but, sorry, I DO read the press every day, every article in English, French or Flemish coming on RSS feeds about snooker I check them, even the league reports and local exos. Matthew Syed IS the exception. He really is. And as to your own admission you didn't watch it and couldn't wrap your head around the rules, I wonder what your opinion is based on.
Sonny has done a great analysis of what Power Snooker is and isn't. It definitely isn't a threat to snooker and will not replace it. So stop panicking and calm down... ;)

Postby GJ

there was 1 unnamed poster who on saturday said it was the future of snooker

<laugh>