Topic locked

Re: Power Snooker (Sat 30 October)

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I hope Selby plays the perfect tactical game and wins this event by getting a lead and then running the clock down. That would be pretty damn funny.

yes why not easy enough done

Postby Wildey

Ronnie said rubbish does he want to be part of snooker island. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Selby asleep he was still playing in Gloucester at 11.15 last night <laugh>

Postby Roland

I want this event to work because we need snooker on ITV - this event will get the interest up in the main game so as long as Power Snooker is on the TV it will do real snooker no harm.

Postby Wildey

Matchplay without Foreplay....

yes no wander i dont get any satisfaction its like sex with a prostitute thats got 10 minute to spare <laugh>

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:I want this event to work because we need snooker on ITV - this event will get the interest up in the main game so as long as Power Snooker is on the TV it will do real snooker no harm.

Yes so far it's been mostly positive the only problem will be when people start to get over-excited and say there should be ranking points for these sort of events, which should never happen.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Sonny wrote:I want this event to work because we need snooker on ITV - this event will get the interest up in the main game so as long as Power Snooker is on the TV it will do real snooker no harm.

Yes so far it's been mostly positive the only problem will be when people start to get over-excited and say there should be ranking points for these sort of events, which should never happen.

<ok> <ok>

yes theres should be mixture of events but so far all new innovations has been in conjunction to shorter crucible that sort of talk makes me want to go to london and take a sledge hammer to that table.

Postby Roland

Oh no chance of that. This is like a gameshow version of snooker. It will never be real snooker that people in years to come will look back on and compare stats and talk about records. No chance of that whatsoever. This is not a threat to snooker.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Oh no chance of that. This is like a gameshow version of snooker. It will never be real snooker that people in years to come will look back on and compare stats and talk about records. No chance of that whatsoever. This is not a threat to snooker.

this Format will not replace snooker no but it makes people use terms like more exciting etc.....its different its not more exciting.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:Ronnie said rubbish does he want to be part of snooker island. <laugh>

I remember when Mark Williams did that after the 2003 championship, but at least he waited until midnight. My gran was still offended. :ba: :ba:

Postby SnookerFan

This is one shoddy idea. No production values from ITV4. Fans who are on drugs.... Power Girls that forget to turn up for Selby and Carters entrance..... Ad-breaks every five minutes, and they still haven't advertise Incredible India. <doh>

Postby Tubberlad

I hate this... sorry. I feel like the game has been anally raped. I really hope the players were taking the snake hiss by saying this is the future of snooker.

Postby Tubberlad

There is a positive though: Luca Brecel is a very fine player, it's just a pity we haven't seen him in a proper format <ok>

Postby Roland

Yeah that was a blessing in disguise. Carter had the run when it came to the Power ball and that was the key. If Selby had got right side of the blue and left the white in baulk and potted the pink would that have been enough for him?

No matter, the important stuff is going on at Gloucester and now Selby can get some rest before tomorrow.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:selby can get the train back to Gloucester now <laugh>

Bit of a comedown from this :redneck:

Postby randam05

haha me and jade wanted himto lose so he could get some good rest for tomorrow mourning in gloucster where we will be watching him and supporting to the end.

Wild whens ebdon on today? or has he played yet and results please?

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:

Bit of a comedown from this :redneck:

buck me this is a comedown from playing on a 6 foot table in a kids bedroom <ok>