Topic locked

Re: Power Snooker (Sat 30 October)

Postby Roland

If you get a century you get 50 extra points so Robbo was going nicely enough to win the match there but some idiot in the crowd shouted out when he was down on the shot and he missed.

Postby Bourne

Gut-wrenching defeat for the World-Champ, don't know how long it'll take for him to get over this defeat

:redneck:

Postby Roland

Robbo just blue it with that blew. He could've won had that gone in and it was a sitter.

What this reminds me of is being down the local club using a meter and not having any coins left and seeing there's only 2 minutes left and trying to rush to get the frame over before the lights run out and the frustration of balls running safe.

Postby Roland

Ding and Murphy both scored 311 so that semi should be close. Ronnie on 338 scored the highest so by that token is favourite.

Murphy wanting crowds like this at normal snooker tournaments <doh>

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:has this poo finished yet ?

No

Tune in again in 45 mins for the EVENING session

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:

No

natalie lowe on strictly come dancing at 6 got to get my priorities right

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:

No

natalie lowe on strictly come dancing at 6 got to get my priorities right

:limp:

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:I hate this... sorry. I feel like the game has been anally raped

<laugh>

how do you know what its like to be anally raped though ? :chin:

u been standing too close to Stalin when hes taking pictures :scared:

Postby Wildey

seriously i watched all of Ronnies 30 minutes (cant call it a match) and about 14 or 15 of the selby game then lost complete interest in it then.

its one of these things the novelty runs off straight away then its dead and nothing left then.

its like after being with the love of your life for 10 years then running off with a dolly bird and finding her the most boring thing in the world to be with.

Postby Roland

Witz78 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:I hate this... sorry. I feel like the game has been anally raped

<laugh>

rofl

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

<laugh>

rofl

:chin:

not sure why you are saying this?
but if your doing it to get a reaction then your wasting your time

Postby vodkadiet

This power snooker is a joke. ITV had something similar on in the mid 90s. There was a type of dancefloor with fluorescent lighting and the players had to smash the balls as hard as they could off the break. I cannot remember much more about it. It didn't last,and this won't either. The reason it won't last is because it is meaningless. Ronnie is only interested in playing in events with the shortest format and the most money.

Power snooker is on a par with big break.

"Pot as many balls as you can".

Postby Lucky

rocket_ron wrote:well i really like power snooker and i lke it more that normal snooker.

this is better than i expected

:chin: good point well made <laugh>

Postby Roland

As I said earlier, it is bullocks but it is entertaining and I'm enjoying it. No shame in admitting it. More Power Snooker will only aid the proper game in the long term by getting people to see snooker in a different light.

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:well i really like power snooker and i lke it more that normal snooker.

this is better than i expected

are you for real ???

jesus christ each to their own but i find it more boring than watching grass grow..

thank god for streaming or id be doing that this afternoon.

Postby Witz78

Its been a brilliant afternoon so far and im only gutted that im having to miss the evenings play to go to a fancy dress party. Will SKY+ it though.

Postby Lucky

StalinESQ wrote:I've just bought a bottle of white lightning........................gonna get drunk trampo style tonight :D <laugh> :idea: :D <laugh> :idea:

<laugh> White lightning :tvrky:

Postby Smart

Lucky balls wrote:
Sonny wrote:I'm enjoying it actually :redneck:

Seriously? Its borderline embarrasing, whoever thought it was a good idea to tell the crowd to make some noise needs shooting.......that kind of thing has to be spontaneous <ok>

Has Smart been on? Or is he a secret fan and is in the arena holloring <laugh>

not watched any to be honest..................might view a little bit tonight, but my priority is the white lightning in the fridge <ok> :idea: <ok> :idea:

Postby Lucky

StalinESQ wrote:
Lucky balls wrote:
Sonny wrote:I'm enjoying it actually :redneck:

Seriously? Its borderline embarrasing, whoever thought it was a good idea to tell the crowd to make some noise needs shooting.......that kind of thing has to be spontaneous <ok>

Has Smart been on? Or is he a secret fan and is in the arena holloring <laugh>

not watched any to be honest..................might view a little bit tonight, but my priority is the white lightning in the fridge <ok> :idea: <ok> :idea:

Good man <ok> but surely X factor is more ideal on the Lightning than shower snooker? Been warming up on Stella and pizza for the last couple of hours :john:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Wild the act is running dry, we know you're loving it so stop pretending :redneck:

mate ive never been more serious in my life.

i tuned in at 1 going to give it a chance and it fell flat had no excitement had nothing at all

Postby Smart

Bourne wrote:Who's the hammer who called out on Robbo's shot there ? <doh>

thats the sort of thing I would do in this environ...............who cares its total rubbish so why not just have people calling out on the shot and even throwing drinks or objects at the players too <laugh> :idea: <laugh> :idea: