Topic locked

Re: Power Snooker (Sat 30 October)

Postby Tubberlad

rocket_ron wrote:you lot are just being negative to be in the forums clique.

there was nothing wrong with powersnooker...it did what it was designed for and thats fun and fast something different.

But you guys cant seem to see that and it upsets me

We're all entitled to differ, and to be fair an awful lot of people seem to really like it actually, no problem. I just didn't like it at all, and I'd like to think I'm entitled to that.

Postby Rocket_ron

thetubberlad wrote:

there was nothing wrong with powersnooker...it did what it was designed for and thats fun and fast something different.

We're all entitled to differ, and to be fair an awful lot of people seem to really like it actually, no problem. I just didn't like it at all, and I'd like to think I'm entitled to that.

go on then list who like it?

i tell you what ill save you the time and tell you who liked it, in the words of GJ "2 retarded nutters liked it" me and witz and we get called for liking it...hows that fair?

Postby Tubberlad

rocket_ron wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:

i tell you what ill save you the time and tell you who liked it, in the words of GJ "2 retarded nutters liked it" me and witz and we get called for liking it...hows that fair?

4 people voted this a success, only one a failure. I don't think it was a failure because it seemed to go down well, but I didn't like it personally. I think it was a total bastardisation actually.

It's not about being fair. We can't force people to say they liked it if they didn't. And Vice Versa.

Postby Rocket_ron

thetubberlad wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:

4 people voted this a success, only one a failure. I don't think it was a failure because it seemed to go down well, but I didn't like it personally. I think it was a total bastardisation actually.

It's not about being fair. We can't force people to say they liked it if they didn't. And Vice Versa.

Have i gone calling and picking on people who didnt like it???? NO i accept there oppinion i get on with my life but soon as someone has a a differing oppinion to the majority then they get called a retard or nutter or both.

well such as life
Last edited by Rocket_ron on 31 Oct 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Roland

Stalin and GJ you're totally out of order with the way you've spoken to the new member in this thread. You don't like Power Snooker fair enough but treat other members with respect, especially if you don't know who they are.

Postby Roland

StalinESQ wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:SMART

describe what you think of power snooker in 2 Words ?

horse rubbish <ok>

this did make me laugh btw

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:Stalin and GJ you're totally out of order with the way you've spoken to the new member in this thread. You don't like Power Snooker fair enough but treat other members with respect, especially if you don't know who they are.

<laugh> :D <laugh> :D

I am soooooooooooooooooo bolloxed <laugh> rofl <laugh> rofl

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:Stalin and GJ you're totally out of order with the way you've spoken to the new member in this thread. You don't like Power Snooker fair enough but treat other members with respect, especially if you don't know who they are.

not just new members established ones aswell

Postby Smart

rocket_ron wrote:

not just new members established ones aswell

where................................ :chin: :idea: :chin: :idea:

Postby Roland

StalinESQ wrote:

<laugh> :D <laugh> :D

I am soooooooooooooooooo bolloxed <laugh> rofl <laugh> rofl

How much White Lightening have you had now?

Postby Tubberlad

rocket_ron wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:go on then list who like it?

Have i gone calling and picking on people who didnt like it???? NO i accept there oppinion i get on with my life but soon as someone has a a differing oppinion to the majority then they get called a retard or nutter or both.

well such as life

Actually I agree with you there. I think going around calling people retarded for liking something is out of order and in bad taste. Don't want to see that kept up. I hated this thing, but lets respect others opinions at least, even if they are totally wrong/blind (delete as applicable) :innocent:

Postby Wildey

ive not voted on it but the fact i saw 45 minute of it i guess i did not like it .

i tuned in expecting to be pleasantly surprised with a open mind on it.

i thought the presentation at the start was flat and dull then the action started it did my head in then i watched the first match it was ok then the second match started and mid way through i thought seen one seen them all this will no way catch on.

the rules was rules on rules before they finished the rules with more rules.

its as if someone got ballistic with writing the rules down they just couldn't stop.

it needs streamlining before they attempt it again.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:ive not voted on it but the fact i saw 45 minute of it i guess i did not like it .

i tuned in expecting to be pleasantly surprised with a open mind on it.

i thought the presentation at the start was flat and dull then the action started it did my head in then i watched the first match it was ok then the second match started and mid way through i thought seen one seen them all this will no way catch on.

the rules was rules on rules before they finished the rules with more rules.

its as if someone got ballistic with writing the rules down they just couldn't stop.

it needs streamlining before they attempt it again.

the rules were simple to be honest, only 2 things you had to consider were the 2 minute Power Play when the Powerball had been potted and the PowerZone when the cueball was behind the baulk line. Other than that it was normal snooker <ok>

Postby GJ

sorry to the new member <ok> :wave:

edit - Sonny

<cool> :wave:

witz

if you like watching it fair play <ok> :redneck:

Postby sundaygirl

I only got to watch parts of the afternoon session and the last 10mins of the final so please feel free to correct me if I'm not accurate on any points.

Liked the play for 30mins then stop, I think this is the best selling point for it as a participation sport. At the end of the time you get a winner and the next set of players get to the table. Also liked the shot clock in this context.
Liked the smash the balls open break off, as did my two year old (he may be the target audience)

But Power ball and Power zone, Bonus for this Bonus for that, I stopped listening.
Too complex and they assumed a knowledge of the basic rules which a new viewer might not have.

Finally why call it Power Snooker when snookering your opponent was actively discouraged.

Postby Wildey

yes 2 year olds was the target audience lol

they just like colour things getting hit a lot same as buying a toy for a baby they more intrest in the cardboard box <laugh>

Postby Wildey

another thing thats been said on TSF as well as what i saw ITV Presentation was dyre...

i was looking forward to ITV Getting involved in the sport but Matt Smith was useless and Peter Drury who the hell gave that plank the license to talk about snooker ?

Postby Monique

wildJONESEYE wrote:yes 2 year olds was the target audience lol

they just like colour things getting hit a lot same as buying a toy for a baby they more intrest in the cardboard box <laugh>

If 2 years old was the target then the rules must be REALLY simple. And those who can't get their heads around them should be worried ;) (teasing Wild, teasing)

It isn't designed to replace snooker; it was designed to entertain and bring a bit of razzmatazz and it's a different game. But is is interesting as it brings a different set of skills into play. I didn't like the insults and I found the crowd too rowdy. Some tweaks are necessary: there is no need to announce "powerzone" unless it's not obvious for instance. Other than that I enjoyed it for what it was: a good mix of fun and skills. And I was particularly happy to see Ding smiling and relaxed. Only too often I feel sorry for the lad as he seems genuinely unhappy at the table.

Postby Monique

and here is Trish's reaction (Patricia Murphy on twitter)

I'm awake but I still have Powerzone implanted in my brain lol ! Hope you all enjoyed Powersnooker it was definatly a new experience! x
What a day it was yesterday chaos fun and crazy would sum up Power Snooker for me!!! Hope you all enjoyed it I know there were a few mistakes but hey I'm not houdini I'm Patricia !!! Powerzone OMG it's implanted in my brain ! Thanks for all your lovely texts and messages hope I done you all proud ! x x x

Postby Wildey

ohhhhhh the simplicity of it all the refs not got a clue what was happening rofl