Topic locked

Re: Power Snooker line-up revealed

Postby randam05

Haha im excited about this, its probably the most different thing to happen in snooker, im wondering what everything going to be like..gonna be wierd I feel.

Postby Bourne

You can say a lot of things about the concept, belittling the game, gimmicky, tacky etc etc ...

... but you're all gona be intrigued by it !

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:You can say a lot of things about the concept, belittling the game, gimmicky, tacky etc etc ...

It won't be tacky or belittle the game. It's got nothing to do with the game of snooker though, and could be incredibly dull. I will watch it to find out though. If the fist match is rubbish though, I'm turning it off.

I couldn't even be fussed to buy tickets for it, and it's commutable to where I live. :zzz:

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:It is incredibly tacky.

Okay,you're right, it will be... <laugh>

I was just trying to make the point even after the tackiness, it's still not going to provide interesting match-ups. I just wonder if they've got some jingle when the Power Ball is potted.. Or an effect, like when they punched somebody on Batman and the word POW appeared. Ronnie's potted the POWER BALL. *fanfare*

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
Bourne wrote:

will not watch it, so does that count as being intrigued :redneck:

im gonna watch it. im powersnooker's biggest fan...im backing it all the way

Postby randam05

StalinESQ wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Oh COME ON! you will dip into it surely? Surely you want to see what its really like, the aren and everything? surely? I would feel very left out not to watch it.

Postby Smart

randam05 wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Oh COME ON! you will dip into it surely? Surely you want to see what its really like, the aren and everything? surely? I would feel very left out not to watch it.

I'd rather burn my eyelashes off with a fat cuban cigar. <ok>

Postby randam05

Cant judge something before youve seen it, but Im not thinking much of it, just want to see what a fail it is, or success, which I doubt from our view. But its to do with snooker so i will watch.

Postby Smart

randam05 wrote:Cant judge something before youve seen it, but Im not thinking much of it, just want to see what a fail it is, or success, which I doubt from our view. But its to do with snooker so i will watch.

It is and will always be a pile of horse-shit <ok> :idea: <ok> :idea:

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:Cant judge something before youve seen it, but Im not thinking much of it, just want to see what a fail it is, or success, which I doubt from our view. But its to do with snooker so i will watch.

With the rules in place, I can't possibly see how it will be entertaining development. I read an article the other day that said Neil Robertson had played a practice match where he potted a black worth something like 76 points. <doh>

I am going to watch the afternoon with my mate, but then turn it over in the evening because his wife wants to watch The X-Factor and Strictly.

Postby SnookerFan

rocket_ron wrote:
Monique wrote:From what I read it was 28 ... 7 x2 because it was in powerplay and x2 because it was potted from the baulk.

correct, 76 would b impossable

Maybe I misread that, then. I only skimmed the article, and just assumed it was some ridiculus rule I hadn't read where he got a quardruple points for it being in Power Play and doubled it again for playing his Joker, or whatever it is.

They get double points for playing it off baulk? I didn't know that was a rule. These rules are unbelievably stupid. <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/3194778/White-hot-for-power-n-glory.html

Gotta hand it to them for promotion. They've managed to get virtually every big name in the game to sound completely stupid.

To be fair, before White, the only players I'd heard praise were Ronnie and Smurphy. Neither of these two particularly need any help in that area.

Postby Roland

Actually I'll enjoy it, and then hate the people who big it up and claim it's the new version of snooker which it blatantly isn't.

It's like enjoying the World Open and then having to put up with mugs talking about shortening the World Championships. If Power Snooker fulfils its potential it will be entertaining, and something you can enjoy with a few beers and talk as it's going on but something you don't take too seriously. And then if that happens it will feed the shot clock brigade.

Postby mrmario

Ok, I don't know if it's wise of me to come here judging by some of your views of Power Snooker but i'll try anyway lol.

I am selling two Power Snooker tickets on eBay for a fair bit below face value as I can no longer make the event

If anyone is interested here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_635wt_1139

The two tickets include the afternoon and evening session so basically at the event all day!

Thanks,
- Ant

Original Source: http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board/sh ... post529628#ixzz13OSR51J3
TSF - TheSnookerForum.com

Postby Smart

mrmario wrote:Ok, I don't know if it's wise of me to come here judging by some of your views of Power Snooker but i'll try anyway lol.

I am selling two Power Snooker tickets on eBay for a fair bit below face value as I can no longer make the event

If anyone is interested here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_635wt_1139

The two tickets include the afternoon and evening session so basically at the event all day!

Thanks,
- Ant

Original Source: http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board/sh ... post529628#ixzz13OSR51J3
TSF - TheSnookerForum.com

you couldn't give 'em away - pile of marmite <ok>

Postby Casey

I wouldn't mind only the likes of Murphy, Carter, Ronnie and Jimmy are making out its the new way forward for snooker and will replace the old game :roll:

How much does the winner get?

Postby Tubberlad

It'll be a sad day if Power Snooker becomes the way forward that O'Sullivan, White and Murphy are making out, because that's rubbish.

The whole concept isn't too bad actually, for one event without ranking points. The only real rule in all this that doesn't appeal too much to me would be 'The Power Zone', which doubles points for balls scored if your striking from the baulk area. bull.

Other than that, I think it will be a bit of harmless craic really, and could end up being a bloody good snake hiss up. But it's far from the way forward, and I personally can't see myself travelling over the water to watch a format like this. No way.

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:whatever ... I've been told the Smurph is practising hard

Now, Monique. Be honest. Has that been eddited to make him look stupid? <laugh>