Topic locked

Re: News from the Ladies and 2010/11 calendar

Postby Noel

I fully support the idea to have Reanne competing on the MT if she can.

The more she exposes herself and her extraordinary talent the better.
It doesn't take a lot for impressionable young girls to see another option other than "pony".
"Please, Mum and Dad, can I have a cue [ like Reanne's ]?".

Role model needed!

=o)

Noel

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Noel wrote:I fully support the idea to have Reanne competing on the MT if she can.

The more she exposes herself and her extraordinary talent the better.
It doesn't take a lot for impressionable young girls to see another option other than "pony".
"Please, Mum and Dad, can I have a cue [ like Reanne's ]?".

Role model needed!

=o)

Noel

I think your right Noel. Its only the narrow minded who would see it any other way. Don't be surprised to see the lady take a few scalps either. Here's hoping eh....?

Postby Wildey

Alison Fisher took out some top 16 players in her time on tour.

but she gave up far to soon only played pro snooker for 4 years had shaun murphy gave up after 4 years he would have finished as World no 70+ .

heres hoping Reanne gets some good results

Postby Smart

case_master wrote:Women Golfers have a separate tour, in fact most clubs spend money by facilitating women golfers. I think it is only right the women have their own tour and if any of them are deemed good enough they should be given a Wildcard onto the main tour. Hearn did it with darts and he was right to do it here. I do hope Reanne can keep her place on the tour which would be a massive achievement.

"post of the day" <ok>

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:Are you single witz?

If your implying that im a sexist pig then in this age of political correctness gone mad where people are afraid to air their real views then yes im sexist, racist, ageist, every-ist there is going basically.

And yeh to answer the question, yeh im single but your out of luck im afraid, your just not my type rofl

Postby Witz78

case_master wrote:Women Golfers have a separate tour, in fact most clubs spend money by facilitating women golfers. I think it is only right the women have their own tour and if any of them are deemed good enough they should be given a Wildcard onto the main tour. Hearn did it with darts and he was right to do it here. I do hope Reanne can keep her place on the tour which would be a massive achievement.

Yet again yous fail to grasp the logic of my argument.

Women golfers have their own tour because females cannot fairly compete against men as golf is a PHYSICAL sport <doh>

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:@witz ... nobody in WLBSA has asked for WPBSA to look after the ladies to start with. That's a debate fans started. So your attack is without object. Nobody neither is demanding for positive discrimination but, yes, we are demanding that negative discrimination stops. We are demanding that girls are not excluded from some (too many) clubs, that when teenagers girls come to learn the game they are not regarded a priori as inferior, that they are not mocked or sexually hassled, that boys don't refuse to play against them and that when they do they treat them like opponents not dolls ...
All that discourages girls to play or to continue to play when they are teenagers. Also parents knowing there is little future for girls in the game (or at least perceiving it this way) don't support them most of the time (Mark here is a great exception).
So with small number of girls playing and very little support it's no wonder the standard isn't great.

It wasnt an attack of sorts, it was just my personal viewpoint and my back up to Stalins responses.

Im fully in agreement with you that snooker clubs should be welcoming to females, infact if more women played snooker, im sure more guys would go to play snooker too...... ;)

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:Are you single witz?

If your implying that im a sexist pig then in this age of political correctness gone mad where people are afraid to air their real views then yes im sexist, racist, ageist, every-ist there is going basically.

And yeh to answer the question, yeh im single but your out of luck im afraid, your just not my type rofl

<laugh>