Topic locked

What are your priorities of your Crucible trip ??

Go in to watch wall to wall snooker non stop from 10am to the end of the evening session
18%
Go in to watch most of the snooker through the day but not fussed about missing a few frames here and there
18%
Only go in to watch around half the snooker during the day and do other stuff the rest of the time.
4%
Only watch a few frames here and there, usually if the matches are at critical stages or its your favourite playing
7%
Hang around the bookies area of the Crucible gambling / drinking
14%
Hang around the bar area of the Crucible drinking and engaging in random chit chat to others.
7%
Hanging about in Tudor Square sitting outside drinking, watching snooker on big screen, soaking up atmosphere etc
14%
No drinking at all, watching snooker the priority of the day.
No votes
Just having a few sociable drinks through the day but an early night
No votes
A few drinks through the day then out at night for a proper night out
7%
A lot of drink through the day and even more at night time partying hard till the last club shuts.
11%

Total votes : 28

Re: What are the priorities of your Crucible trip?

Postby sundaygirl

SnookerFan wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:Why haven't you included "Meet Front Row Redhead" as an option ;-)

Do you like her yourself? You've mentioned her a few times. :chin:

I think she's facinating :gblush: but I prefer blondes :john:

Postby Rocket_ron

sundaygirl wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:Why haven't you included "Meet Front Row Redhead" as an option ;-)

Do you like her yourself? You've mentioned her a few times. :chin:

I think she's facinating :gblush: but I prefer blondes :john:

lol

Postby Witz78

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 626487.stm

Snooker's top fan
By Saj Chowdhury
BBC Sport at The Crucible

Over the last couple of weeks you may have noticed a regular fixture at The Crucible during the World Championship.

His name is James Lawless and he is snooker's biggest fan, as well as being one of the game's most noticeable - primarily because of his distinctive hairstyle.

BBC Sport tracked him down and had a chat

Have you travelled far to get to The Crucible?
No, not at all. I used to live in Birmingham but now live in Sheffield.

How many sessions have you been to this year?
I've been to every single session.

How on earth have you managed that?
I've been lucky with the tickets and through sheer willpower. It's tiring and hard work. I was supposed to be starting a new job, but asked my new employer to delay my start.

When did you first sample the magic of The Crucible?
I first came along in 1987, when I was four. My mother got me into it. Her side of the family were big snooker fans.

Who is, or was, your favourite player?
Steve Davis. But I like Neil Robertson of the new breed of players. He's exciting to watch.

Do you just go to the World Championship or have you been to other events?
I'm planning to travel to various tournaments soon.

Have any of the players got to know you?
Quite a few of them recognise me. Anthony Hamilton is one of them. I was on the front row for a lot of his matches. When he got knocked out by Stephen Maguire the other day, he passed me in the foyer and I offered my condolences. He then asked me where I was during the match because he couldn't see me and revealed that I was his lucky mascot.

So where were you?
I wasn't on the front row, I was sitting further back.

So you were to blame for Hamilton's exit?
You could say that, but I think Maguire may have had something to do with it too.

Now, I have to ask about your hair. When did you last get it cut?
It was March 2005. I've tried to style it, but it just ends up the way it is. It's handy having my sort of hairstyle because the players can recognise me easily.

I believe you have tickets for the final. How much would I have to pay you to take those off your hands? Let's start at £100.
No.

£1000?
No. It would take an awful lot of cash. I've been to every session and I just want to see it through now.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:didnt notice that long haired odd ball at the worlds this year

no me

witz definitely did not see him because hair bear was actually in the Arena rofl

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

no me

witz definitely did not see him because hair bear was actually in the Arena rofl

i did actually see him kicking about Tudor Square a couple of times, usually with Ryan 147 and his dad <ok>

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:

he says he has distinctive hair to attract attention from the players rofl

reminds me of someone else :chuckle:

I know which i'd rather wake up with :hatoff:

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

he says he has distinctive hair to attract attention from the players rofl

reminds me of someone else :chuckle:

I know which i'd rather wake up with :hatoff:

the "someone else" i was talking about was Stalin with his Willie Thorne hairdo ;-)

so what one of them 2 was it you want to wake up with rofl

Postby GJ

wild oranyone

has fat pete the scouser retired as i noticed he wasnt reffing any matches this year

?

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:wild oranyone

has fat pete the scouser retired as i noticed he wasnt reffing any matches this year

?

I don't think so. Last time I remember seeing him ref, off the top of my head, was at Telford. But, you're right. I don't think he did any at Sheffield.

He's not one of the bigger names anyway. At Telford, Jan The Man was injured and Michaela Tabb was doing the Mosconi Cup. Maybe they just use him nominally?

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:wild oranyone

?

I don't think so. Last time I remember seeing him ref, off the top of my head, was at Telford. But, you're right. I don't think he did any at Sheffield.

He's not one of the bigger names anyway. At Telford, Jan The Man was injured and Michaela Tabb was doing the Mosconi Cup. Maybe they just use him nominally?

you replied just as i posted a very short article on it in snooker personalities section

rofl

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Hairbear was knocking around. HAIRBEAR. :bowdown: :bowdown:

He snubs a new job to watch snooker. :D

cant believe hes only coming 28 this year :shock:

:shock:

Postby vodkadiet

Drinking from the moment I get up(eating nothing) until I pass out. Not caring who is playing as too drunk to know who anyone is. Where is that option?

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:Drinking from the moment I get up(eating nothing) until I pass out. Not caring who is playing as too drunk to know who anyone is. Where is that option?

Oh come on. You'd happily sit there watching a John Higgins game, would you? rofl

Postby Smart

I like to watch what I want to watch but I also like the option of ducking out of a match for a beer or a gamble or a natter or whatever.

The afternoon we met up with Jogia was priceless, for the craic and would not of been bettered by being on the front row.

The MJW/Day match I missed entirely in favour of having a drunken evening out with the lads. Its about maximising your time when on holiday. In previous years I have missed a session in preference of staying in the hotel swimming pool. Horses for courses really, and my main thing is enjoying it to the max not sitting watching something that I would only have on in the background at home anyway. As for why buy the tickets if you are gonna do that. My money, my choice, mind your own feckin business. No complaints from me. Everything I wanted to see I did. :hatoff: :win: :wave: <ok>

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:I like to watch what I want to watch but I also like the option of ducking out of a match for a beer or a gamble or a natter or whatever.

The afternoon we met up with Jogia was priceless, for the craic and would not of been bettered by being on the front row.

The MJW/Day match I missed entirely in favour of having a drunken evening out with the lads. Its about maximising your time when on holiday. In previous years I have missed a session in preference of staying in the hotel swimming pool. Horses for courses really, and my main thing is enjoying it to the max not sitting watching something that I would only have on in the background at home anyway. As for why buy the tickets if you are gonna do that. My money, my choice, mind your own feckin business. No complaints from me. Everything I wanted to see I did. :hatoff: :win: :wave: <ok>

snooker fan hater :D

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
Smart wrote:I like to watch what I want to watch but I also like the option of ducking out of a match for a beer or a gamble or a natter or whatever.

snooker fan hater :D

Why are you so obsessed with showing me that other people don't stay in the snooker all day? Just because I do, doesn't mean others should.