Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship The Final Day 2 Discussio

Postby vodkadiet

vodkadiet wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:Selby at second favourite is crazy

Yes, seems strange that. Anyone backing that right now needs his head tested.

I cannot seem to find Tony Knowles in the betting. :chin:

Postby wheelsofsteel

When will some people realise that this fantastic style of play that Judd Trump employed actually won him, er, nowt

He's not any more attacking than Hendry was as a younger world champion.

Mark Williams and Neil Robertson could pot balls from all parts of the table but didn't become world champions until they realised that they had to play the percentages

Being brutally honest, Trump did well getting to the final, but you cannot keep having flashes at every single ball and hope to get away with it against someone of Higgins' class

Postby Rocket_ron

well done higgins, hard luck Judd.

chin up Judd, i believe in 10 years time you will be a multiple world champion like John Higgins.

Congrats to Ronnie o'sullivan for turning up and playing, you still have it you haven't lost it like myself and others had thought. keep playing ronnie and chin up you lost to the eventual winner not just to a nobody.

Congrats to Mathew stevens for getting Back inside the top 16 where you deserve

All in all great season

Postby N_Castle07

What a great World Championship that was, it had everything apart from a 147. I was so nervous last night but Higgins proved again that he is the greatest all round player of all time. Despite not playing at his best through out the event he stuck in there and digged deep when under pressure. Well done Judd your a star and have won yourself millions of new fans i'm sure. I've got mixed views on Hendry not sure if he made the right decison or not but as long as he enters all the PTC's I can see him at the Worlds next year.

Postby GJ

wheelsofsteel wrote:When will some people realise that this fantastic style of play that Judd Trump employed actually won him, er, nowt

He's not any more attacking than Hendry was as a younger world champion.

Mark Williams and Neil Robertson could pot balls from all parts of the table but didn't become world champions until they realised that they had to play the percentages

Being brutally honest, Trump did well getting to the final, but you cannot keep having flashes at every single ball and hope to get away with it against someone of Higgins' class

good assessment wheels

:hatoff: :ahh:

Postby Wildey

the only difference between him and hendry at 21 is hendry did not play flash shots when the frame is over and did not hit the balls that hard but he was just as attacking.

but he put that amount if not more on every player safety shot.

i think the flash shots are fine and exciting when the frames over great entertaining. but he lost 2 or 3 frames last night by knocking seven bells out of pots and missing them he has to learn to sometime play pocket weight and give the pocket a hope of accepting balls.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:robbo did a few exhibition shots a few years back but not as often as trump did them

i saw a lot of Alex Higgins in trump almost the desire to entertain was stronger than the desire to win

Postby Bourne

This tournament will make him hungrier for the future though, almost tasting success on the biggest stage. He went about it in the right attitude this time because little was expected of him and he just went out to enjoy it, but now people will be expectant of him and he'll feel pressure to equal or exceed those expectations and we might end up seeing a much more controlled Judd next season.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:This tournament will make him hungrier for the future though, almost tasting success on the biggest stage. He went about it in the right attitude this time because little was expected of him and he just went out to enjoy it, but now people will be expectant of him and he'll feel pressure to equal or exceed those expectations and we might end up seeing a much more controlled Judd next season.

the boy done good nothing more to be said

he cant reach every final he cant play brilliantly every tournament but hes proved himself on the biggest stage he can only get better.

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:This tournament will make him hungrier for the future though, almost tasting success on the biggest stage. He went about it in the right attitude this time because little was expected of him and he just went out to enjoy it, but now people will be expectant of him and he'll feel pressure to equal or exceed those expectations and we might end up seeing a much more controlled Judd next season.

he did himself proud :hatoff: <cool>

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:GJ I like your new avatar much more than your old one. :hatoff:

cheers :hatoff:

she stays till robbo wins his next ranking title :hatoff:

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:Weren't you meant to have Dennis as your avatar for a year ?

ifhiggins lose the final

i said to dave mac im that confident that higgins will win the final if he loses i will have dennis avatar for a year

fair punishment
:-)

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Saw this on another forum.

Anyone hear the RTE lunchtime news there.....fookin ejits

"after the win an emotional higgins broke down in tears at the mention of his late father Alex 'hurricane' higgins, the man who guided his career and died in february"

top class journalism right there!

Postby Bourne

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Saw this on another forum.

"after the win an emotional higgins broke down in tears at the mention of his late father Alex 'hurricane' higgins, the man who guided his career and died in february"

:hmmm:

Postby wheelsofsteel

Bourne wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Saw this on another forum.

:hmmm:

of course, the Angelus was composed and arranged by Mike Oldfield