Topic locked

Trump toughest draw?

Postby Casey

People often talk about the draw in the lead up to the final. This year Judd Trump has had a really tough draw to make it to the showdown. Given were he was ranked in the game he has done really well to battle through and come out on top.

Robbo - Defending champion
Gould - PTC finalist
Dott - 3 time finalist and former WC. He was playing great snooker
Ding - Masters champion and playing at the top of his game
Higgins - Currently the best player in the World

Given that Trump was not really established before these championships that draw rivals Hendry's 99 run. Hendry might have had a slightly more difficult path but on the other hand he was already established and a 6 time World Champion at the time.

Good luck Judd, snookers new star.

Re: Trump toughest draw?

Postby Bourne

Not only winning but doing it with a swagger, like he belongs there, utter class.

Postby SnookerFan

Casey wrote:People often talk about the draw in the lead up to the final. This year Judd Trump has had a really tough draw to make it to the showdown. Given were he was ranked in the game he has done really well to battle through and come out on top.

Robbo - Defending champion
Gould - PTC finalist
Dott - 3 time finalist and former WC. He was playing great snooker
Ding - Masters champion and playing at the top of his game
Higgins - Currently the best player in the World

Given that Trump was not really established before these championships that draw rivals Hendry's 99 run. Hendry might have had a slightly more difficult path but on the other hand he was already established and a 6 time World Champion at the time.

Good luck Judd, snookers new star.

Unlike John Higgins who had to play such nobodies as Stephen Lee, Ronnie O'Sullivan and Mark Williams.....

Postby DavieMac

Yeah I'd say Higgins was tougher. Especially with playing Rory in a best of 25... enough to make anyone crack :dizzy: :phew:

Postby SnookerFan

DavieMac wrote:Yeah I'd say Higgins was tougher. Especially with playing Rory in a best of 25... enough to make anyone crack :dizzy: :phew:

It's not the done thing to praise John Higgins any more.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
DavieMac wrote:Yeah I'd say Higgins was tougher. Especially with playing Rory in a best of 25... enough to make anyone crack :dizzy: :phew:

This guy had the right idea. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :bowdown:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

This guy had the right idea. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :bowdown:

Yeah, boo him and give him the motivation to win the whole tournament. :bowdown: