Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship The Final Day 1 Discussio

Postby Bourne

Caledonian Craig wrote:Now I know its early days but just supposing (and its looking a little more likely now) that Judd Trump wins the world title then how many can he go on to win? Could he go on a Hendry-esque run of domination at the Crucible? It is possible and there are similarities between the eras. Whereas Hendry came in as dominant forces like Davis, Alex Higgins and Jimmy White were on the wain then the same could be said of Higgins, Williams and O'Sullivan. Also when Hendry broke through he was the stand out of the young generation and Judd Trump is also the same. Thoughts?

I don't get why people always want to immediately speculate when something like this happens (assuming it will), there are so many variables out there, who'd have thought O'Sullivan would have made a mere 3 finals in 18 years ? Murphy didn't kick on after 05 like many expected ? Then you've got someone completely unfancied like Dott being one of the best World Championship players of his generation.

It's the fact we don't know what the hell is gona happen which makes it most exciting <ok>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Bourne wrote:
Caledonian Craig wrote:Now I know its early days but just supposing (and its looking a little more likely now) that Judd Trump wins the world title then how many can he go on to win? Could he go on a Hendry-esque run of domination at the Crucible? It is possible and there are similarities between the eras. Whereas Hendry came in as dominant forces like Davis, Alex Higgins and Jimmy White were on the wain then the same could be said of Higgins, Williams and O'Sullivan. Also when Hendry broke through he was the stand out of the young generation and Judd Trump is also the same. Thoughts?

I don't get why people always want to immediately speculate when something like this happens (assuming it will), there are so many variables out there, who'd have thought O'Sullivan would have made a mere 3 finals in 18 years ? Murphy didn't kick on after 05 like many expected ? Then you've got someone completely unfancied like Dott being one of the best World Championship players of his generation.

It's the fact we don't know what the hell is gona happen which makes it most exciting <ok>

:hatoff:

If we say: "Trump will win beat Hendrys records" we wouldn't be any better than the BBC experts who said after 2008 Ronnie could very well beat Hendrys 7 world titles :roll:

Postby Caledonian Craig

Bourne wrote:

I see what you are saying but for me Murphy was not as impressive as Trump has been. He never had the flair or potting power of Trump and when he won the title remember that Higgins, Williams and O'Sullivan were a few years younger and in better form. One gaping thing that is apparent is that when a player's long potting goes (like with Hendry a few years ago) it is a sign of the age factor and happens to all players eventually. Not sure of Williams stats in that area but it is clearly evident in both Higgins and O'Sullivan's stats this tournament that their long potting success was really poor by their standards and they aren't getting any younger.

Postby Wildey

Who knows ?

hes on a crest of a wave at the moment enjoying bashing balls in he might develop poor eyesight his long game wont be as dominant he might lose tomorrow and question his game.

just enjoy him one tournament at a time god knows what the future holds.

Postby jojo

judd unlucky not to be five frames up instead of three

i think the first session was fair all square couldnt choose between them then 7-5 judd was right at the mid session interval

however two shots where higgins was hugely fortunate to fluke snookers and win the frames from those to make it 7-7 instead of 8-5 then possibly 9-5 could have destroyed judd and give higgins the confidence needed to easily win tomorrow

credit to judd for putting them two fortunate higgins shots out his mind because they were the difference between being all square and being 8-5 possibly 9-5 up yet none of the pundits or hazel irvine mentioned those two lucky higgins escapes they kept talking about how good higgins is when not playing well and how well he been doing to cling on

thankfully willie thorne and dennis taylor mentioned about those two higgins lucky shots where he fluked the snooker

from 7-7 i had a horrible feeling higgins was going to come out 9-8 and the bbc crew having an orgasm over how higgins done it yet again without being anywhere near his best but judd deserves to be at least 10-7 up

i been impressed with him because he doesnt seem phased and hasnt been taking rash shots on i been saying for a while now higgins cant keep relying on fortune and his opponents to not play well at critical moments and if the run of the ball doesnt come into it judd win complete the win tomorrow

keep pushing pal keep pushing do it for the good of snooker we cant have higgins winning keep pushing