Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 15 Discussion !!

Postby DavieMac

GrumpyMrDavros wrote:
Casey wrote:
GrumpyMrDavros wrote:Higgins has won but snooker has seen a maajor defeat

Thankfully I'll be working tomorrow and next week noon till 10pm . I'd feel physically sick having to watch Higgins claim a fourth world title

Don't write off Trump just yet. I know Higgins is one of the greatest ever but Judd won't let that phase him.

And knowing my luck if I had tomorrow and Monday off Trump would win it

By a dubious aspect of human nature I want Higgins to win it so that I'll miss his grinning face as he picks up the title being interviewed by the sycophants at the BBC saying " It's just a pity your father isn't here too see you win John "

Cut to Higgins bursting in to tears saying that he won it for his father etc etc etc

Doubt if anyone will say " You're lucky you're competing in the game after that juant to Eastern Europe aren't you John ? "

Cue the flowers :zzz:

How about looking forward to the final between old scholl and new school?... :roll:

This final could go to a decider with both playing great stuff and all these hammers will be snake hissing their pants if Higgins won. No bucking wonder its the death of snooker with people like that. :fart:

Postby SavoMilosevic

Mark has one of the strangest shot selections I've ever seen. I can't believe he played that black in the last frame with backspin, instead of just rolling it in and then playing the red which was close to the yellow. He would still have had a good angle and a chance to pot it and, more importantly, Higgins would have needed foul points to win the frame. He made strange choices in many of the other frames as well.

Postby Casey

GrumpyMrDavros wrote:
Casey wrote:

Thankfully I'll be working tomorrow and next week noon till 10pm . I'd feel physically sick having to watch Higgins claim a fourth world title

Don't write off Trump just yet. I know Higgins is one of the greatest ever but Judd won't let that phase him.

By a dubious aspect of human nature I want Higgins to win it so that I'll miss his grinning face as he picks up the title being interviewed by the sycophants at the BBC saying " It's just a pity your father isn't here too see you win John "

Cut to Higgins bursting in to tears saying that he won it for his father etc etc etc

Doubt if anyone will say " You're lucky you're competing in the game after that juant to Eastern Europe aren't you John ? "

I understand you are annoyed Grummpy. However we all know how close John was to his father and he owes him everything. I am sure he is sincere when he talks about him.

Postby DavieMac

Casey wrote:
GrumpyMrDavros wrote:
Casey wrote:

I understand you are annoyed Grummpy. However we all know how close John was to his father and he owes him everything. I am sure he is sincere when he talks about him.

Casey :hatoff:

Postby jojo

asked about what ? the reporter the one who say lets get the boys on the baize he asked him the bit about the heckling then higgins gave a very short answer and wanted to move on

higgins loves it when reporters ask him questions praising him and bringing up his father gaining sympathy ie pointing to the sky he knew by doing that that what the reporters would ask him about at the end

bucking revolting theres hope yet if trump does him

sonny does he read this forum ? because if he does i would like you to try and interview him and put forward the point to him that a lot of snooker fans believe he not innocent even though he a great great player so here would be his opportunity to explain to the public his version of things

you could ask him things like why did you bring up your home in spain to people you thought were the mafia ? why not report to the authorities ? etc etc because it might help put some snooker lovers minds to rest because the public have none of that information the same public who pay their licence fee to watch him play the game they love the same public who subscribe to eurosprt and the same public who fork out a lot of money to watch him and the game of snooker live

i think it only fair but of course he wouldnt want to be put in that position he just wants rosy questions which paint a good picture of him then hell give that stupid grin of his and people say what a fine ambassador he is and a lovely gentlemen

cringeworthy

Postby GJ

kostasmad wrote:JOHN HIGGINS...SIMPLY LEGEND....IF HE WINS THE 4TH ON MONDAY...THE DISPUTE REGARDING WHO IS THE BEST PLAYER OF HIS ERA IS HISTORY....

COME ON JOHN....YOU CAN DO IT

:hatoff: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :win:

Postby footygirl

HIGGINS SURVIVES WILLIAMS BATTLE

JOHN Higgins withstood a Mark Williams fightback to reach the final of the World Championships with a

Resuming at 13-11 in favour of the three times champion is was Williams who started with a bang as he looked on course for a maximum before falling short of the dream target of 147 when he went in off at 105 having potted the black. Higgins though refused to be intimidated with the rapid start from the Welshman and dominated the following frame with breaks of 32 and 35 to re-establish his two frame advantage at 14-12.

Williams, who is twice the champion in 2000 and 2003 has returned to number 1 in the world following a consistent season refused to buckle under the pressure and promptly took full advantage of a red that had wobbled in the jaws of the pocket to make a break of 92 before running out of position in potting the pink leading to Williams showing his frustration.

With the scores at 14-13 Williams rolled in a deadweight red but could only make 14, breaking down on an easy red. Allowing Higgins in at short range invariably means trouble. And this was to be no exception as Higgins - despite some unecessary comments from a member of audience. Having discharged his rant the person in question then left the arena. To his credit Higgins maintained his concentration to record a clearance of 121 to lead 15-13.

Returning from the interval Higgins missed a red to the centre on 24 which allowed Williams to close to 15-14 with the help of an 84. Higgins though won a scrappy thirtieth frame which was punctuated by errors from both players to move within one frame of a place in the final.

With time running out for the Welshman the result was finally put beyone doubt after Williams missed an easy red along the top cushion. Higgins was waiting to pounce. He tapped in the close range red and cleared the colours to seal a 17-14 victory and book a place in the final against Judd Trump, where he will try for his fourth world title.

Suzy Jardine - The Crucible

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

Casey wrote:
GrumpyMrDavros wrote:
Casey wrote:

Oh indeed I don't doubt that so please DON'T anybody pick me up wrong

But

I got fed up along time ago when Higgins served his ban ( Most of which was during the close season ) and everytime he wins a title it's like some sort of fairy tale of someone coming back from adversity when in fact it's all been self inflicted . Even those who believe Higgins was 100 per cent innocent can see why some of us get angry when Higgins is treated like some sort of hero
Last edited by GrumpyMrDavros on 30 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby kostasmad

Post by wheelsofsteel » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:18 pm

kostasmad wrote:JOHN HIGGINS...SIMPLY LEGEND....IF HE WINS THE 4TH ON MONDAY...THE DISPUTE REGARDING WHO IS THE BEST PLAYER OF HIS ERA IS HISTORY....

I agree ... it will still be Stephen Hendry

:baby:

Postby DavieMac

That's fair enough, Davros, and i can see where you are coming from. They cream over Higgins and Ronnie way too much but to bring his dead father in to it, as a slant against him, is where I draw the line... pretty bucking pathetic if you ask me. Only if you ask though.

Postby GJ

vodkadiet wrote:
GJ wrote:taylor is a joke though

crap commentator potential to be a good clown though

Or golf commentator. :-)

Does dennis like golf

never realised

rofl rofl <laugh>

Postby Smart

jojo wrote:asked about what ? the reporter the one who say lets get the boys on the baize he asked him the bit about the heckling then higgins gave a very short answer and wanted to move on

higgins loves it when reporters ask him questions praising him and bringing up his father gaining sympathy ie pointing to the sky he knew by doing that that what the reporters would ask him about at the end

bucking revolting theres hope yet if trump does him

sonny does he read this forum ? because if he does i would like you to try and interview him and put forward the point to him that a lot of snooker fans believe he not innocent even though he a great great player so here would be his opportunity to explain to the public his version of things

you could ask him things like why did you bring up your home in spain to people you thought were the mafia ? why not report to the authorities ? etc etc because it might help put some snooker lovers minds to rest because the public have none of that information the same public who pay their licence fee to watch him play the game they love the same public who subscribe to eurosprt and the same public who fork out a lot of money to watch him and the game of snooker live

i think it only fair but of course he wouldnt want to be put in that position he just wants rosy questions which paint a good picture of him then hell give that stupid grin of his and people say what a fine ambassador he is and a lovely gentlemen

cringeworthy

:hatoff:

Postby Rocket_ron

if higgins wins im leaving snooker and the island, im sorry but i cant take it.

Higgins is the luckiest snookerplayer ever, some say you make your own luck which is true to a certain extent but higgins is beyond that. every poor shot he gets away with, every fluke he gets away with.

Come on trump

Postby Lucky

Rocket_ron wrote:if higgins wins im leaving snooker and the island, im sorry but i cant take it.

Higgins is the luckiest snookerplayer ever, some say you make your own luck which is true to a certain extent but higgins is beyond that. every poor shot he gets away with, every fluke he gets away with.

Come on trump

:baby: :wave: