Topic locked

Re: Mark Selby: Where is it going wrong ?

Postby Roland

I think he'll be fine. He's a top player, highly ranked for next season and he'll reach some finals and win some tournaments and that will do his confidence the world of good for the next Crucible campaign. But even if he doesn't win it next year or the year after that, he'll still be a good bet the following years.

What cost him yesterday was the scoreboard. He should've dropped that red in to leave Ding needing snookers and he would have potted a dead weight black at an angle, didn't need to worry about getting on it to get on the last red. He knows that, he won't make the same mistake again.

Anyway, not got time for this because I'll end up going on a long rant boring the pants off everyone. The fact he's out this year to Ding, I'm not concerned. He may have been around for what seems like a long time but he's not that old and I think he will learn from the experience and come out stronger. He is mentally tough as nails and his game is in top notch shape technically. Not that it's any consolation to know that a day after you've been KO'd from the Worlds. :redneck:

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:I think he'll be fine. He's a top player, highly ranked for next season and he'll reach some finals and win some tournaments and that will do his confidence the world of good for the next Crucible campaign. But even if he doesn't win it next year or the year after that, he'll still be a good bet the following years.

What cost him yesterday was the scoreboard. He should've dropped that red in to leave Ding needing snookers and he would have potted a dead weight black at an angle, didn't need to worry about getting on it to get on the last red. He knows that, he won't make the same mistake again.

Anyway, not got time for this because I'll end up going on a long rant boring the pants off everyone. The fact he's out this year to Ding, I'm not concerned. He may have been around for what seems like a long time but he's not that old and I think he will learn from the experience and come out stronger. He is mentally tough as nails and his game is in top notch shape technically. Not that it's any consolation to know that a day after you've been KO'd from the Worlds. :redneck:

Stop talking about Selby. :grrr:

Postby Black2white

I feel Selby has missed the boat with the Worlds :|
I have no doubt he'll win a couple of rankers and Masters, he's just too good to stay winless for so long
as for the Worlds imo he's just too weak mentally and physically to live through 17 days plus he will now put himself under too much pressure at the Crucible