Topic locked

Re: Ding or Trump

Postby jojo

tubberlad it may be that fearlessness which would be likely to cost trump against higgins ive a feeling higgins will use his matchplay and tie trump up in knots and trump will go for too many leaving higgins in

whereas ding is more measured and mature and will know how to turn down shots and be able to compete tactically against higgins over log periods ding proved this in the uk final when they played

the higgins worshippers say he only lost that match because he was tired as he played the night before well they can go and buck themselves bucking imbeciles just accept the better player beat higgins that day at his own game ie sustained matchplay mode

i just hope higgins loses to williams so all this talk about who can or cant beat higgins in the final is purely epidemic i think higgins got us fearing the worst that how its all been since they let him off

one nightmare after another

Postby Wildey

if Ding's Safety game is up to the standard it was against Selby then he will have too much for Trump over 4 sessions however we know how much pressure Ding is under to deliver a WC To china far more pressure than Trump is under so neither having never been in a semi before it depends totally who can settle quicker and get a lead after the first session.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:if Ding's Safety game is up to the standard it was against Selby then he will have too much for Trump over 4 sessions however we know how much pressure Ding is under to deliver a WC To china far more pressure than Trump is under so neither having never been in a semi before it depends totally who can settle quicker and get a lead after the first session.

Yes. Judd is a good frontrunner. I think if he takes a 5-3 or more lead after the first session, he'll keep Ding off for the rest of the match.

COME ON DING!

Postby Bourne

I was just waiting for wild to say 'Judd's never played a BO33 before so will be at a disadvantage' but it never came haha

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:I was just waiting for wild to say 'Judd's never played a BO33 before so will be at a disadvantage' but it never came haha

Well, to be fair, neither has Ding.

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:I was just waiting for wild to say 'Judd's never played a BO33 before so will be at a disadvantage' but it never came haha

Wow nothing gets past you huh ?

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Wow nothing gets past you huh ?

I won't respond to this, as Sonny is cutting back on those kind of posts. rofl

Postby randam05

I really want williams to win the title now. Wouldnt that just top off a great season for him? He deserves to be side along with ronnie and higgins with 3 world titles but I do believe higgins should be and probably will be 4 times world chaampion.

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:I really want williams to win the title now. Wouldnt that just top off a great season for him? He deserves to be side along with ronnie and higgins with 3 world titles but I do believe higgins should be and probably will be 4 times world chaampion.

It's going to be a good couple of days, isn't it?

Postby GJ

good luck ding and higgins

do it lads

Postby Bourne

No idea to be honest

Postby Rocket_ron

same.

I was one of the first on this forum to say ding would win the wc this year (im sure a forum search would prove this) and most folk just laughed namely tubbs.
so to support trump now after picking ding would be wrong, however i just love trumps game better than anyone else right now.

so i think for the first time in my snooker watching career im honestly torn

Postby Casey

Guys this thread was about Ding and Trump, not about Higgins :gag:

Some are obsessed.

Postby SnookerFan

Casey wrote:Guys this thread was about Ding and Trump, not about Higgins :gag:

Some are obsessed.

Welcome to the fun world of internet forums. rofl

Postby Bourne

Hopefully the first three sessions will end 4-4 haha
My gut instinct is that Trump will win by a few but I think if he loses then it will be one of the 'best' losses in his career if that makes sense, because of the run he's been on and the positives he's taking from this month. This is just the beginning.