Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 13 Discussion !!

Postby Rocket_ron

you talk about not being tested, was ronnie tested in 2004 and 2008? no.

doesnt take anything away from him he played the best snooker ive ever seen him play in them years.

same with trump he hasn't been tested but he is playing the best snooker in this years wc

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:Apparently going 7-6 down in R1 of the Worlds to the World Champ from 6-3 up isn't a challenge but hey who are we to disagree with the all-knowing all-preaching taff ? :shrug:

AND CALMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

yes it was a test and he came through that test but boy ohh boy Robbo just never performed in that match he really didnt the pressure got to him

And Trump didn't let the pressure get to him, but he doesn't count right ? Because we automatically expect him to be natural at this level yeh ? :chin:

Postby onlyevertonjon

Wild wrote:
onlyevertonjon wrote:I said at the time that Dott had played poorly and Carter had beaten himself, but was told Dott has played tough match play snooker when he had done nothing of the sort. Sitting in the chair and watching your opponent blob easy frame balls and leaving you on isnt tough match play snooker, its getting away with it!

Trump then swotted him away but make no mistake Trump has been tested because it was the first time he got past round 1 at the crucible and he has played well. He had to beat the defending champion, who was coming back at him, in his first appearance at the Worlds in 4 years, when everyone had been saying he should be there all the time with his talent.

Dott played a completely different game against Carter ,,

against Trump it was as if he saw it a challenge to Blast the young pretender off the table and he cocked up totally wrong mindset going in to the match.

Dott was poor against Carter as I stated on Saturday, yet because of how he his game is perceived in general terms there is an overcompensation for him on here.

I dont think that was his game plan and if it was he would have certainly changed after winning the fourth on a snooker.

Postby SnookerFan

I think it has got a bit tired now, Wild. I'm not Judd's biggest fan, but I can give credit where it's due. I didn't expect him to get past the second rounds at China, let alone win. And now he's a semi-finalist at least at The Crucible.

Saying he's crap is obviously not correct. I don't like hype either, and was as annoyed as you are with all this; "Judd's a strong favourite" claims, when he kept losing the first rounds. But, I think his game has really come together the past couple of tournaments, and he's playing with a real confidence and maturity that he didn't have before.

I still am a bit annoyed by the press, mind. I was reading The Metro this morning, and they had half a page of the sport's section dedicated to Trump saying he felt invicible, claiming he has to 'only win two more games to win the world title', as if that's somehow different to the other competitors. At the end there was to sentances that was pretty much. "Also Mark Williams is through. He beat Mark Allen." <doh>

But annoying fanboyism aside, he is at least living up to the hype he had coming into the China Open. You can't deny that.

Postby Tubberlad

There's no doubt that from a supporters point of view, Trump is the heir to the Ronnie O'Sullivan throne. He's already snake hissing some off while others are loving it, and has picked up genuine fanboy <laugh>

I like Trump, and wish him well with what will surely be an incredible snooker career. He seems a nice bloke, plays in a very refreshing fashion and that will only bring more fans in.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
Sonny wrote:Yeah and he wasn't tested in round 1 either :redneck:

Already beaten last years finalists.

Robbo tested him yes but Robbo tested him playing rubbish.

im sorry if the truth is hard for idiots like bourne to take but thats fact LIVE WITH IT.

fully agree robbo wasa crap as he usually is in round 1 of majors :hatoff:

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:

im sorry if the truth is hard for idiots like bourne to take but thats fact LIVE WITH IT.

He normally does get through those games though. Although I suppose Trump is a far greater test than any other qualifiers right now.

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:Love the coincidence how every one of Trump's opponents have been crap haha, not a lot of snooker purists here unfortunately.

mate you know fully well robbo never plays anywhere near his best in round 1 trump took advantage of this as he was by far the best qualifier

Despite playing rubbish robbo would have beaten every other qualifier but his tactic of playing himself in to the event backfired due to the quality of his opponent

Postby GJ

Tubberlad wrote:
GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:

He normally does get through those games though. Although I suppose Trump is a far greater test than any other qualifiers right now.

spot on tubbs :hatoff:

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:Love the coincidence how every one of Trump's opponents have been crap haha, not a lot of snooker purists here unfortunately.

mate you know fully well robbo never plays anywhere near his best in round 1 trump took advantage of this as he was by far the best qualifier

Despite playing rubbish robbo would have beaten every other qualifier but his tactic of playing himself in to the event backfired due to the quality of his opponent

Like i've said before you're allowed your opinion which I respect but i'm also allowed to call your opinion bullocks because that's what it is <ok>

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:

Like i've said before you're allowed your opinion which I respect but i'm also allowed to call your opinion bullocks because that's what it is <ok>

so I praise the quality of trump and its bullocks but try to be fair to both players

take your blinkers off mate

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:

Like i've said before you're allowed your opinion which I respect but i'm also allowed to call your opinion tezzies because that's what it is <ok>

so I praise the quality of trump and its tezzies but try to be fair to both players

take your blinkers off mate

What you don't appreciate is there's more to snooker than simply potting balls (for what it's worth Robbo wasn't 'rubbish', he played a match befitting of the standard he's shown all season, decent) but it's the pressures and other variables that come into it which are as important, players have to have the belief in their own ability to keep playing their natural game and not freeze in the occasion. Robbo's sheer presence alone was an intimidating one that few would have overcome especially after building up a 2 frame lead only to see it fritter away before the final MSI. Snooker's different to a lot of sports, a player has to play well to win matches, they don't get them handed to them, winning 10 frames is tough.

Postby GJ

trump fully desvered it mate no sour garpses

My point is robbo is complete opposite to selby in temrs of how he performs in early rounds

trump was class and delivered fair play

Postby Tubberlad

Judd Trump is a ridiculously brilliant snooker player, and anyone who denies that id talking out their hole in my opinion. He and Ding will bucking rule this game yet, Robertson will have a big say too.

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:trump fully desvered it mate no sour garpses

My point is robbo is complete opposite to selby in temrs of how he performs in early rounds

Yeh fair enough mate and I agree Robbo would have beaten probably any other qualifier but I think maybe he slightly underestimated Judd even after what happened in China, Judd came out all guns blazing and it worked and Robbo couldn't sustain a challenge long enough to stop him, and it's not as if Judd's win was a fluke either as he's showed since <ok>

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:trump fully desvered it mate no sour garpses

Yeh fair enough mate and I agree Robbo would have beaten probably any other qualifier but I think maybe he slightly underestimated Judd even after what happened in China, Judd came out all guns blazing and it worked and Robbo couldn't sustain a challenge long enough to stop him, and it's not as if Judd's win was a fluke either as he's showed since <ok>

spot on fair analysis :hatoff:

Postby GJ

anyway a SNOOKER ISLAND EXPERT made this comment on sunday at 7pm

This will be dings comeback match like robbo against gouldy

ding wins this he will take the title this year

BOOKMARK

The GJ hatas will be seething if ding takes this title

:baby: <laugh>

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:anyway a SNOOKER ISLAND EXPERT made this comment on sunday at 7pm

This will be dings comeback match like robbo against gouldy

ding wins this he will take the title this year

BOOKMARK

The GJ hatas will be seething if ding takes this title

:baby: <laugh>

Players tend to have a 'moment' in the tournament where they are tested to the absolute max of their mental and physical ability, maybe just maybe that was Ding's, like Robbo last year against Gould or Higgins against Selby and Cope, they had to dig so deep and so did Ding. If he gets to the final I think he will win but it's a big if, Judd is no pushover anything but.

Postby GJ

by the way what happened with the ref and cleaning the black ball last night in selby match i missed that ?

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:by the way what happened with the ref and cleaning the black ball last night in selby match i missed that ?

I missed that too but from what i've read Selby wanted the black ball cleaned but as the mark was on the other side of the ball Brendan refused ?

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:by the way what happened with the ref and cleaning the black ball last night in selby match i missed that ?

I missed that too but from what i've read Selby wanted the black ball cleaned but as the mark was on the other side of the ball Brendan refused ?

cheers :hatoff:

Postby GJ

Anyway i tend to like watching the afternoon snooker without posting and its such a cracker today :happy: :ahh:

i will be back on this evening and supporting mr higgins and im sure there will be plenty of banter during that match tonight

;-)

higgins :hatoff:

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

DINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:I get why you're supporting Ding first but why Higgins <laugh>

i have my reasons ;-)

just not a fan of williams and higgins bottle is so good mate and im sick of all the higgins bashing

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:I get why you're supporting Ding first but why Higgins <laugh>

i have my reasons ;-)

just not a fan of williams and higgins bottle is so good mate and im sick of all the higgins bashing

Weren't you a Higgins basher a few months ago :?