Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 13 Discussion !!

Postby Tubberlad

Caledonian Craig wrote:Put it a different way then, Ronnie is still given god-like status despite past misdemeanours but other players not Higgins here but the likes of Selby gets absolutely slated because of slow play. Ronnie though has gone up in my estimation the way he has conducted himself in the last few days. Just wish people could stick to discussing the snooker action rather than getting insulting and personal about players that is all.

For every person who gives him god like status, there are people who downright hate him. It's a pity there aren't more half way, but he's a love him or hate him character generally. Some love him too much, some hate him too much.

Postby GJ

i never really disliked ronnie but some of his extremists really help put people off ronnie not his fault though but thats the way feelings can be influenced

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:i never really disliked ronnie but some of his extremists really help put people off ronnie not his fault though but thats the way feelings can be influenced

I agree with that entirely :hatoff: some of his fans are downright pigs

Postby Caledonian Craig

I wouldn't say I hate him. More like I hate the way people try to ram him down your throat. Fabulous player of that there is no doubt and in last few days has gone up in my estimation for the way he has conducted himself. I just cannot hack it when people feel the need to force him upon us. My dislike of him stems from past misdemeanours like I've said before but if I were to meet him personally I'd probably get on well with him so wouldn't say I hate him.

Postby GJ

Caledonian Craig wrote:I wouldn't say I hate him. More like I hate the way people try to ram him down your throat. Fabulous player of that there is no doubt and in last few days has gone up in my estimation for the way he has conducted himself. I just cannot hack it when people feel the need to force him upon us. My dislike of him stems from past misdemeanours like I've said before but if I were to meet him personally I'd probably get on well with him so wouldn't say I hate him.

:hatoff:

Postby jojo

well if people read some f my previous posts they know how i sometimes feel about ronnie and how annoyed i am with the authorities who let him get away with things i even been attacked by monique a few times on here she the one who does all the good work on here ie putting pictures and audio stuff together she a big ronnie fan so im not one of them who think ronnies whiter than white like i said i dont like elitistism in society

however i love his style of play when he in full flow theres nothing like him higgins as good as he is is so dull to watch his cue action is dull his demeanour around the table is dull a ronnie in full flow is a hundred times better on the eye than a higgins in full flow

i hope john higgins loses every single match he plays for the rest of his life however if he does lose every single remaining match he plays for the rest of his life he will always go down as one of the greatest players that ever lived and one of the luckiest players that ever lived ie not being punished like quinten hann

Postby Snooker Overdrive

My match preview:

Ding - Trump:
What a match. Ding hold himself together brilliantly after Selby got back at him. Trump is currently blowing the snooker world order apart and it was brilliant to watch his demolition to the final. Surely this match will be close and there will some fireworks on the way. Ding slight favourite 55-45.

Williams - Higgins:
The UK final reloaded. What a match that was. Williams will be out for revenge, I mean he'll really want to get back at Higgins for what was one of his worst career defeats for certain. The problem: he's playing the currently best snooker player of this world. Williams will need a good start but even that might not be enough as Higgins showed impressively in the UK final. But Williams is playing really well, has his confidence back and has his world no. 1 spot. Higgins favourite 60-40.

Postby Roland

Alex0paul WC wrote:http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1466985

clueless runts

6 hours today on a BBC main station is far too much, especially when the players are all so boring and you get the same guys year after year. Where have all the characters gone from the game?

:gramp:

Postby Roland

Witz78 wrote:1 day to the Royal Wedding

must admit its came round quick

heading off to a party for it so might not catch too much of the snooker Friday

Now that is out of order! Royal Wedding over snooker is completely different to actually being around the venue getting thrown out by Winnie Mandella, being robbed by a prostitute and having your photo taken with the resident tramp!

Postby jojo

bucking buck forgot all about the royal wedding is it tomorrow ? who gives a flying buck about that anyway ? dont see why us taxpayers have to fork out millions for extra security and the like just because them two decided they want to get married what the recycling bullocks has it got to do with the public ?

theyll end up getting divorced anyway in a few years after she starts complaining about how he not treating her right and not buying her the new dress she wanted and not leaving the toilet seat down after hes finished and god knows what else

bucking idiots

Postby Caledonian Craig

jojo wrote:intercoursing intercourse forgot all about the royal wedding is it tomorrow ? who gives a flying intercourse about that anyway ? dont see why us taxpayers have to fork out millions for extra security and the like just because them two decided they want to get married what the recycling tezzies has it got to do with the public ?

theyll end up getting divorced anyway in a few years after she starts complaining about how he not treating her right and not buying her the new dress she wanted and not leaving the toilet seat down after hes finished and god knows what else

intercoursing idiots

For once I absolutely agree with you jojo. Thank god I'm working and not having the media ramming its wall-to-wall coverage down my throat.

Postby SnookerFan

Look, I apologise for any anti-Ronnie posts I made, if they offended people. I've been the first to point out that he's one of the best players in the world, and complimented on the free ball situation yesterday. And have complimented him for other things before. (Like the way he looked after Ding at The Masters final.) I don't like him, but I don't mind saying if he does something right.

Yesterday I was glad he got knocked out, because I've paid a lot of money to go to the final, and don't want to see a player I really don't like. If you feel I shouldn't have enjoyed it the way I did I'll stop. But I was offended by the way pretty much everybody slagged of Matthew Stevens last week when I wasn't online, but I didn't make too much of a fuss. Freedom of speech and all that. Also every time I'm on here people are calling Higgins a cheater, making Anyone But Higgins comments. Also, how many Fat Bastard comments do we hear about Stephen Lee.

I'll try to cut out the way I was acting about Ronnie (who I've been saying all week will win) after a loss, but I feel there are lots of people who talk more smack then I do.

Postby SnookerFan

I hear some people on other forums crying John Higgisn was lucky again. Because of the one fluke he got, no doubt. But in the second session Ronnie was getting run of the balls, something chronic. And still only got to 8-8. It could've been 11-5 the way that was going, credit to John for battling when all looked lost.

Why is it Higgins knocked Ronnie out of three ranking events last year? And people are still shouting fluke?

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Which match is on during Fri afternoon, please say Higgins Williams ...!

FFS

the order of play for the day is on the 1st post of each bucking thread for the last 13 days <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:Which match is on during Fri afternoon, please say Higgins Williams ...!

FFS

the order of play for the day is on the 1st post of each bucking thread for the last 13 days <doh>

So, what match is on when, Mr. Wild?