Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 13 Discussion !!

Postby GJ

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

DINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

HIGGINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Postby Snooker Overdrive

I have to admit I didn't sleep to well. Ronnie could have won every single frame in the final session. He missed two sitters right in amongst the balls, played a very poor safety after getting back in a frame and had this free ball situation after getting two snookers. You can't lose 5 frames in this way against Higgins. There was a lot more possible for Ronnie yesterday.

Postby GJ

ok my avatar supporting higgins worked well

now i will use 2 avatars when ding is playing him and when higgins is on revert back to higgins avatar

good luck to both lads

:hatoff: :happy:

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:Which match is on during Fri afternoon, please say Higgins Williams ...!

FFS

the order of play for the day is on the 1st post of each intercoursing thread for the last 13 days <doh>

So where's the Friday thread ?

Postby onlyevertonjon

I cant make up my mind between Trump and Ding. I think Ding, but just cos Trump has been great and his days will come again. Ding has really matured these last two seasons and where I keep seeing Trump is the son of Hendry, (not having that one for a minute) I actually think its Ding who is closer to Stephen. He has shown steel this week.

The other one is Williams. I know they keep going on about his comeback on the BEEB, but I think he is a great example for all players and getting to the final 3 years after dropping out the 16 is fantastic. Plus innocent or not Higgins stupidity overshadowed and almost ruined last years final, so I dont see it as fitting as him reaching the final. For the sake of a more entertaining final I hope its Williams vs Trump or Ding.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:Which match is on during Fri afternoon, please say Higgins Williams ...!

FFS

the order of play for the day is on the 1st post of each intercoursing thread for the last 13 days <doh>

So where's the Friday thread ?

ok sorry

but the full semi order of play and draw is here viewtopic.php?f=133&t=2236&p=140509#p140509

Postby Bourne

onlyevertonjon wrote:I cant make up my mind between Trump and Ding. I think Ding, but just cos Trump has been great and his days will come again. Ding has really matured these last two seasons and where I keep seeing Trump is the son of Hendry, (not having that one for a minute) I actually think its Ding who is closer to Stephen. He has shown steel this week.

That's some tribute to Stephen fair play :hatoff:

Postby GJ

I make ding a strong fav for 1 reason

he has came through his bad patches so strong where as trump hasnt had a bad patch yet and is due one and if it coms agiamst ding , ding will put him away comfortable

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:I make ding a strong fav for 1 reason

he has came through his bad patches so strong where as trump hasnt had a bad patch yet and is due one and if it coms agiamst ding , ding will put him away comfortable

dont know about comortable but a good point he has not been fully tested at all in the last 2 rounds.

Ding,Williams or Higgins will be testing him to the max.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:I make ding a strong fav for 1 reason

dont know about comortable but a good point he has not been fully tested at all in the last 2 rounds.

Ding,Williams or Higgins will be testing him to the max.

:roll:

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:Yeah and he wasn't tested in round 1 either :redneck:

Already beaten last years finalists.

Yeh and he really had an epic fail when tested against Selby in a first ranking final too :roll:

Postby Wildey

Robbo tested him yes but Robbo tested him playing rubbish.

im sorry if the truth is hard for idiots like bourne to take but thats fact LIVE WITH IT.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:

Robbo tested him yes but Robbo tested him playing poo.

im sorry if the truth is hard for idiots like bourne to take but thats fact LIVE WITH IT.

That's why everyone just looks at you as a parody wild <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

ok tell me who the buck tested him ????

buck sakes if you honestly think trump been playing players that played well you must be a complete and utter bucking wally.

Postby onlyevertonjon

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

ok tell me who the intercourse tested him ????

intercourse sakes if you honestly think trump been playing players that played well you must be a complete and utter intercoursing wally.

If Ding is tired and Williams/Higgins tire each other out in a 17-16 and Trump wins the comp can we call it a weak era?

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:A Williams v Trump or Ding final would be one to savour. I'm hoping Williams v Ding.

Me too actually. Though, any combination of the four would provide a good match. Williams vs Ding is who I'd pick if I got the chance to choose.

Postby Bourne

onlyevertonjon wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:cake walk to semis

Williams then trump

Hard way

Ding then higgins

hard way Higgins?

When opponents are letting you off all the time isnt the hard way. Trump has been fearless and has made it look easy.

Counts for nothing it all depends on whether your opponent played poo apparently <ok>

Postby Wildey

onlyevertonjon wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:Robbo tested him yes but Robbo tested him playing poo.

ok tell me who the intercourse tested him ????

intercourse sakes if you honestly think trump been playing players that played well you must be a complete and utter intercoursing wally.

If Ding is tired and Williams/Higgins tire each other out in a 17-16 and Trump wins the comp can we call it a weak era?

if he wins he would deserve it there's no bad world champion you can only play who is in front of you and on paper its a tough draw last years finalists and one of the Stars of 2010 but reality is none of them played nowhere near their best you cant hide that fact .

i expect the 3 others left in to play their best if they wont well Trump could easily win but if they play well they will be too strong for him....sorry but thats life.

Postby onlyevertonjon

I said at the time that Dott had played poorly and Carter had beaten himself, but was told Dott has played tough match play snooker when he had done nothing of the sort. Sitting in the chair and watching your opponent blob easy frame balls and leaving you on isnt tough match play snooker, its getting away with it!

Trump then swotted him away but make no mistake Trump has been tested because it was the first time he got past round 1 at the crucible and he has played well. He had to beat the defending champion, who was coming back at him, in his first appearance at the Worlds in 4 years, when everyone had been saying he should be there all the time with his talent.

Postby Wildey

onlyevertonjon wrote:I said at the time that Dott had played poorly and Carter had beaten himself, but was told Dott has played tough match play snooker when he had done nothing of the sort. Sitting in the chair and watching your opponent blob easy frame balls and leaving you on isnt tough match play snooker, its getting away with it!

Trump then swotted him away but make no mistake Trump has been tested because it was the first time he got past round 1 at the crucible and he has played well. He had to beat the defending champion, who was coming back at him, in his first appearance at the Worlds in 4 years, when everyone had been saying he should be there all the time with his talent.

Dott played a completely different game against Carter ,,

against Trump it was as if he saw it a challenge to Blast the young pretender off the table and he cocked up totally wrong mindset going in to the match.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Apparently going 7-6 down in R1 of the Worlds to the World Champ from 6-3 up isn't a challenge but hey who are we to disagree with the all-knowing all-preaching taff ? :shrug:

AND CALMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

yes it was a test and he came through that test but boy ohh boy Robbo just never performed in that match he really didnt the pressure got to him