Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 12 Discussion !!

Postby GJ

Tubberlad wrote:
GJ wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:All I want if for Sullivan to beat Higgins. I'm not even that bothered about him winning the title, obviously I want him to win it more than the rest, but it would not bother me at all if Williams, Ding, Selby or Trump won it, in fact I'd be quite happy to see any of them win it because they're all great players.

HIGGINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :hatoff:

Why exactly do you want Higgins to win so badly <laugh>

he is a class player and has so much bottle :hatoff:

Postby Bourne

rebecca wrote:So annoyed I'll be in college :(

And is it just me or has Ding's English improved ten-fold?!

In all seriousness that will have helped his game so much it's given him the confidence in the UK whereas before he must have felt a bit of an outsider, just imagine how hard it would be if you or I had to go and live and work in China not knowing the lingo !

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:
GJ wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:All I want if for Sullivan to beat Higgins. I'm not even that bothered about him winning the title, obviously I want him to win it more than the rest, but it would not bother me at all if Williams, Ding, Selby or Trump won it, in fact I'd be quite happy to see any of them win it because they're all great players.

I think you can say that about both of them :hatoff: but fair enough, I know a lot of people don't like O'Sullivan

Postby rebecca

Bourne wrote:
rebecca wrote:So annoyed I'll be in college :(

And is it just me or has Ding's English improved ten-fold?!

In all seriousness that will have helped his game so much it's given him the confidence in the UK whereas before he must have felt a bit of an outsider, just imagine how hard it would be if you or I had to go and live and work in China not knowing the lingo !

Tis half the reason I dropped outta studying languages <laugh>

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:dings laugh is getting funnier he is a good lad

Loved it when he had that miscue in the decider last night and he just laughed it off haha, never would have happened a year or two ago.

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:dings laugh is getting funnier he is a good lad

Ding had a bit of a laugh when he went out of position against Bingham last night in the decide, he got a kick actually didn't he? The Ding of a few years ago would never have done that, in fact I don't think many players at all would have done that <ok>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

SnookerFan wrote:Though, my nagging Ronnie feeling won't go away. I pick Ronnie to take it 13-12 or 13-11. And with the mistakes that Williams and Allen made in the second session, Ronnie would go through them like a hot knife through butter.

A Ronnie victory over Higgins in a decider would be priceless. The problem with Higgins is that he wins 95% of these close matches.

Postby jojo

should be able to watch some snooker again tomorrow wild time for you to move over pal i will be whoring the place down left right and centre with my posts ha

want to see ding finish off selby got nothing against selby would be nice to see him win it but this is dings year ding fast becoming an all weather player i just think fate he will beat ronnie in the final and lay them masters 2007 final ghosts to rest

williams and trump should complete their wins without the need of an interval and i can see ronnie turning over higgins tomorrow just looking at the frame scores ronnie a lot of fight in him twice two frames down he came back especially the last two frames winning them in one visit his game when close in is still deadly i think this will be the key

if he gets a couple of frames early tomorrow i can honestly see him going into the final session at least 10-6 up he still got it in him to reel off them big breaks in really quick succession
Last edited by jojo on 26 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Though, my nagging Ronnie feeling won't go away. I pick Ronnie to take it 13-12 or 13-11. And with the mistakes that Williams and Allen made in the second session, Ronnie would go through them like a hot knife through butter.

A Ronnie victory over Higgins in a decider would be priceless. The problem with Higgins is that he wins 95% of these close matches.

Higgins is the only person who has the remotest sniff of a chance of beating Ronnie now. With his psychologist guy there, Ronnie would go through Williams or Allen in the semis with ease.

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:
GJ wrote:

At least somebody else who supports Higgins. :bowdown: I don't know where people get this idea that Ronnie is unpopular, and Higgins love. I'd argue the opposite.

Postby Tubberlad

randam05 wrote:Higgins is just quality but shame he has only been on his D game so far this week. And hes still in the quarters!

They both upped their game considerably today, it was a wonderful session :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:Higgins is just quality but shame he has only been on his D game so far this week. And hes still in the quarters!

The winner isn't usually the person who looks good in the first couple of games. Usually it's somebody who gets through the first couple of games, and improves. Somebody who lets centuries fly early can kind of tire themselves out.

Disclaimer; This is a general observation, and has in no way been tested, statisicised or proven.

Postby randam05

Tubberlad wrote:

They both upped their game considerably today, it was a wonderful session :hatoff:

Oh yeah he was a different player today, what a great match so far <ok>

But hes player of the season for sure!

Postby jojo

if ronnie and higgins go into a decider tomorrow i think it will be ronnies turn to win as last year higgins won both deciders in the uk and grand prix

when you get two great players playing and theres little to choose between them sometimes the law of averages comes into it because they that inseperable

however would dearly love to see ronnie in the final think it will be awesome what the game been missing these last few months that man got the wow factor and no matter what anyone says yes he an annoying bucker when his head not right and snooker will never die without him but with him in full flow snooker is a hundred times better theres no one like him

keep pushing pal keep pushing expect to see you in the final
Last edited by jojo on 26 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

SnookerFan wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Higgins is the only person who has the remotest sniff of a chance of beating Ronnie now. With his psychologist guy there, Ronnie would go through Williams or Allen in the semis with ease.

His mental state is sensational at the moment. He looks like a different player, no, even like a new man. He has his twitter account making fun and at his fighting spirits on the table are back. His post match interviews were a complete contrast to the ones he did previously this season or better seasons. He's not bugging all the time about not playing perfect, he is glad he's playing and enjoying it. I said it after his crucial first round match, Ronnie is back and is here to stay for some years to come.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

SnookerFan wrote:

The winner isn't usually the person who looks good in the first couple of games. Usually it's somebody who gets through the first couple of games, and improves. Somebody who lets centuries fly early can kind of tire themselves out.

Disclaimer; This is a general observation, and has in no way been tested, statisicised or proven.

Selby :hatoff:

Postby jojo

in hindsight lee was never going to beat higgins looking back the season higgins has had and a 13-4 head to head against lee i think realisticly lee was never going to get near him and lets be honest rory mcleod was never an opponent so higgins reaching the quarters playing his d game is nothing special

Postby Tubberlad

randam05 wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

No question or doubt about that. Higgins is a very fine snooker player :hatoff:

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:

I think that's generally spot on actually.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Tubberlad wrote:
randam05 wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

No question or doubt about that. Higgins is a very fine snooker player :hatoff:

I have been watching snooker for about 5 years now. Higgins is playing this season the snooker Ronnie played in 2007/08, in other words sensational stuff. He's the only player I have seen who is capable of the same insane standard of Ronnies A game. Thats why I deeply respect Higgins game.

Postby Bourne

Tubberlad wrote:I feel a little sick about it all, I know it's only a snooker match but it would actually be my best moment as a snooker fan up to now if Sullivan won this. Serious butterflies.

Is it more a pro-Ronnie or anti-John thing or just a conglomerate of the two ?